More bad news for Mizzery

Per Bernie Miklasz on Twitter: Sorry to hear the bad news (torn ACL) on Mizzou PF Laurence Bowers. Could things start off any worse for Frank Haith?s

If the MIami allegations about Haith prove true and he stays on as Mizzery's HC, Haith should consider every day he's in Columbia a gift from God.

Per Bernie Miklasz on Twitter: Sorry to hear the bad news (torn ACL) on Mizzou PF Laurence Bowers. Could things start off any worse for Frank Haith?s

Bernie better be careful or courtside will scold him for suggesting the Frank Haith era is off to a rough start.

Yeah losing bowers hurts. Mostly from an emotional standpoint as this class has been through a lot together and he won't get to be with them on their senior night. Bowers is a standup kid though. He had an engagement scheduled at the library where he was going to be reading to kids last night, and rather than cancel it (as most expected) he showed up on crutches to read.

We were already thin inside so this certainly makes us thinner, but we're a guard-led team anyway. Probably won't win the big 12 but I still see us dancing.

No worry. Surely Mizzou is not like our Bills and RM. Surely Mizzou has a replacement for Bowers to step in and not miss a beat just like we did for WR and KM last year, right? :)

Hurts big time this year, but helps for the following season when they would've had a young unproven frontcourt flanked by an extremely talented backcourt. I dont think it ruins their tourney chances. They'll either play small ball or redshirt freshman Kadeem Green has to step up. Dixon, Denmon, English is still an incredible starting backcourt with the Pressey brothers coming off the bench. And then for 2012-2013, you have Dixon joined in the backcourt by high scoring transfer Keion Bell and Earnest Ross.

Hurts big time this year, but helps for the following season when they would've had a young unproven frontcourt flanked by an extremely talented backcourt. I dont think it ruins their tourney chances. They'll either play small ball or redshirt freshman Kadeem Green has to step up. Dixon, Denmon, English is still an incredible starting backcourt with the Pressey brothers coming off the bench. And then for 2012-2013, you have Dixon joined in the backcourt by high scoring transfer Keion Bell and Earnest Ross.

When does Coger join the team, or did he decommit again?

What's with the continued grudge on HTB?

You are the only person on this entire board who doesn't seem to appreciate what HTB does. Why?

What's with the continued grudge on HTB?

You are the only person on this entire board who doesn't seem to appreciate what HTB does. Why?

Just want to make sure they confirm it, that's all. I won't believe it until it's confirmed. We have to hold them to the highest of standards now.

Just want to make sure they confirm it, that's all. I won't believe it until it's confirmed. We have to hold them to the highest of standards now.

You can't give a straight answer, can you?

For someone so heavily involved in "all things social media" (as your profile on the left used to read), it strikes me as odd that you're so bothered by someone deilvering a high volume of solid information, whether delivered by the writers themselves or cited when secondhand.

Who cares if they confirm a story from someone else? 99/100 times it's the first I've heard of it, because I don't feel like following every single recruiting writer on Twitter and I don't feel like paying extra for premium content from Rivals or Scout. I think that holds true for most people here. All I need to do is follow one Twitter account and I have more SLU and A10 recruiting information than any of us have ever seen before.

And yet you have a serious bone to pick with HTB. Why?

For someone so heavily involved in "all things social media" (as your profile on the left used to read), it strikes me as odd that you're so bothered by someone deilvering a high volume of solid information, whether delivered by the writers themselves or cited when secondhand.

Who cares if they confirm a story from someone else? 99/100 times it's the first I've heard of it, because I don't feel like following every single recruiting writer on Twitter and I don't feel like paying extra for premium content from Rivals or Scout. I think that holds true for most people here. All I need to do is follow one Twitter account and I have more SLU and A10 recruiting information than any of us have ever seen before.

-pistol, good luck

You know why Metz did that? Because he knew he would get attention for it. And it worked.

