new coaches

Hell, I took a good enough reading comprehension course in middle school. You've clearly missed out.

Roy is wrong for assuming you are a student, but you assuming someone who doesn't want to spend their money for something must not be able to afford it is ok.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm glad to see you are now making this about SLU. You aren't an alum, correct? Good.

Maybe if you would've went to SLU you'd be able to afford that subscription.

Damnit. It appears I forgot to add "personal insults & dumbass arguments" to my list of how this thread will go. I can't believe I made that mistake.

Hell, I took a good enough reading comprehension course in middle school. You've clearly missed out.

Roy is wrong for assuming you are a student, but you assuming someone who doesn't want to spend their money for something must not be able to afford it is ok.

I was clearly joking when I stated you couldn't afford it. That's basically my whole point. If you value the information at all, you can afford the price.

Your entire argument was based on if you value the info but don't subscribe, you must not be able to afford it.

Do you pay for any info? Subscribe to anything? If so you must value it to some extent. Is it possible there is a price in which you don't want to purchase it anymore, however, other people still may?

Your entire argument was based on if you value the info but don't subscribe, you must not be able to afford it.

Do you pay for any info? Subscribe to anything? If so you must value it to some extent. Is it possible there is a price in which you don't want to purchase it anymore, however, other people still may?

My first point was simply that $7.50 isn't a lot. It turned into value from there.

No, I don't. I use to have an insiders account on ESPN but that was only because it came free with the magazine subscription. I love ESPN, but the stuff on their Insiders page tends to leak fairly quickly. If it didn't leak at all I'd probably subscribe. The info on Bens site isn't important enough to me to get me to subscribe. And like I said, the big stuff always will get reported by someone else for free. But it sounds like he has a lot of smaller information on there. If I was interested in it at all, I'd subscribe.

My first point was simply that $7.50 isn't a lot. It turned into value from there.

No, I don't. I use to have an insiders account on ESPN but that was only because it came free with the magazine subscription. I love ESPN, but the stuff on their Insiders page tends to leak fairly quickly. If it didn't leak at all I'd probably subscribe. The info on Bens site isn't important enough to me to get me to subscribe. And like I said, the big stuff always will get reported by someone else for free. But it sounds like he has a lot of smaller information on there. If I was interested in it at all, I'd subscribe.

Of course it did, the price of everything comes down simply to value for the dollar. A snickers bar is what $.89? You don't need it to survive, but you may have one once in a while, would you have one less or at all if it was $5.? I'm sure you could still afford the $5.

Of course it did, the price of everything comes down simply to value for the dollar. A snickers bar is what $.89? You don't need it to survive, but you may have one once in a while, would you have one less or at all if it was $5.? I'm sure you could still afford the $5.

I mean honestly if you're gonna use that argument, why don't you just subscribe during the season? And I'm not being a smart ass when I say that. It sounds like one of the most unique things on that site is the post game press conference. So if you just subscribe during the season and then cancelled later it may be worth it to you. I'd guess there's not much stuff on there from now until the season starts.

I mean honestly if you're gonna use that argument, why don't you just subscribe during the season? And I'm not being a smart ass when I say that. It sounds like one of the most unique things on that site is the post game press conference. So if you just subscribe during the season and then cancelled later it may be worth it to you. I'd guess there's not much stuff on there from now until the season starts.

and honestly, I'm not being a smart ass, but nevermind

All the debating aside, do we know the name of our new assistant coach?

(BTW, there is no copyright to facts and information, only to one's creative works derived from it.)

