Billikens.com Primer

RUBillsFan

The Triangle and Too era really is not getting the attention it deserves. Too / Joey deserves props for introducing himself to me at one of my final games in high school. Too good.

He was the inspiration for my screen name. I used a different name on the other board, and had planned on using my old screen name while creating Box & Won for the sole purpose of ripping on Triangle and Too. Then I got lazy and just said to hell with it, but kept the screen name.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I loved the "debate" on the Offseason Board.

I liked it also, except that I agreed it had to end as the disagreements carried over to the main board and we had people who had political differences just attacking others as soon as they posted something on the main board.

Nothing about the desperate "USA Soccer is great" threads?

-We beat Honduras 1-0.

-If we can get by Zambia this time, we got a chance at the whole thing.

-Who do we play now? Slovenia? Whoa, they are pretty good.

-Damn, we lost 1-0, but what an exciting game! Bad coaching.

-If we have more speed at mid field, USA could win the whole thing next time.

And this:

-This one failed, but St. Louis should support another pro soccer team, it is so exciting to watch. Next time St. Louis will support a pro team.

-This one failed, but St. Louis should support another woman's pro soccer team, it is exciting to watch. Next time St. Louis will support a woman's pro team.

BTW, we used to have some really awful Cincinnati fans posting on our board back in the CUSA days.

There were great ones. gruehls I think was one of the best "opponent" posters I ever encountered.

Apologies if these links/quotes made it to the thread already, but if anyone is looking for some basketballcountry reading material, see this thread, which will lead you to one of my favorite posts on this board:

Okay, I'll take a stab at it. It's not a complete work, by any means, but I just threw this together.

"GAME OVER," said Basketball Country upon reading the foreclosure notice. Slack jawed, he stared out the kitchen window into the courtyard, contemplating his next move. In just a matter of hours, the sheriff would be knocking on his door and the double-wide currently sitting on lot 23-B of the Terre du Carbon Mobile Home Park would officially become property of Soy Bank & Trust. But the foreclosure wasn't his most pressing problem; he needed to get this place **** and span before the sheriff arrived, or he'd be headed back to the slammer – no small task, for sure. But thousands of empty Sudafed boxes don't just throw themselves away, and what in the hell would he do with all these empty ammonia tanks? God damn, he thought, why did LuAnn have to die in that explosion...

The gravity of the situation bearing down on him, he began to think about just how he got himself into this mess. It seemed like only yesterday that he made that uncontested layup, the one that beat Red Bud at the buzzer to win state. They still talk about that game to this day.

As a high schooler, roundball was his only escape from the bleak reality of life in Carbondale, taking precedent over everything, especially his schoolwork. But once that magical senior season ended, it seemed like no one had any use for him anymore. Disillusioned with the game he loved and the townsfolk who had quickly turned their attention to the up-and-coming hot-shot sophomore point guard who held prospects of hardwood glory, he answered the siren song of methanphetamine...