Can SLU Win A Close Road Game?

Pistol

I'm not so sure. We definitely haven't shown it so far. All three of these losses were winnable games. This doesn't reflect well on our ability to go on the road and beat anyone. No perimeter game, no FT shooting.

We need to play better defense and quit fouling so much. Our 3 point shooting in these last two losses has been awful. The offense that was so crisp with the team sharing the ball so well is almost nonexistent. Hopefully, we have some good practices and get things fixed. There is no question that if they cannot win conference games on the road then the NCAA Tourney will be a figment of Bills fans imagination.

KC and CR played horrible. Even KM played like ######. We will win other road games. Dayton is 11-3 with some real good wins. Not a bad loss by any means but a game we definitely should have won. Let's roll GW. We have to beat Temple.

5-19 from 3 (26%)

24-62 FG (38%)

Out rebounded 40-27

Starting "star" PG cant make FT's and seemed lost in the final 10 seconds

the "senior leader" at guard cant defend and is affraid to take a shot

If these trends continue we will not win a true road game against good teams.

This game was way to simalar to the NM game. I was hoping to see improvement but it wasnt there.

Its time to teach these guys how to shoot outside of the Fetz.

KC and CR played horrible. Even KM played like ######. We will win other road games. Dayton is 11-3 with some real good wins. Not a bad loss by any means but a game we definitely should have won. Let's roll GW. We have to beat Temple.

Agree to disagree. Conference loss = bad.

We need to play better defense and quit fouling so much. Our 3 point shooting in these last two losses has been awful. The offense that was so crisp with the team sharing the ball so well is almost nonexistent. Hopefully, we have some good practices and get things fixed. There is no question that if they cannot win conference games on the road then the NCAA Tourney will be a figment of Bills fans imagination.

I was arguing with my dad about this. He said the same thing you did but I saw if a little differently.

IMO they were still crisp and moving the ball (atleast for the first 30 minutes) they just werent knocking down the open shots.

When you shoot 40% from 3 and 50% from the field the Offense looks great, when you cant throw the ball in the ocean it looks awful.

5-19 from 3 (26%)

24-62 FG (38%)

Out rebounded 40-27

Starting "star" PG cant make FT's and seemed lost in the final 10 seconds

the "senior leader" at guard cant defend and is affraid to take a shot

If these trends continue we will not win a true road game against good teams.

This game was way to simalar to the NM game. I was hoping to see improvement but it wasnt there.

Its time to teach these guys how to shoot outside of the Fetz.

Great summary and spot on.

These 2 latest losses boil down to 1 thing in my opinion: lack of outside shooting. A team that relies on the 3 as much as we do absolutely cannot shoot 3-18 and 5-19 on the road and expect to win...

A positive that can be drawn from these last two games is that we were in a position to win both despite the terrible shooting and lapse in focus at times...our margin for error just got much smaller...

This UD team was ripe for the picking without their best interior presence and we couldn't put them away...

These 2 latest losses boil down to 1 thing in my opinion: lack of outside shooting. A team that relies on the 3 as much as we do absolutely cannot shoot 3-18 and 5-19 on the road and expect to win...

DING DING DING!!!!

Bang he Got It!!

After the last two games Ive seen/heard people blame the refs, the scheduling, the coach, and everything in between but those stats are the only ones we need to fix.

When the Bills have been routing opponents they have been shooting at a 50% clip, if they do that tonight they win big.

Until they learn to shoot in hostile enviroments they are in troble.

I'm afraid I have to agree that it's a great summary. Why the heck won't Cassity SHOOT THE BALL, especially with the way others have shot the 3-ball these last two games ?

-it seems quite obvious after 3.5 yrs KC is who he is and part of that is a reluctant shooter, it was not a problem when the others were making, now they are not making and not getting offense from his minutes is magnified, we'll what Rick does on this, if anything, but we did not play well, did not shoot well (i think at one point we were 18-18 on ft's and where did we finish??), did not defend well and we lost

-i think CR"s minutes are up for grabs, he gets a moving screen foul called on him every game and is generally not helping in his minutes, i also wonder if JM or GG is ready to see a bit of action, could they do worse?

Someone needs to light a fire under his baggy tshirt wearing ass or play Manning.

You know, he just hasn't gotten any better in I guess it's 3 years now? I'm with you, play Manning. He can't be any worse and he'll get some experience.

I wouldn't mind seeing JB get a chance over KC in the George Washington game. At least Jake is willing to shoot the ball and neither are contributing that much right now as it is. KC was a very good defender the last 2 years, but all of a sudden he seems to have lost that too.

Live by the three; die by the three. How much worse could Manning be? Of course, Remekun only got three minutes and didn't really hurt but he also did nothing to help. I've got him at Sekue Barantine levels now.

Two similarities between this and the UNM loss. The obvious being the poor 3 pt shooting. Open looks means the offense is working. Missing the open looks falls on the shooters. Oh where oh where has our 3 pt game gone? Better find it, boys. And as an added note, we also missed a bunch of chippies or had them jammed down our throat. Take it up hard, Bills.

Second, UD went to the dribble drive just like UNM and it exposed our lack of a solid interior defender. Can't lay this on BC, he just doesn't possess those skills and has to foul to prevent the easy basket. RM's got to find a way to stop PG's from getting inside and causing havoc. Dillard was the man last night. I didn't see anyone match his quickness off the dribble. It took 2 defenders and of course that left a UD player open for a good look. I'm thinking it might be time to start inserting JM in there a little as interior D is supposed to be his forte. Thanks a bunch, WR.

KC is a real enigma. Looking back at the Nov games, he was making 3s and taking the occasional drive to the hoop. Now he's just a 6th wheel. When MM comes in I breathe a sigh of relief becasue at least he's a threat to score. KC is not and other teams know this.

The OT period was the worst BB we've played all year. It was messy, pathetic, and painfull to watch. We looked like a bad HS team. Why all of a sudden they lost their composure and got away from how they've been coached to play is beyond comprehension since they haven't looked or played that bad all year. Where did the well oiled machine go? My guess is becasue they let UD back in the game after building an 8 pt lead they felt it was necessary to just try and do too much. In short, we lost our composure.

Temple's gonna come in here with a boatload of confidence after beating the Dookies. So, it behooves this team and the staff to get a lot accomplished in the next 7 days. It behooves the fans to show up in droves and make life a living hell for the Owls.

Live by the three; die by the three. How much worse could Manning be? Of course, Remekun only got three minutes and didn't really hurt but he also did nothing to help. I've got him at Sekue Barantine levels now.

I would agree with this, but we where down six in OT and kept trying to drive to the hoop. Didn't even look for a three. Getting fouled and not making the basket or the foul shots does not help!!

SLU can't win a road game. Is there anything more to it? I would be surprised if we have more than a dozen road wins in the last 5 years.

We know our offense can be frustrating but I've grown accustomed to inconsistency, and I'm fine with it. Our exposed defense is something I can't understand.

Dayton's high screen for Dillard was used again and again. That was the key to the game. At first he was getting all the way into the lane by himself and either taking it, getting fouled or a last second dish to one of the post players. After the last timeout of the first half, it looked like we adjusted by changing the degree of the hedge, and it worked for about 3 minutes going into the half. Then in the second half, we decided to essentially double team and leave their post player open beyond the 3-point line. Wasn't that bad of an idea, except when Fabrizius was on the court. Should have switched up the strategy based on which Dayton players were on the court. Unfortunately, none of the adjustments that were made ending up working. Dillard hasn't been hot from the 3 this year, and yet we insisted on going over the top the screen, leaving us about 2 steps behind him.