Thank you!!! This the point I have been trying to make throughout this entire thread and why I choose to see the "code" being petty. BW has no legal or even implied control over the info that he puts on his site. That info can be shared without fear anytime someone who has access to it chooses to do so. If those who have access to it choose not to for whatever the reason that is their choice but once again, I as well as others can choose to believe their behavior is petty. The cost of the subscription is irrelevant since as Skip has pointed out we all make our decisions on how to spend our money based on whatever criteria we believe to important. For some I know this might seem really unbelievable but I probably only go to a fast food place maybe 2-3 times a year if that - now I am not counting the 3-4 times a year I might stop in for a cup of coffee, also I probably do not buy a beer at a bar but a handful of times a year - I simply do not drink with the same gusto that I did when I was 25. My point is simply, the things some have offered as easy ways to cut back are for some not even real possibilities. Now, I probably would never do this but what would stop someone from joining and simply leaking all the info as it comes out from BW? - nothing and so someone might find the ability to break up the skull club worth the $90 - that is an interesting thought. By the way, I would rather donate the $90 to the BB program than give it to a site that is simply doing something to control it.

Wow, my little comment created quite a stir. Here's the deal...

Some of us want to spend our entertainment dollar on the information scout provides. Others don't.

Ben offers a service that is not found elsewhere. He does it for a living. I think he should get some income for his efforts. Remember, this is America. For the time being, at least, people still get paid for working hard. If you provide something that others don't, you are in greater demand and make more money (in general). Ben is actively finding out about the Billikens while the rest of us sit at our desk jobs surfing the net.

While anybody would take issue with this is beyond me. I've read this entire thread and the vibe I'm getting is that people think the information should be free. All I really see is sour grapes.

I pay because I want the information....you don't pay but still want the information. It doesn't work that way. 15 years ago, you had to live in stl and be connected to the program to find these things out...or hope you have a good local newspaper. well, times have changed and you get a ton of stuff for free online. Other places you still have to pay. I think we should all be ok with that.

Thank you!!! This the point I have been trying to make throughout this entire thread and why I choose to see the "code" being petty. BW has no legal or even implied control over the info that he puts on his site. That info can be shared without fear anytime someone who has access to it chooses to do so. If those who have access to it choose not to for whatever the reason that is their choice but once again, I as well as others can choose to believe their behavior is petty. The cost of the subscription is irrelevant since as Skip has pointed out we all make our decisions on how to spend our money based on whatever criteria we believe to important. For some I know this might seem really unbelievable but I probably only go to a fast food place maybe 2-3 times a year if that - now I am not counting the 3-4 times a year I might stop in for a cup of coffee, also I probably do not buy a beer at a bar but a handful of times a year - I simply do not drink with the same gusto that I did when I was 25. My point is simply, the things some have offered as easy ways to cut back are for some not even real possibilities. Now, I probably would never do this but what would stop someone from joining and simply leaking all the info as it comes out from BW? - nothing and so someone might find the ability to break up the skull club worth the $90 - that is an interesting thought. By the way, I would rather donate the $90 to the BB program than give it to a site that is simply doing something to control it.

Isn't that exactly what you want people to do and if they don't you call them petty? It's really weird to me that you say "I probably would never do this" but are asking others to do it for you and call them petty if they don't.

I think all that subscribe to BW's site realize that if someone comes on here and leaks all his data, the site won't survive because NOBODY will find $90 worth of value from it and thus NOBODY will get the information because he'll stop doing the work to get it. It's as simple as that.

If that makes the non-subscribers happy that NOBODY (besides the Da-Love's of the world that are directly connected to the program) have knowledge of our recruiting activities then great. Kind of reminds me of the kid that is perfectly happy with his ice cream cone then sees the next door neihbor walking around with a double scoop ice cream cone and starts crying because life isn't fair.

Wow, my little comment created quite a stir. Here's the deal...

Some of us want to spend our entertainment dollar on the information scout provides. Others don't.

Ben offers a service that is not found elsewhere. He does it for a living. I think he should get some income for his efforts. Remember, this is America. For the time being, at least, people still get paid for working hard. If you provide something that others don't, you are in greater demand and make more money (in general). Ben is actively finding out about the Billikens while the rest of us sit at our desk jobs surfing the net.

