Wiz Top 25--1/26/12

The Wiz

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you say we should be ranked 13th? 15th?

Damn right. I'll even suggest some teams that should be below the Billikens

14. Florida

17. Marquette

18. Mississippi State

19. Virginia

20. Michigan

24. Connecticut

25. Wisconsin

And by the way, the Coaches still even thinking of Harvard being ranked is repulsive. They.lost.to.Fordham.

The THING is that it's about a lot more than "winning"

Math? No. Even some of your so-called "calculations" don't include obvious factors such as:

Travel

Budget

Uniforms

TOUGHNESS

So we're better than Georgetown? Patrick Ewing.

Everybody with INSIDE knowledge knows it takes more than "success" in a CYC (basically) conference like the so-called "atlantic ten".

CHampionships take Talent.

Do we have it? who knows.

Will we have it? Maybe

Small-time teams need big-time wins. Bills don't have it.

The THING is that it's about a lot more than "winning"

Math? No. Even some of your so-called "calculations" don't include obvious factors such as:

Travel

Budget

Uniforms

TOUGHNESS

So we're better than Georgetown? Patrick Ewing.

Everybody with INSIDE knowledge knows it takes more than "success" in a CYC (basically) conference like the so-called "atlantic ten".

CHampionships take Talent.

Do we have it? who knows.

Will we have it? Maybe

Small-time teams need big-time wins. Bills don't have it.

Not bad, but you didn't mention Duke

Damn right. I'll even suggest some teams that should be below the Billikens

14. Florida

17. Marquette

18. Mississippi State

19. Virginia

20. Michigan

24. Connecticut

25. Wisconsin

And by the way, the Coaches still even thinking of Harvard being ranked is repulsive. They.lost.to.Fordham.

I agree Harvard is overrated, for political reasons, to make NCAA look more academically oriented, yeah, right, "student athletes"... a joke.

Not bad, but you didn't mention Duke

You dont really understand the substance of what I really write and what I sometimes write in jest to egg on some clowns on this board.

FYI:

-I hope SLU gets into NCAA's and beats Missouri in the first round by 30 points and the MU players all cry like little girls on national TV.

-Then I hope we beat Duke in the second round.

I just take issue with jealous potshots shots at Duke, and that Duke is a great program that is as good as it gets... not perfect... but as good as it gets. Who would you rather have the last 25 yrs?

And IMO this is a very so-so Duke team, top 20-25 or so, they might make The Sweet 16 if they do not run into a buzzsaw in their 2nd game.

Feel better?

You dont really understand the substance of what I really write and what I sometimes write in jest to egg on some clowns on this board.

FYI:

-I hope SLU gets into NCAA's and beats Missouri in the first round by 30 points and the MU players all cry like little girls on national TV.

I just take issue with jealous potshots shots at Duke, and that Duke is a great program that is as good as it gets... not perfect... but as good as it gets. Who would you rather have the last 25 yrs?

And IMO this is a very so-so Duke team, top 20-25 or so, they might make The Sweet 16 if they do not run into a buzzsaw in their 2nd game.

Feel better?

Holy crapballs, I am going to need a few vodkas to respond to this. Give me a moment to slam them down and I will get right on this. After all, I am a weirdo obsessive crazy 24/7 stalker type. Time to get on the alchohol drip now!

FYI:

Feel better?

Gimme Vanderbilt over Duke any day.

Too many a$$clowns on this board. I write above their level.

Saul Alinsky types. Probably like to watch Keith Olbermann.

Douchebags all.

Here is REALITY. SLU is not that good.

They now might make NCAAs. Probably NIT. But need 'athletic' type of big.

1st round knockout.

John Cook screwed program. Why I am no longer season ticket holder.

Willie Reed was 'key'. Can't believe you all don't see it.

We LOST our chance last year. Who knows what could have been. Taken away from us. FU student board.

Lawyers for girl. Totally unfair. Should have just given WR 2 game ban. Real program would have done it.

SLU not ready for big time.

So now Wiz uses program that tricks us into thinking Billikens can play ball.

