Great Win...

jbizzle09

Also wanted to say it was really, REALLY cool that a longtime Billiken.com poster could make it to this truly superb and historic victory. Moytoy12...I think it is truly awesome that you made time from your normal life to fly down to St. Louis to catch a really special Billiken game. I also want to say that it was really cool to finally meet you in person and that I hope to see you at a NCAA tourney game in the very near future! ;) Have a good trip back home and don't be a stranger!

Also wanted to say it was really, REALLY cool that a longtime Billiken.com poster could make it to this truly superb and historic victory. Moytoy12...I think it is truly awesome that you made time from your normal life to fly down to St. Louis to catch a really special Billiken game. I also want to say that it was really cool to finally meet you in person and that I hope to see you at a NCAA tourney game in the very near future! ;) Have a good trip back home and don't be a stranger!

+1. Now that was some fun, moytoy !

I'm envious, Moy, you got the biggest of W's in what must have been one glorious atmosphere... I still got the jinx to overcome. What a great win for the Bills, and for Conk and Cassity especially. Both great kids and what we all expect from SLU student athletes. I've got a confession to make, however, I lost faith last night. Having no feed, no access to CBS Sports, all I had was the GDT. When we were down by like 12, I lost it, turned off the old laptop, and went to bed. Figured I'd wake up and read all about why it's so hard to be a Billiken fan in the morning. I now have much penance to do. Way to go, Bills, my faith has been restored. God did smile on the Billikens last night.

larry72 ----- us oldtimers have some very bad habits to break. I would admit to doing the same as you did but last night I did not. I had thegame on CBS CS and thought the first half rather odd. Xavier was getting production from Walker, Wells and Frease and having seen Xavier at least a dozen times this year, I knew that would not hold. Plus, for as bad as we played in that first half, we were not that far down.

We make fun of my buddy, the Dayton season ticket holder many times over but especially when he uses his old cliches. But the one he uses a lot is "it's a game of runs." And I have come to understand and accept that and understand you have to weather a run when you're in the lead because the team that is down will make that run sooner or later. We did ours and I saw the air go out of the Xavier balloon. No more prayers from Wells. No more garbage from Walker. And Frease was on the bench with the expected foul trouble. For the second X game in a row, our guards --- McCall, Mitchell and Jett --- shut down their guards when it counted. Sure, Lyons go this points but he's a punk playing schoolyard ball.

Two things stuck out -- when Ellis blocked Lyons after a foul call late on McCall and Tutu's out-of-control drive into Conklin where he threw his arms wildly into Conklin and got hit with the offensive foul. Ellis didn't back down from the A10's favorite punk and someone finally didn't give Tutu the call for his acadmey award performances. I thought Mack was also classless and demonstarted how out of control he is with that team as well on the technical call. At that point, you could see the thugs coming out and I didn';t want someone in white paying the price for their immaturity.

But I never gave that one up last night and was rewarded for such faith. I'd like to see us romp in Pittsburgh and head out onto the Boards on a roll.

@brian ---- GREAT POINT!! And here I thought I'd be missing the patsy in Ohio. Nope, while one did head to the deep south, the other is just 45 miles south.

I just want to say it again ---- Mack has lost complete control (if he ever had it in the first place). I don't care what he has coming in, outside of Wells, there isn't a playter on that team I'd want starting for me next year. If, as someone has hinted in another thread, Lyons up and bolts because of all the crap this year, he loses 4/5 of his starting lineup and there isn't a kid on that bench "moving uptown." How about a back court of Davis and Redford? A front line of Robinson, Taylor and Wells? Xavier fans better hope the press clippings of the incoming are true. Lyons stays, he becomes a cancer because that leopard can't change his spots.

I thought Mack was also classless and demonstarted how out of control he is with that team as well on the technical call. .

No doubt.

The difference in the game came down to the coaching, and how the class and discipline of the coach, or lack there of, is embodied by the team. In the first half, X did play good defense, but were very fortunate to hit a bunch of lucky shots, and then were strutting around like the thugs they are. The Bills, though, never did lose their composure. They came out in the second half, focused and disciplined. The Bills immediately smacked X in the face, and you could see the thugs wilt. X's entire season was epitomized when Coach Mack was hit with that T (Again!!) and that was game, set, and match. Both teams embodied the characters of their coaches. X reverted to street ball offense, heaving up bad shots way too quickly; trying, but unable to bring back the swagger, and suceeding only in looking as pathetic as their coach. The Bills played world class defense, and executed on offense just as if that was what was expected- no swagger; all class.

Lyons and Tu Holloway couldn't even play for the Billikens. While they may be more talented than anybody on the Billikens team, those aren't the kind of players tha Majerus recruits. They seem to lack character.

