What if he stays . . .

I think we ought to find some great way to express our gratitude to Majerus. (AND also find a great way to let May know how strongly we feel about Majerus.) I don't post too often, but I have read the forums every day for years before I even registered and this is just something that I think we should do. He turned down over a million more per year to stay here and by the sound of the articles I read, he may feel under appreciated here (paying the asst. coach's salary, paying for the Canada trip, charter flights, etc.) Let's let him know that he is not unappreciated by the fans of Saint Louis!

Obviously, loud sold out games are the best way to show a coach how much fans care. I assume all of us who follow this board (& live in Saint Louis) already go to games and lose our voices every game. I thought if I wrote a letter to one or both of them, it wouldn't mean much just coming from just one fan and probably just be viewed as clutter/junk in their mail box. I thought maybe if we all posted on this thread how we felt and send it in one letter/e-mail it might be a bit more meaningful gesture. If you can think of a better way to express this to Majerus & May post that as well!

I agree with the original sentiment. I'm going to sit down and just send the athletic department a well thought out letter about how much he means to our school. I think a lot of small things like this combined would create a large gesture.

There is only so much the school and the athletic department can do on their own. Other stuff needs to come from increased donations by big donors or by an increase in ticket prices/seat donations.

A lot of the people screaming for Biondi to do more, will be screaming just as loud if Biondi raises their ticket prices/seat donations to accomplish it.

There is only so much the school and the athletic department can do on their own. Other stuff needs to come from increased donations by big donors or by an increase in ticket prices/seat donations.

A lot of the people screaming for Biondi to do more, will be screaming just as loud if Biondi raises their ticket prices/seat donations to accomplish it.

Aren't we picking up a nice chunk of change from the NCAA appearance that could help?

We have not seen an increase since the FETZ opened. An increase in season prices of $50 to $150 per level (green red and gold) would be reasonable and should bring in about $600k per year. Add the $300k tourney receipts and bb is plus $900k. That should more than pay for the charters etc and have $$ left over for other non revenue sports

Aren't we picking up a nice chunk of change from the NCAA appearance that could help?

What is the NCAA tournament revenue sharing in the A-10? Most of them redistribute a fair amount so the financial benefit for going to the tournament is not that different from not going. The A-10 pie was bigger this year with 4 teams going but I do not know exactly how it gets shared so the answer would depend.

What is the NCAA tournament revenue sharing in the A-10? Most of them redistribute a fair amount so the financial benefit for going to the tournament is not that different from not going. The A-10 pie was bigger this year with 4 teams going but I do not know exactly how it gets shared so the answer would depend.

Per a NYT article a couple years ago (I'm too lazy to find a link to it) teams from the A-10 keep 75% of the NCAA tourney profits. the rest goes to the conference. This number is far higher than other conferences which typically distribute far more equitably. To the victors go the spoils.

Per a NYT article a couple years ago (I'm too lazy to find a link to it) teams from the A-10 keep 75% of the NCAA tourney profits. the rest goes to the conference. This number is far higher than other conferences which typically distribute far more equitably. To the victors go the spoils.

This would make Mizzou mad and they'd run away

Thanks. SLU will get 25% of an increased A-10 pot as well as 75% of their 2 game windfall. That will be a significant revenue boost.

Is the $3.2 million the 75% (what SLU gets) or the 100% (what SLU earned with 25% going elsewhere)? These numbers seem right but I have not seen recent year NCAA share figures (being a SLU fan and all!).

Saint Louis: Make no mistake: The Billikens will miss Brian Conklin, a 6-foot-6 forward who played more like he was 6-10, with the interior scoring numbers to match. Otherwise, Rick Majerus’ team -- which gave Michigan State a go in the NCAA tournament’s third round -- is back. Kwamain Mitchell, Dwayne Evans, Cody Ellis, Mike McCall and Jordair Jett; these are the players who brought Majerus and SLU back to some measure of national prominence in 2011-12. There’s no reason to expect anything less in the season to come.

from ESPN article on the "Top 25 Snubs"

CBS Sports gave us a 22 early pre-season ranking for next year.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/18504130/still-early-top-25-and-one-uk-solidifies-no-1-duke-ohio-state-move-up

That's a first as far I can remember and I realize its not worth much other then maybe attracting a top recruit for ET and building hype for next season.

Very good, go Bills!