'Yeah' right. My grandma has a 'program' too. HA!

Nice win against X...but they weren't 'prepared'. Heard that Tu was given money to dump. Insider knowledge.

Kiddies don't know about that.

UMass should be big favorites. Totally PUMPED for game. People in know 'know'.

I heard Camby will make appearance. Put $$$ on UMass.

Stop being sheep. Majerus will leave before end of season. School knows it...just ain't saying.

Be ready for dark ages. 2500 people in Chaifetz levels.

I love Bills. Go SLU.

Douchebags all.

1st round knockout.

We LOST our chance last year. Who knows what could have been. Taken away from us. FU student board.

Lawyers for girl. Totally unfair. Should have just given WR 2 game ban. Real program would have done it.

Nice win against X...but they weren't 'prepared'. Heard that Tu was given money to dump. Insider knowledge.

Stop being sheep. Majerus will leave before end of season. School knows it...just ain't saying.

I love Bills. Go SLU.

Very Impressive

Douchebags all.

1st round knockout.

I love Bills. Go SLU.

elite level post.

Douchebags all.

1st round knockout.

I love Bills. Go SLU.

-very nice, vodka made you forget that you know for a fact pujols is 41 years old and sold his house and umass game won't count as too late in the day and no one will watch it

Douchebags all.

1st round knockout.

I love Bills. Go SLU.

True story, many yrs ago, we're all playing slow pitch softball. All the fields were back to back, close.

Our game is over, we are all walking by, a dozen of us, and there is Guy Phillips on the other side of the backstop screen, it was before his game and he was warming up. He walked towards us.

One of the wives with us mutters in terror "oh, God, he thinks he's witty" and rolls her eyes.

Guy walks up, knew one of my friends somehow, and proceeds to put on a loud show out of nowhere, rattles off ten things, he's laughing out loud at his own bullsh*t like it is gold, begging for attention, it was all trite stuff but he thinks he is a big radio star, wow, what a treat for us.

We smile and walk on. It was embarrassing.

There is nothing worse than someone who thinks they are witty, and are not at all. You are the Guy Phillips of Billikens.com.

True story, many yrs ago, we're all playing slow pitch softball. All the fields were back to back, close.

Our game is over, we are all walking by, a dozen of us, and there is Guy Phillips on the other side of the backstop screen, it was before his game and he was warming up. He walked towards us.

One of the wives with us mutters in terror "oh, God, he thinks he's witty" and rolls her eyes.

Guy walks up, knew one of my friends somehow, and proceeds to put on a loud show out of nowhere, rattles off ten things, he's laughing out loud at his own bullsh*t like it is gold, begging for attention, it was all trite stuff but he thinks he is a big radio star, wow, what a treat for us.

We smile and walk on. It was embarrassing.

There is nothing worse than someone who thinks they are witty, and are not at all. You are the Guy Phillips of Billikens.com.

I hate those guys.

Oh crap, you ARE talking about me! SH!T! You hit me hard, MB73! Crap, I do not know how to come back from that. I mean, I have NEVER played softball with a bunch of old guys who thought they were king sh!t ever. Seriously, are you the guy who runs my Sunday softball league? Because, I might have to go find another team to play for if that is the case. He does give me a lot of sh!t for being a smarta$$, especially after getting a couple of brews in me.

MB, I am going to do you a favor. I am going to give you a list of all of the insults you can use towards me. Like MadLibs, you can just insert them whenever the time is right to utilize them. Here we go:

-foo-foo 'liberal'

-got cut from JV team in high school

-fell out your momma's a$$

-weirdo obsessive crazy 24/7 stalker

-'kid'

-internet tough guy

-douchebag

-d-bag

-sheep

-naive idiot

There are probably more, but this is a good starter set. If you use these, you will have me targeted and I can do nothing about it. Anything I say will just be a trite attempt by a prey who has been duly hunted.

Yes, there is an argument that margin of victory should not be a factor with the theory being that it would encourage teams to run up the score. I think margin of victory should merit some measure of consideration, and it has no bearing on the RPI.