The only player on X's team that, I felt, did earn some respect was Kenny Freese. While he did get in early foul trouble, the guy played a good game. Especially considering the near catatonic performance he had in our previous meeting. He was under utilized last night, and actually looked out of place demeanor-wise compared to the rest of the trash talking punks on X's team. Just think what Coach majerus could have molded out of that lump of clay.

I always love when a coach kills the team momentum by picking up a T. Xavier had just cut the lead to I believe 7 on some ugly shot by Shrek. Foul on X - Mack T - 4 Free Throws - Ball Game.

Those were my exact thoughts when he got T'd up. I remember exclaiming, 'What an idiot!'

Those were my exact thoughts when he got T'd up. I remember exclaiming, 'What an idiot!'

My exact thoughts as well. Although I originally thought it was on Lyons or one of the other gangstArs for X.

The potential of Conk knocking Lyons (or was it Wells) on that scuffle under the X basket was outstanding too...

I always love when a coach kills the team momentum by picking up a T. Xavier had just cut the lead to I believe 7 on some ugly shot by Shrek. Foul on X - Mack T - 4 Free Throws - Ball Game.

I predicted that X would take a T about a minute before they did. They were playing really chippy ball, especially lyons. I'm really pleased that basketball defeated street ball last night

Kenny Frease sucks. He was a huge recruit coming out of high school with offers from schools like Michigan St, Ohio St, Indiana, and others. He should have dominated this conference, instead he ended up as a role player on an NIT team. He is the anti-Conklin.

Just a couple of thoughts on the game.

I said last time we played X Tu was over rated and I'm now even more sure I was right. If this guy can play in the NBA, the state of pro basketball is really sad. Take away the phantom foul calls that probably give him a third of his points and he's got very little game.

Normally in a game like this when a team like X starts to make a little run, I'm nervous. However, in this game I was never nervous. I just felt we were the better team and would win going away. Many times a win like this feels like an upset, not last night.

Conk is just a beast. WTF can you say about the guy. Harriman said that when the coaches came in the locker room at half time they didn't need to say much. Conk was already saying what needed to be said. There was NO way he was going out on his home court with a loss.

not to be too much like the Missouri state bears fan on GDT, nor make the nickname puma fit at all... but I love Conk... hes become one of my favorite players we've had in my 20 years going... What a beast!

Just a couple of thoughts on the game.

I said last time we played X Tu was over rated and I'm now even more sure I was right. If this guy can play in the NBA, the state of pro basketball is really sad. Take away the phantom foul calls that probably give him a third of his points and he's got very little game.

Normally in a game like this when a team like X starts to make a little run, I'm nervous. However, in this game I was never nervous. I just felt we were the better team and would win going away. Many times a win like this feels like an upset, not last night.

Conk is just a beast. WTF can you say about the guy. Harriman said that when the coaches came in the locker room at half time they didn't need to say much. Conk was already saying what needed to be said. There was NO way he was going out on his home court with a loss.

Skip, I'll give it to you. You have been saying TU has been overrated for a while. In fact, back to when he went by Terrell.

In regards to people's comments about Frease sucking - take it or leave it - Frease would be a stud under RM? I say he would be.

Skip, I'll give it to you. You have been saying TU has been overrated for a while. In fact, back to when he went by Terrell.

In regards to people's comments about Frease sucking - take it or leave it - Frease would be a stud under RM? I say he would be.

I get what you are saying but he wouldnt last 1 practice with Rick, he wouldnt be able to handle it

Thanks, bizzle. It was great to meet you, waldo, west pine, kitty and the rican brothers. I would highly advise anyone going to a game to just walk down and take the high roller seats. My buddy and I ended up center court, four rows up. I'll post more later when this wicked hangover subsides. But it was a great time, had some beers, ogled the hot bartender, watched backhand choke down an apple pucker shot, saw the bills kick some ass and gave rammer a bear hug.

Thanks, bizzle. It was great to meet you, waldo, west pine, kitty and the rican brothers. I would highly advise anyone going to a game to just walk down and take the high roller seats. My buddy and I ended up center court, four rows up. I'll post more later when this wicked hangover subsides. But it was a great time, had some beers, ogled the hot bartender, watched backhand choke down an apple pucker shot, saw the bills kick some ass and gave rammer a bear hug.

Sorry I wasn't able to make it down there. You know how it goes having two dreamkillers at home though.

Tutu is an interesting case. He's completely lost his game, and it seems like he doesn't even want to win anymore. The brawl completely destroyed him. Pre-Brawl, he was one of the best point guards in the nation. Absolutely dominant at times. He was non-existent last night.