Rickma to be on 590 around 11:15

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, that was 8 years ago.

great point. eastside is a mess far beyond what it was 8 years ago (and it was truly a mess 8 years ago). many an eastside parent is trying to sneak their kids into edwardsville, collinsville, ofallon or belleville east and west. the only sport they really dominate anymore is football. they are still very competitive in basketball and track, but the other sports they are pretty much the conference laughing stocks.

academically the school is worse than ever and the state has taken control of the school board. for tony's own health and sanity, i hope he finds employment elsewhere.

Rick really wants Danny Brown to fill the Tony Young spot

I really want Danny Brown to fill the Tony Young spot. Hell, if I had a sister, and she were a mudshark, I would like for Danny Brown to fuok her. I like Danny Brown that much.

WHERE IS DANNY BROWN SCOOTER AT!?!? WHO DUN STOLE HIS GOTDAMN SCOOTER!?!?

Nonconference schedule:

- Stanford at Washington away

- New Mexico, Loyola Marymount, SIU, and Eastern Illinois at home

- CBE Classic on Nov 19-20 (championship round), plus 2 buy games the week (regional round)

- Any other new home-and-homes

- Any other buy games

great point. eastside is a mess far beyond what it was 8 years ago (and it was truly a mess 8 years ago). many an eastside parent is trying to sneak their kids into edwardsville, collinsville, ofallon or belleville east and west. the only sport they really dominate anymore is football. they are still very competitive in basketball and track, but the other sports they are pretty much the conference laughing stocks.

academically the school is worse than ever and the state has taken control of the school board. for tony's own health and sanity, i hope he finds employment elsewhere.

No situation is completely hopeless. Maybe 30 years from now people will talk about Tony Young being a great difference maker in East St. Louis. I know how stacked the odds are against him, but sometimes one person can do great things. Go Tony!

After reading this, I'm thinking Munson's good but an academic risk at SLU? I don't think RM's taking academic risks, unless he feels SLU can somehow turn him around. And, Roy, no knock on you whatsoever. I really do believe RM wants his players to graduate and do well in the classroom.

Munson has been considered a top 100 recruit for quite some time. He will have to go JUCO or prep school though, no chance of qualifying straight from HS.

It's been a while since ESL has turned out any D-1 players of note. I do recall the kid SLU signed that couldn't play, but can't think of any others recently. East Side is not the hot bed of hoops it once was.

think that may be Anthony Mitchell you are referring to. Can't remember exactly how that story went................

Munson has been considered a top 100 recruit for quite some time. He will have to go JUCO or prep school though, no chance of qualifying straight from HS.

No question ESL has D-1 talent, no question it is a place that a guy like Tony Young can change lives. The question is weather he will be allowed to do that. For some reason they allow their football coach to do whatever he wants, while holding the basketball coach accountable for everything. At East Side winning trumps everything...and I mean everything!

Bay Area Billiken - open up that B&B for us if we play at the Farm this year! I'll definitely fly out for that game. I'll bring you a t-shirt from Larry's in Quincy!

By all means, yes, come out! This is great and unexpected news. I had no idea. I've never been to a game at Maples Pavilion.

I doubt the Billiken himself makes the trip. But wouldn't it be cool to see our Billiken square off against that Tree, whichever one of them is there that night?

By all means, yes, come out! This is great and unexpected news. I had no idea. I've never been to a game at Maples Pavilion.

I doubt the Billiken himself makes the trip. But wouldn't it be cool to see our Billiken square off against that Tree, whichever one of them is there that night?

I'll likely go out to see the Bills play at Stanford. My old roommate from SLU lives in SF now, so I'll have a place to crash!