While anybody would take issue with this is beyond me. I've read this entire thread and the vibe I'm getting is that people think the information should be free. All I really see is sour grapes.

I pay because I want the information....you don't pay but still want the information. It doesn't work that way. 15 years ago, you had to live in stl and be connected to the program to find these things out...or hope you have a good local newspaper. well, times have changed and you get a ton of stuff for free online. Other places you still have to pay. I think we should all be ok with that.

+1.

So we hired 1 new assistant? Or 2? Don't have a problem waiting to see who they are... if it was someone really noteworthy you'd think ESPN/TT/Anyone would have filed something by now. Unless BW has some primo sources, hat tip to him.

Couple months ago Scout had a deal where you could sign up for 3 month's at like 4.99/mo or maybe 4.99 for all 3 months... Maybe they'll run another deal like that as the season gets closer. Sounds like some people think the $$ is well spent, but more content available in-season?

Isn't that exactly what you want people to do and if they don't you call them petty? It's really weird to me that you say "I probably would never do this" but are asking others to do it for you and call them petty if they don't.

I think all that subscribe to BW's site realize that if someone comes on here and leaks all his data, the site won't survive because NOBODY will find $90 worth of value from it and thus NOBODY will get the information because he'll stop doing the work to get it. It's as simple as that.

If that makes the non-subscribers happy that NOBODY (besides the Da-Love's of the world that are directly connected to the program) have knowledge of our recruiting activities then great. Kind of reminds me of the kid that is perfectly happy with his ice cream cone then sees the next door neihbor walking around with a double scoop ice cream cone and starts crying because life isn't fair.

I never asked anybody to do anything - it only was a thought that shows just how vulnerable the whole "code" idea is. Also, all that talk about value for the money simply got me thinking that somebody might value leaking the info as worth $90 - odd how things can be. By the way, by saying I would probably never do this was also followed up with I would rather give the $90 to the BB program but I guess you missed that.

I have no problem with people who don't want to spend the money. We all find value in whatever we want so if someone else doesn't think the information is worth it it's fine. Yeah I don't know about paying bills, etc but to me I would rather subscribe to this website than get a beer at a game or eat McDonals or whatever. If someone else doesn't want to, that's perfectly fine, but if you don't subscribe, then I don't think people should complain about not being able to have the information. I don't care if itss legal or whatever to share the information, Ben asked us not to share it so I'm going to follow that.

I would suggest signing up for a month and seeing if you like it. If the site doesn't interest you at all, don't do it then (just like if a movie doesn't interest you, you won't see it). Maybe then you'll decide if a membership to the site has more value than a beer or whatever else.

I guess the way I feel is that I'm paying for this information and I don't want people who don't pay for it, to just have the information for free. Whether is should cost anything or not doesn't matter. It does cost money and some of us pay for it.

I am just curious, who are these great posters who were "chased" off? Are people that sensitive that they leave when there is a difference of opinion? I guess some people are, but I just don't get that. Some posters can get a little worked up and express their disagreements very strongly, but it seems like more of a case of some people having thin-skin as opposed to good posters truly being chased off the board. The only time there are organized movements to run people off the board, it typically involves getting rid of a troll.

tseugnellib and p diddy for two off the top of my head. tseugnellib was as in tune to the juco market that i knew and we all know how good p diddy was at surveying the local scene and giving us the street view.

tseugnellib and p diddy for two off the top of my head. tseugnellib was as in tune to the juco market that i knew and we all know how good p diddy was at surveying the local scene and giving us the street view.

Who specifically ran them off? Let's call out the culprits and then invite those guys back. I don't recall anybody giving them problems. The overwhelming majority of people seemed to value their contributions.

All the debating aside, do we know the name of our new assistant coach?

(BTW, there is no copyright to facts and information, only to one's creative works derived from it.)

I subscribed when Nate had the site, but did not renew because the site went down hill(IMHO).

Hopefully, Ben is making it better. I wii sign up again closer to the season.

3starrecruit too