OT: Oriakhi to Mizzou

Couldn't find the previous thread about his transfer possibilities, but CBS reporting Oriakhi is heading to Missouri - http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/18533312/former-connecticut-standout-oriakhi-transferring-to-missouri

Pretty great get for the Tigers, I'd want to receive all those nifty passes from P. Pressey as well.

Couldn't find the previous thread about his transfer possibilities, but CBS reporting Oriakhi is heading to Missouri - http://www.cbssports...ing-to-missouri

Pretty great get for the Tigers, I'd want to receive all those nifty passes from P. Pressey as well.

Huge get for the Tigers. Here's the Espn story with quotes from the man himself.

Is it just me or does anyone else find it "interesting" that MIZ has landed four transfers for next year. Seems a bit fishy to me.

while at miami, heath was paying $10k per player. i would think inflation and all the price has only went up.

while at miami, heath was paying $10k per player. i would think inflation and all the price has only went up.

I am amazed at the lack of enforcement in college recruiting. What happened to the investigation at Miami? And Calipari is the worst offender and recruits without retribution. I so hope he gets nailed at Kentucky and they have to give up their National Championship banner. I wonder what school he will be coaching after that?

Is it just me or does anyone else find it "interesting" that MIZ has landed four transfers for next year. Seems a bit fishy to me.

I don't think it's that odd. Mike Anderson forgot to recruit any players for 2011 and 2012. He left some talented players but zero recruits. Before Bowers got hurt and missed last season Mizzou was only going to have two scholarship players returning for the 2012-13 season. Wiith Bowers coming back they were up to three. For transfering players looking for playing time that has to be appealing. The fact that two of the three returning players are talented point gurads probably also helped make Mizzou appealing for transfering players.

Considering Haith had 10 scholarships to fill I'd say he did pretty good. He got 4 freshman, 4 transfers, a juco player, and has one more open scholarship to fill. The transfers should help balance out the classes a little bit. It looks like two only have one year left, one has two years, and one has three.

I wonder if Haith is taking these transfers to a yacht on the Missouri River. Is that 4 transfers now?

Yeah, 4 transfers

Earnest Brown- 6'5 guard, led Auburn in scoring and rebounding in 2012, has 2 yrs left

Keion Bell- 6'3 guard, led Pepperdine in scoring in 2010 and 2011, has 1yr left

Jabari Brown- 6'6 guard, 5 star prospect in 2011, quit Oregon's team last yr, 3yrs left, can play in December

Alex Oriahki, 6'9 center, avg 10ppg and 9rpg for UCONN on 2011 title team, lost time to Andre Drummond this season, 1yr left.

Yeah, 4 transfers

Earnest Brown- 6'5 guard, led Auburn in scoring and rebounding in 2012, has 2 yrs left

Keion Bell- 6'3 guard, led Pepperdine in scoring in 2010 and 2011, has 1yr left

Jabari Brown- 6'6 guard, 5 star prospect in 2011, quit Oregon's team last yr, 3yrs left, can play in December

Alex Oriahki, 6'9 center, avg 10ppg and 9rpg for UCONN on 2011 title team, lost time to Andre Drummond this season, 1yr left.

Which one is the best dunker?

Reminds me of the Sixers of the mid-70's ------ McInnis, Free, Erving, Cheeks, Toney, Jones, Dawkins ---- and still only one ball to go around. One of the best attributes of last year's Mizzou team was their unselfish sharing of the ball. You have two returning "stars" who have been through that before in their current unifroms with a whole bunch of supposed star power coming in. I wouldn't count chickens just yet. I would say "hope" springs eternal in Boone County but let's see what the "team" brings to the table before judgment is passed.

The thought that crosses my mind is if this guy is great and a NBA draft pick why did he not just declare for the NBA draft - why go to all the trouble of transferring? Also, if he was so good then why did he lose playing time last year. My point is maybe the guy has topped out - maybe not but just saying.

The thought that crosses my mind is if this guy is great and a NBA draft pick why did he not just declare for the NBA draft - why go to all the trouble of transferring? Also, if he was so good then why did he lose playing time last year. My point is maybe the guy has topped out - maybe not but just saying.

He just some of that playing time to Drummond, a projected lottery pick, and there was also something where Calhoun and him got into it or disagreed about. The draft projections had him listed as a late round pick and at that position it is obvious that you should stay in school since those contracts are not gauranteed and you will most likely not make a team even if drafted. It would have been a bad decision, a la Willie Reed. Great college players are not always NBA players, I guess we will see about Oriakhi when next season starts but it is obviously a good get for Mizzou, NBA talent or not

Reminds me of the Sixers of the mid-70's ------ McInnis, Free, Erving, Cheeks, Toney, Jones, Dawkins ---- and still only one ball to go around. One of the best attributes of last year's Mizzou team was their unselfish sharing of the ball. You have two returning "stars" who have been through that before in their current unifroms with a whole bunch of supposed star power coming in. I wouldn't count chickens just yet. I would say "hope" springs eternal in Boone County but let's see what the "team" brings to the table before judgment is passed.

I'm not counting any chickens, although I'd like to think there is enough talent on the team to be an NCAA team. As you've pointed out to me, the jury is still out on Haith. And who knows if any of these guys will defend. I think he's an @$$, but Majerus is a helluva coach, we all admit that, he knows how to get his guys to defend. Last year's Missouri team was fun, but they didn't defend anyone down the stretch, certainly not the mighty Norfolk State (or Southern, for some of you).

I bet Pressey alone will be able to boost his stock about 10 spots or so. Going to get a lot of easy baskets. Did I mention I love Phil Pressey? Never root for Mizzou but that kid is awesome to watch. Apparently makes a fine recruiter too.

I bet Pressey alone will be able to boost his stock about 10 spots or so. Going to get a lot of easy baskets. Did I mention I love Phil Pressey? Never root for Mizzou but that kid is awesome to watch. Apparently makes a fine recruiter too.

Yeah, he's fun to watch. I little maddening occassionaly with the ill advised three, but he's fun to watch. He actually plays defense, too.