GAME RECAP

RiseAndGrind

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hopefully that was a one game fluke. however it is the second straight game (out of two) that we have given up 50% shooting. not good.

we were outplayed, outhustled, outcoached, the only thing we excelled in was getting all the referee's calls. had that not went our way we might have lost by 30.

worst game of jett's career. as great defensively and going to the basket as he was friday he was that bad today.

i dont know who played good. evans i guess sucked the least. not much else to say. i guess the only redeeming thing of the game is the bowl stacking lady was there. she is absolutely amazing.

hurry back kwamaine and cory. this team needs you badly.

probably the worst I have felt leaving a Billikens game I can remember, and I went to school during the soderberg days.

It could have been worse. A thousand or so Missouri St. fans could have taken over the student section...

Thanks kshoe. At least I got a laugh tonight. I will NEVER forget that night and it puts tonight in perspective.

I'd say the teams' effort matched the fans tonight. 5058 was the official attendance.

True, but last time I checked, no one gave me a scholarship to go to the games. As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure I am paying an arm and a leg for the privilege of watching Rob Loe flail around and try to dribble the ball like Gumby...

Two things standout to me in this game.

One is ...hot 3 point shooting from SC...63%

Two is ....17 turnovers....outscored 24-8 on turnovers

Had SC shot "normal" you could subtract three 3's (9pts) plus we get rid of a couple of turnovers (15 is still too many) and we could have won. There won't be many opponents this year that will shoot 63% from the 3 against us so this problem will take care of itself.

or

let them keep the 3's and get rid of 5 or 6 turnovers (10 or 11 is still too many) and we win.

If we are going to have a successful season we need to take care of the ball. The good news is that this is fixable. The question is...will we fix it? That will determine whether this game was a fluke.

"Take care of the ball..." is scary when you consider we have three junior guards, two junior forwards, a senior forward and only one freshman guard (who got hurt and was limited to 4 minutes and no TOs last night). Five turnovers by Evans, six by McCall, and three by Loe. We all kind of agreed that if we could take a hit on nthis club like we did with Mitchell, it would be less felt at guard because we were so deep. Yikes.

Turnovers did hurt and fixing that will help. Righting the whole experience will also include running a more crisp offense, rebounding better and defending way better. We failed in just about every facet of the game last night. Unbelievable that could happen -- to anyone but especially at home. Oh well, VCU lost to Wichita State, Florida State lost to South Alabama, etc.

Did it look like to anyone else that last night might have been JB coming out party? he was not scared to shoot at all.

If Barnett and Glaze are getting a lot of minutes we wont be very good, or at least not as good as we all expected. Mitchell and Remekun cant get healthy fast enough

Did it look like to anyone else that last night might have been JB coming out party? he was not scared to shoot at all.

His performance and Evans' performance were the only positives I took away. JB played decent D on foster (better than JJ) and he looked like he could contribute on offense.

I thought Manning and Glaze both looked lost defensively out there. I have no faith in them defensively. Until they shore that up, I don't see them as much of a help.

Our guards also were getting beat off the dribble too much and our rotation for help defense wasn't getting it done. Guys were out of position all night, leading to easy baskets. That was as poor of a defensive effort as I have seen in a long time.