Majerus on 101.1 ESPN

How long can you hold your breath? I'd venture a guess it won't be long enough.

Looks like no retraction from Roy is forthcoming. :(

Does anybody else think my statement that Majerus "has praised the value of a SLU education more than I have heard from any SLU coach. He brings it up in almost every interview, including the one today"... was an "untruthful" statement as Roy claims?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody else think my statement that Majerus "has praised the value of a SLU education more than I have heard from any SLU coach. He brings it up in almost every interview, including the one today"... was an "untruthful" statement as Roy claims?

Ace, your statement was not untruthful. Indeed, at nearly every opportunity in longer-form interviews he's done, he goes to bat for a SLU education. Heck, he puts it above his own education at Marquette.

No doubt. You are right on the money. And it one of the best things about Rick, in my opinion.

Enough with the Porter posts. We all get the joke, but it's really old

no ######. every time that joke comes up, it's like the kardashians for me. i cut myself AGAIN and now everybody knows that i cut myself because everyone else cuts too.

Looks like my simple question got lost in the Broy bashing. Who are the players that have put us in this APR mess. I'm guessing it's Cotto, Reed, Thompson, and possibly TLIII?

Enough, name a player today who is not on schedule to graduate? None, okay the problem is resolving itself.

Enough with the Porter posts. We all get the joke, but it's really old

Seriously, chillinthemost has 32 posts total, and I bet 25 of them reference Porter Moser. The joke was played out prior to him beating it into the ground recently, now it makes me just want to punch someone if I see it again.

Looks like my simple question got lost in the Broy bashing. Who are the players that have put us in this APR mess. I'm guessing it's Cotto, Reed, Thompson, and possibly TLIII?

Those are some of the names. I did hear that TLIII was back in school trying to graduate. If so, that would be a plus for our APR. That, and the reduction in transfers over the past year.

One only needs to look at some of the schools that are tops (Ohio State, SEC schools, Mizzou, etc.) in the APR to understand that it's a very flawed measure and one that fails to measure the relative difficulty/ease of the school's coursework.

+1

i'd say we could use the primer thread as a good touchpoint for banning ######-stirring honkies. i mean, i stir a lotta ######, but i keeps it fresh, i keeps it clean. porter is most definitely off limits at this point. yeah, he was a good guy, but he's a gotdamn assistant coach. i want more stories about maji and his papi trying to break into the fridge while mami was at werk. that ###### is fresh.

Does anybody else think my statement that Majerus "has praised the value of a SLU education more than I have heard from any SLU coach. He brings it up in almost every interview, including the one today"... was an "untruthful"

statement as Roy claims?

I agree 100%

i am surprised Roy hasn't bit**ed about RM wearing a white sweater to a couple of games vs the blacks. He is forever looking for something to throw in his face. About as old as the Moser jokes.

Q: What kind of a-hole wears white after Labor day?

A: The kind that doesnt care about education.

i'd say we could use the primer thread as a good touchpoint for banning ######-stirring honkies. i mean, i stir a lotta ######, but i keeps it fresh, i keeps it clean. porter is most definitely off limits at this point. yeah, he was a good guy, but he's a gotdamn assistant coach. i want more stories about maji and his papi trying to break into the fridge while mami was at werk. that ###### is fresh.

I may be ###### stirring but assuming I'm a "honky" is pretty fudgin stupid bro...

wwpd

Enough, name a player today who is not on schedule to graduate? None, okay the problem is resolving itself.

We should get extra credit for players who graduate early, participate in MBA or other masters/graduate prorams. But we don't, which is another shortcoming of the system.

Ace, your statement was not untruthful. Indeed, at nearly every opportunity in longer-form interviews he's done, he goes to bat for a SLU education. Heck, he puts it above his own education at Marquette.

No doubt. You are right on the money. And it one of the best things about Rick, in my opinion.

If you look at his recruits, academically many have arrived with a reputation for being strong academically - Eckerle, Conklin, Cassity, Evans, Manning, Femi, Loe, Barnett and the two that just signed this fall. Cotto was a risk that didn't work, but hey, he was a local player, which is so important to some people. I don't mind the occasional risk if you have a strong core with the rest of the team, which we do. Jordan was a mistake. Reed and Thompson had academic problems, but at the time they signed, I seem to recall some people giving the previous staff a lot of credit for originally recruiting those guys. :) There certainly have been no more academic risks and perhaps even less taken in compared to previous regimes.

We finally crack the top 25, we have filled all the scholarships for the first time since I can remember, our two seniors already have their degrees, our recruiting is already done for the class of 2012... at a time when the program seems to be the strongest that it has been in more than a decade, this seems like an odd time to be b!tching.

If you look at his recruits, academically many have arrived with a reputation for being strong academically - Eckerle, Conklin, Cassity, Evans, Manning, Femi, Loe, Barnett and the two that just signed this fall. Cotto was a risk that didn't work, but hey, he was a local player, which is so important to some people. I don't mind the occasional risk if you have a strong core with the rest of the team, which we do. Jordan was a mistake. Reed and Thompson had academic problems, but at the time they signed, I seem to recall some people giving the previous staff a lot of credit for originally recruiting those guys. :) There certainly have been no more academic risks and perhaps even less taken in compared to previous regimes.

We finally crack the top 25, we have filled all the scholarships for the first time since I can remember, our two seniors already have their degrees, our recruiting is already done for the class of 2012... at a time when the program seems to be the strongest that it has been in more than a decade, this seems like an odd time to be b!tching.

+1000

This thread has become painful just to skim through, as 75% of them do on this board when derailed.

RM is the best thing to happen to Billiken basketball since I started following the program (freshman year, 2006, not that long compared to most of you), I view him as a savior. Hope he coaches for 15 more years, then they erect a statue of the man, and throw his name on the court. Putting Billikens hoops back on the map, nationally.

Will never understands the "haters" (it seems to never stop, no matter what), because I can't even imagine what it was like to be a SLU fan in the 20 years before he got here.

We have a program now, let it gooooooooooo.

I believe you have 6 yrs to earn a degree, so TL III can only count against us.

"Graduation rate" and APR are not the same thing. The six-year time-limit is part of what the NCAA uses to calculate graduation rate.

I don't know the particulars, but I would think that as long as Liddell had the credits to be a senior, he probably has no bearing on the APR. Wouldn't his tenure be out of the range the NCAA would be considering for the APR pertaining to current sanctions? (I don't feel like doing any research.)