Nonetheless, since SLU is better in Pomeroy, Sagarin, and The Wiz, as opposed to RPI this year, then clearly Pomeroy, Sagarin, and The Wiz are better ratings! :lol: At least this year, that is.

Whatever it takes, whatever it takes.

Hmm...what happened to the thread I started. That'll teach me to be away from the board. Well, to get back on topic or at least answer B A Billiken....The margin of victory plays some importance in my system, particularly in the first 9 points. At 9 points the probability goes up to around 90% ...at 11 points about 95% ...at a 20 point margin 98 1/2 %....at 30 points about 99%. So once you get to double figures it doesn't do you much good to run the score up. The weighting at that point will add little to the overall ranking. What really makes a difference is when you do something you are not supposed to do. Two teams both win by 2 points. Team 1 was supposed to win by 2 ...they get a small boost . Team 2 was supposed to lose by 2 ...they get a big boost....even though it is only a 4 point swing. The biggest jump would come from a team picked to lose by 10 and they win by 10. A team picked to win by 10 , wins by 20 ...little effect. This is a simplified version of only one part of the computer system but is my attempt in a general way to explain how margin of victory works in the system I use.

Strange guy.

I fear your apartment has all my posts taped and stapled and glued to your all your walls like one of those creepy serial killer movies.

I am too drunk to tape your posts to my apartment wall. Besides, we are in the internet age, I have that sh!t saved to hard drive! I am in total 24/7 crazy MB73 Billikens.com geek crazy obsessive stalker mode now. Be frightened, MB73, be very scared. I don't care that others know who I am on this board and have no idea who you are...I am just out of MY friggin' MIND now! Truce, there is no truce!

Hmm...what happened to the thread I started. That'll teach me to be away from the board. Well, to get back on topic or at least answer B A Billiken....The margin of victory plays some importance in my system, particularly in the first 9 points. At 9 points the probability goes up to around 90% ...at 11 points about 95% ...at a 20 point margin 98 1/2 %....at 30 points about 99%. So once you get to double figures it doesn't do you much good to run the score up. The weighting at that point will add little to the overall ranking. What really makes a difference is when you do something you are not supposed to do. Two teams both win by 2 points. Team 1 was supposed to win by 2 ...they get a small boost . Team 2 was supposed to lose by 2 ...they get a big boost....even though it is only a 4 point swing. The biggest jump would come from a team picked to lose by 10 and they win by 10. A team picked to win by 10 , wins by 20 ...little effect. This is a simplified version of only one part of the computer system but is my attempt in a general way to explain how margin of victory works in the system I use.

Would that help explain how LMU jumped up to a C+ team with their win at BYU? Basically, BYU were huge favorites and LMU won against them? Also, noticed that LMU lost to St. Mary's by 7...how much was St. Mary's favored by? I have the feeling that LMU might find their way to an NIT or CBI bid as they are playing good teams really tough, and winning some of them!

Would that help explain how LMU jumped up to a C+ team with their win at BYU? Basically, BYU were huge favorites and LMU won against them? Also, noticed that LMU lost to St. Mary's by 7...how much was St. Mary's favored by? I have the feeling that LMU might find their way to an NIT or CBI bid as they are playing good teams really tough, and winning some of them!

You are correct.... a big boost for LMU (and a help to the Bills) with the win over BYU....I had BYU (an A team at home) by 13 over LMU and LMU won by 14....that boosted LMU to a B-. In tonight's game I had St. Mary's by 7 ...so right on target as St. Mary's wins by 7 ...which means this game will have little effect on either team. It is interesting to note that the St. Mary's game should have been easier for LMU than the BYU game. BYU and St. Mary's are about equal yet LMU beat BYU at BYU and lost to St. Mary's at LMU. A win against St. Mary's and LMU would have been rolling (plus it would have been another boost to the Bills)

I agree, LMU has a good chance for post season play...probably CBI...a win over St. Mary's might have got them to NIT

You propose a Mitt - Newt truce?

I want the Bills to win... season ticket holder on and off for 30+ yrs... I think he wants them to win.

you just defined a warm weather fan