Wiz Top 25--1/26/12

The Wiz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i've read the book. in fact read it for a slu lit class in 81. i love the book. most books are better than the movies. but i thought bogart was great in the caine and especially on the stand.

You're probably right. I just couldn't get over Rick and Sam Spade and even Linas Larraby as the cowardly ignoble captain of the Caine.

By the way the orginal Sabrina with Bogey and William Holden was so much better than the Harrison Ford and Greg Kinneer remake than I can tell you!

You're probably right. I just couldn't get over Rick and Sam Spade and even Linas Larraby as the cowardly ignoble captain of the Caine. By the way the orginal Sabrina with Bogey and William Holden was so much better than the Harrison Ford and Greg Kinneer remake than I can tell you!

i am a big william holden fan. love him in "Bridge over the River Kwai", "stalag 17" and "the wild bunch"

i think the better john wayne question is what is his worst movie. i cant think of one i didnt like. rarely if i am scanning channels and i come across a duke move do i not stop and watch. watched the "the sons of katie elder" just the other night again for about the millionth time.

if i had to pick my favorite wayne movie though, i would take the shootist. even though he has a soft moment or two in there as well. his/the ending is gold.

'The Conquerer' where he plays Genghis Khan. Absolutely terrible. Worse is that it was filmed near a nuclear testing range, and there ended up being a very high cancer rate among the cast and crew later in life. So, not only is it a terrible movie, it may have been the cause of The Duke's cancer.

Not a huge Wayne fan, but I do like many of his movies. I think his best was 'The Searchers'. Probably one of the best Westerns ever made.

I'm still going to try and make a game in St. Louis this year. I'll let MB know and would welcome meeting him in person.

Hitch a ride with Jim....there may be a Jim sighting on Wednesday.

Top Ten Definitely--I love Lars master of the pan flute. If you don't hate the British I'd recommend Love Actually

I'll get it and watch it. I don't hate the British

Next best is Arthur. Usually one must go to a Bowling Alley to meet a woman of your stature and I race cars, play Tennis and fondle women, But, I have weekends off and I am my own boss. Sometimes I just think funny things. Imo Arthur is the funniest movie ever. I love Hobson and Burt's butler had me rolling.

Have you ever watched the British version of Coupling?

Bad Santa

Yep.

Bad Santa is great because we all wish we could just say f*ck it and smash the radio alarm clock in the morning and work one month a year and drink all day and cuss everybody out and still get a hot broad like Billy Bob did.

i think the better john wayne question is what is his worst movie. i cant think of one i didnt like. rarely if i am scanning channels and i come across a duke move do i not stop and watch. watched the "the sons of katie elder" just the other night again for about the millionth time.

if i had to pick my favorite wayne movie though, i would take the shootist. even though he has a soft moment or two in there as well. his/the ending is gold.

I bought my dad a pack of his movies that were lesser known... they were some of his first movies... and they were pretty bad. ... Not Mr wayne, but the whole movie.

I'll get it and watch it. I don't hate the British

Next best is Arthur. Usually one must go to a Bowling Alley to meet a woman of your stature and I race cars, play Tennis and fondle women, But, I have weekends off and I am my own boss. Sometimes I just think funny things. Imo Arthur is the funniest movie ever. I love Hobson and Burt's butler had me rolling.

Have you ever watched the British version of Coupling?

Never heard of it but I'll see if netflix has.......