Great Win...

jbizzle09

Thanks, bizzle. It was great to meet you, waldo, west pine, kitty and the rican brothers. I would highly advise anyone going to a game to just walk down and take the high roller seats. My buddy and I ended up center court, four rows up. I'll post more later when this wicked hangover subsides. But it was a great time, had some beers, ogled the hot bartender, watched backhand choke down an apple pucker shot, saw the bills kick some ass and gave rammer a bear hug.

You were the guys who took those seats! We were going to come down at halftime and take them but someone was already sitting there. ######.

Tutu is an interesting case. He's completely lost his game, and it seems like he doesn't even want to win anymore. The brawl completely destroyed him. Pre-Brawl, he was one of the best point guards in the nation. Absolutely dominant at times. He was non-existent last night.

To quote myself ... "blow the whistle" and yes he's dominate. Call a fair game, not so much.

-05, you have a lot of posts with no messages, is there a meaning i don't understand or just technical difficulites? just wondering

I had a post that fit better in another thread. Tried to delete it with nm but I was quoting it and made a second post. I tend to make that mistake often.

It is sweet to beat those Xavier jaggoffs for the second time, and in so doing, clinch # 2 in A-10 and almost certainly cinch an NCAA bid.

I think Mack is a goner... though not officially... and some of the X players have detected it.

I also think that, as some posters suggest, Tu and a few others could not play for SLU, 1) get through SLU classes and 2) RM would not tolerate 'em.

Either way.

I totally agree with the prior comments about Chris Mack. What a bad game coach. Time will tell but the string of top notch head coaches at X has come to an end. Pete Gillen, Skip Prosser, Thad Motta. These guys could coach. Same with Miller though I always thought Miller was better at recruiting and motivating (admittedly part of coaching) than game strategy. Chris Mack, though, is really, really bad and nowhere in their class of coaching. In fact, I would not be surprised if Mack drives X into the ground like Chris Lowrey did at SIUC - it doesn't take long in college ball.

Mack obviously has no control of his team. His guys showed their real colors: thugs and gangstas. I saw no team concept - just individual play from them. With the right spark from SLU (which did not happen), X would have been in another brawl. No way did I see ANY sign that X has learned its lesson from the brawl. After last night, I saw in person what bad character guys both the Chris Mack and his players are. No longer putting blame upon X's Athletic Director who obviously made mistakes following the X - Cincy brawl.

In fact, the thing I noticed about Chris Mack is that he has, IMO, taken over as the Queen City's thug coach - replacing Bob Huggins/Cincy. In fairness, though, Huggin's players executed their game plan and Bob could actually coach. Yes, we hated Huggins but he was still a good coach. Chris Mack's kid's, in contrast, played street ball. I was simply amazed at how many bad shots were taken by them in the last 10 minutes of the game. A good coach would have yanked these kids off the floor. Chris Mack let them continue.

Frankly, I hope X give Chris Mack a contract extension and, if it were up to me, I'd give Freese another 4 years of eligibility. Freese score some nice points, but for most of the game, he was lost and a non-factor. Further, he got schooled by Conk who is a good 6" shorter and 50 lbs lighter.

It is sweet to beat those Xavier jaggoffs for the second time, and in so doing, clinch # 2 in A-10 and almost certainly cinch an NCAA bid.

I think Mack is a goner... though not officially... and some of the X players have detected it.

I also think that, as some posters suggest, Tu and a few others could not play for SLU, 1) get through SLU classes and 2) RM would not tolerate 'em.

Either way.

Good post.

That could be true, but it could also be true that players like Tu and Lyons would be just fine under a coach like RM because he wouldn't put up with their ######. I understand there's some players you can't control, just a thought...

I totally agree with the prior comments about Chris Mack. What a bad game coach. Time will tell but the string of top notch head coaches at X has come to an end. Pete Gillen, Skip Prosser, Thad Motta. These guys could coach. Same with Miller though I always thought Miller was better at recruiting and motivating (admittedly part of coaching) than game strategy. Chris Mack, though, is really, really bad and nowhere in their class of coaching. In fact, I would not be surprised if Mack drives X into the ground like Chris Lowrey did at SIUC - it doesn't take long in college ball.

Mack obviously has no control of his team. His guys showed their real colors: thugs and gangstas. I saw no team concept - just individual play from them. With the right spark from SLU (which did not happen), X would have been in another brawl. No way did I see ANY sign that X has learned its lesson from the brawl. After last night, I saw in person what bad character guys both the Chris Mack and his players are. No longer putting blame upon X's Athletic Director who obviously made mistakes following the X - Cincy brawl.

In fact, the thing I noticed about Chris Mack is that he has, IMO, taken over as the Queen City's thug coach - replacing Bob Huggins/Cincy. In fairness, though, Huggin's players executed their game plan and Bob could actually coach. Yes, we hated Huggins but he was still a good coach. Chris Mack's kid's, in contrast, played street ball. I was simply amazed at how many bad shots were taken by them in the last 10 minutes of the game. A good coach would have yanked these kids off the floor. Chris Mack let them continue.

Frankly, I hope X give Chris Mack a contract extension and, if it were up to me, I'd give Freese another 4 years of eligibility. Freese score some nice points, but for most of the game, he was lost and a non-factor. Further, he got schooled by Conk who is a good 6" shorter and 50 lbs lighter.

We need X to be strong especially if Temple leaves so hope for the conf sake that X figures it out. I agree they do not have to be all world like before but they have to be top 50. RM did just as you suggested with JJ when he came down the floor late in the game and drove to the basket among 3 X players with absolutely no chance of getting a decent shot off. The play was boneheaded - no time run off the clock, bad shot, and it happened right after we just had a good defensive stop. That was when we wanted to make X pay - RM took him out immediately when he lost the ball out of bounds and you could just see the hangdawg look on JJ's face - he knew he screwed up and clearly was saying to himself "I know what I was doing but what was I thinking".

My dad, an Illini fan at heart, but wearing the shirt enthusiastically at this game, was certain that Jordair was fouled on that play. I was shooting video at the time and looking at the video, I'm not so sure, but you can see the expression referred to earlier clearly here.

http://youtu.be/emf_TUXDD9s