Did Conklin just rip McCall and Jett?

ARon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who gives a sh!t if they wear headbands? Stupid comment by Conklin, except for the #terrible part. When things started downhill it seemed they lacked leadership and tried to make too much happen. They weren't getting any/enough direction from the bench which led to several poor decisions.

I think his point was that RM didn't let them wear headbands (he also wouldn't let anybody wear #1 and now GG does) and maybe that is a sign that they're more worried about what they can get away with than they are staying true to the system and philosphy. Just my two cents

Not sure how much of a difference it really made, but I do wonder if they bought into hype and tried to look flashy. Between McCall and Jett wearing the headbands, plus Ellis showing up with blue highlights in his hair, there were a few things going on that probably wouldn't have gone on if Majerus was running the show.

I thought Crews was supposed to be a hardass? Apparently he's mellowed with age.....

That is what infuriates me about what I saw last night. He is supposed to be a disciple of Bobby Knight, was able to take Evansville to multiple tournaments and was fired from Army for being too much of a hardass on the players. Majerus had even made statements that they had the same mindest about coaching, both very 'old school' and about discipline. Yet, I saw someone who seemed to not want to be there last night, didn't get on the players for making mistakes, made no adjustments, who just spouted off tired platitudes in the post-game chat with EAJ and said the same tired sh!t again this morning.

I thought Crews was supposed to be a hardass? Apparently he's mellowed with age.....

there is a difference between being a "hardass" and coaching with a stern strict demeanor that the players respond to. my guess is they are getting the "hardass" in practice, but it isnt sinking in.

Did anyone ever respect the substitute teacher?

Perfectly stated.

In watching Crews on the sideline last night and how the players did not react to him at all, I thought the exact same thing. To say he was unsure of himself would be one of the grossest understatements of all time.

To follow up on the original post in this thread, this was Jett's response (presumably to Conklin's tweet two hours prior):

Jordair Jett@Th3ManHimself

For the record.. my headband ain't have ###### to do with the game. Thanks

So, that's all cleared up, right?

I have a feeling that this Billikens team is going to get an education when they watch/play Kansas next week in KC. The Billikens haven't played a super-elite team since they had those games against UNC and Duke a handful of years back.

Players need to see that kind of talent. They need to see that there are dozens of basketball players that are bigger, faster, more talented and don't have to work as hard to show it off.

To follow up on the original post in this thread, this was Jett's response (presumably to Conklin's tweet two hours prior):

Jordair Jett@Th3ManHimself

For the record.. my headband ain't have ###### to do with the game. Thanks

So, that's all cleared up, right?

I have a feeling that this Billikens team is going to get an education when they watch/play Kansas next week in KC. The Billikens haven't played a super-elite team since they had those games against UNC and Duke a handful of years back.

Players need to see that kind of talent. They need to see that there are dozens of basketball players that are bigger, faster, more talented and don't have to work as hard to show it off.

I don't think this team will be playing KU.