-pistol, good luck

I'll answer that question. They literally came out of nowhere calling themselves experts and the "premier source" for A-10 recruiting. In all fairness to other A-10 bloggers out there, I found this to be very off-putting. What did they do to brand themselves the "premier source?" After I had initially called them out for this, they changed their UI on their blog. Step in the right direction, but their initial burst on the scene was a comedy of errors. They don't have to "confirm" everything either, like they're an executive producer at "60 Minutes." We get it, you want credibility, but it's a stretch.

Sure, I failed in my attempt to bring more insight via a blog, but I tried to do that on top of a full-time job. It wasn't going to work anyway, plus most of my connections within the Athletic Dept. have moved on. In no way, shape or form does bitterness factor into the equation. That's on me, Cowboy. I didn't produce. I'll own up to that and I apologize that I couldn't give you more insider info on SLU athletics. That's my fault.

I'll answer that question. They literally came out of nowhere calling themselves experts and the "premier source" for A-10 recruiting. In all fairness to other A-10 bloggers out there, I found this to be very off-putting. What did they do to brand themselves the "premier source?" After I had initially called them out for this, they changed their UI on their blog. Step in the right direction, but their initial burst on the scene was a comedy of errors. They don't have to "confirm" everything either, like they're an executive producer at "60 Minutes." We get it, you want credibility, but it's a stretch.

Sure, I failed in my attempt to bring more insight via a blog, but I tried to do that on top of a full-time job. It wasn't going to work anyway, plus most of my connections within the Athletic Dept. have moved on. In no way, shape or form does bitterness factor into the equation. That's on me, Cowboy. I didn't produce. I'll own up to that and I apologize that I couldn't give you more insider info on SLU athletics. That's my fault.

I have no issue with them calling themselves the "premier source for A10 recruiting". Why? Because I haven't seen anything to the contrary. They're fast, comprehensive, and always give credit to their sources. If there is a more "premier" source for A10 recruiting, by all means, let me know.

And even if they weren't, so what? Miller High Life calls itself the "Champagne of Beers" and anyone who has had more than one beer knows it's just marketing. I used to go to a dentist called Premier Dental Partners- they were all right. The Old Rock House calls itself the premier rock club in St. Louis. There are a few that could justify the same. Point is, the guys of HTB have every right to market themselves how they want, and as far as I can tell, they've lived up to their initial claim.

Also, even if they got off to a slow or rocky start (which must have not been significant because I don't remember it and they're tearing it up now), why keep picking on them for that? Shouldn't a guy who has been through 20 or so screennames on this site alone be more forgiving about a few rough weeks? You've had a rough 8+ years here and based on the other comments in this thread, that hasn't smoothed out yet.

I honestly don't even remember your blog about SLU athletics. I remember reading a few posts about SLU sports but thought it was part of another blog. Your SLU contacts, even if they were still there, couldn't have been happy about what you wrote in the ones I remember. I called your vitriol toward HTB "jealousy" a week or two ago, but I based that on the fact HTB is delivering so much good stuff in one Twitter account and I haven't seen you generate anything productive despite your efforts for total social media saturation.

Not that I think that there is any question in the minds of most on this board about who wins the credibly debate on this, but allow me to add something here:

HTB: People who generate or collect recruiting information and pass it along in a professional manner.

Metz: A guy who earlier this year went on Twitter to spread misinformation about a recruit who had chosen to attend another school over SLU, in hopes that something would happen.

1. who cares about mizzou

2. HTB is pretty much the only source of A10 recruiting so either way it's the best.

3. HTB does a great job of giving us factual information. They have developed contacts at pretty much all the A10 schools and they're doing a great job of building a strong reputation.

4. I can't wait for the season because it will make Metz so much easier to ignore, especially if he has meaningless posts in the GDT that will get lost with all the other commentary.

4. I can't wait for the season because it will make Metz so much easier to ignore, especially if he has meaningless posts in the GDT that will get lost with all the other commentary.

-might i recommend the 'ignore' feature, it is very nice

Metz = Glass Joe

Posted Image