Wiz Top 25--1/26/12

The Wiz

what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.

I can't believe you guys didn't like Taken

If I'd never heard of Bruce Willis, Arnold, Stallone, Denzell, and every other action hero and kidnapping story ever made, I'd have loved it. Denzell especially was so much better in Man on Fire that tired-ass looking Liam should've let that script go.......

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought taken was a decent couple hour diversion. but i was glad i saw it on hbo and not wehrenberg.

I'd give it 2 1/2 stars. Perfectly acceptable entertainment. However, a movie like that, with its subject matter, was definitely limited with the PG-13 rating. Give that movie an R rating and it probably would have played a lot better. At least we would have had nudity and more gratuitous violence! ;)

And this is now the 13th post on the movie 'Taken' in this thread!

We are not 15th in the country. We have won a fair share of games, but I'm sorry A-10 is not as strong as othe BCS conferences. If we were in a power conference this same team would not be 15th.... therefore we are right where we should be until we start stringing together a bunch of wins. Your "program" is bogus.

We are not 15th in the country. We have won a fair share of games, but I'm sorry A-10 is not as strong as othe BCS conferences. If we were in a power conference this same team would not be 15th.... therefore we are right where we should be until we start stringing together a bunch of wins. Your "program" is bogus.

Your "post" is bogus. Needs more Liam Neeson.

I saw Taken with my now father-in-law right after his youngest daughter went to study in Europe for the semester (SLU Madrid). His reaction to the movie was 10x better than the movie itself (which was just mediocre). But if you did like it, there is a sequel in the works.

For Liam Neeson movies, I'll take Batman Begins or Gangs of New York. Chloe was solid, especially if you like a naked and game Amanda Seyfried, and you're a corpse if you don't.

Your "post" is bogus. Needs more Liam Neeson.

I saw Taken with my now father-in-law right after his youngest daughter went to study in Europe for the semester (SLU Madrid). His reaction to the movie was 10x better than the movie itself (which was just mediocre). But if you did like it, there is a sequel in the works.

For Liam Neeson movies, I'll take Batman Begins or Gangs of New York. Chloe was solid, especially if you like a naked and game Amanda Seyfried, and you're a corpse if you don't.

Liam Neeson movies lists have to start with Rob Roy and Schindlers List.

I didn't like Gangs of NY and I can do without all the Batman movies.

I love my 4 year old, but with her and a tornado of a two year old, I need rum (or vodka) pretty much full time.

Maybe if you wear a fedora like Perry the platypus that will calm down your two year old. Shows authority, like Bogart or Broderick Crawford or Spencer Tracy, or Clark Kent, even. :P

You guys don't know sh*t about movies, either.

Training Day... "to protect the sheep you have to catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf".

The best business movie ever: The Godfather.

# 2 best business movie ever is Tin Men, though it is more sales oriented.

Rocky. The Deer Hunter. The Hustler. The Pope of Grenwich Village. Hoosiers. Requiem for a Heavyweight. The Last of the Mohicans. Diner. Casablanca. Gooodfellas. Cool Hand Luke.

Taken???

You guys don't know sh*t about movies, either.

Training Day... "to protect the sheep you have to catch the wolf, and it takes a wolf to catch a wolf".

The best business movie ever: The Godfather.

# 2 best business movie ever is Tin Men, though it is more sales oriented.

Rocky. The Deer Hunter. The Hustler. The Pope of Grenwich Village. Hoosiers. Requiem for a Heavyweight. The Last of the Mohicans. Diner. Casablanca. Gooodfellas. Cool Hand Luke.

Taken???

Those movies are good

Congrats you're right, blind squirrel finds nut

You don't get it, separate good from entertaining

Taken = 'Entertaining' Godfather = 'Good'

Duke and the Points.

Anyone seen Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy? Was it any good?

I did... and I liked it... but my friends all really disliked it... And I would have suggested to myself to wait for it to bring home....

Kinda depends on how well you pay attention.

How do you spell "reverse line movement"? I want to make sure I google it correctly.

I'll give you this, you are eons ahead of me in making incomprehensible posts. Congrats.

Significant reverse line movement is rare, but it happens to a mild extent every day when there are a lot of games.

Here are two examples where the line moved significantly in the opposite direction of what you would think because the bets were on one side yet Vegas moved it otherwise:

Look at my LSU-Alabama post from a week+ ago, it explains it to some extent. LSU was -1 and 70% of the betting was on LSU but the books changed the line to Alabama - 2.5 about 3-4 hours before the game, a huge swing, very rare. They knew about the mess in the LSU locker room, and wanted more money bet on LSU. They mopped up.

Xavier was -3 against SLU and 75% of wagers were on Xavier but they changed the line to Xavier -1 at the last hour. They knew Lyons and Frease were not starting and something was wrong, to boot, and wanted more people to bet on Xavier.

So in those instances they move it to suck you in as opposed to trying to balance it 50-50, which is a myth.