Dear Majerus Haters...

then i guess the likes of ace shouldnt ask questions that he darn well knows will get the response i have given. if that is truly all of your want, dont ask.

Ace is asking why is it ok for you to be so negative now when you didn't think others should be negative in the past?

I'm not commenting on who's right or wrong, i'm just not sure you have answered the question. I do think it is an interesting question.

Also, to be fair, you are often negative without Ace's prompting.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

because i truly believe that as long as majerus is our coach he is hurting our university and the program long term more than he is helping it with his short term push to "just win baby".

while soderberg and romar were both mediocre coaches recordwise, i think they did the little things about a program right that might have achieved a more lasting success story such as gonzaga eventually. and they did that with far less administrative support, and horrible facilities. god only knows how much success romar and soderberg might have had if given chaifetz, bigger budgets, etc.

But again, how is YOUR negativity on here helping the program? You used to believe that the "negativity" expressed by others on this board was hurting the program. I guess that was all B.S. and your real motivation was really to protect Sodie.

jbizzle to insinuate this is some sort of academic high is an outright misstatement. saint louis university has long been a conference leader in academics and with spoon, romar and soderberg had outstanding student athletes. i believe while the billikens were a part of conference usa, we only did not have the leading gpa basketball team one time.

i expect our student athletes to be what you detailed above and more. and more being the negatives that you want to sweep under the rug. no doubt we should be very proud of eckerle, cassity, conklin and barnett, but we typically have had 3-4 players or more with similar academic credentials.

I am not insinuating that it is an academic high for the program. I am merely pointing out that I don't see where Majerus is not focusing on the academic part for the student-athlete anymore than other coaches have. It would appear that the basketball program is still producing good quality student-athletes that you can be proud of, just as they did during the previous coaches regimes. Are you telling me that there weren't players under the previous coaches that struggled academically? That they were all honor rull students that had no issues in the classrooms? Other than the Ivy League, show me a school that hasn't had issues with at least some players when it comes to academics.

I am not insinuating that it is an academic high for the program. I am merely pointing out that I don't see where Majerus is not focusing on the academic part for the student-athlete anymore than other coaches have. It would appear that the basketball program is still producing good quality student-athletes that you can be proud of, just as they did during the previous coaches regimes. Are you telling me that there weren't players under the previous coaches that struggled academically? That they were all honor rull students that had no issues in the classrooms? Other than the Ivy League, show me a school that hasn't had issues with at least some players when it comes to academics.

+1 Pulley, Edwin, Dixon, Obi, plus the two juco kids who Sodie SIGNED who couldn't even get into school.

So, we have two players who made the A-10 All-Academic Team (mind you, there are only 5 spots for 14 teams), we have a player who can't play in his last year of eligibility because he is going to med school, two players that just graduated and will be working on MBAs while playing next season, a transfer from Toledo who in his first year at SLU got a 4.0 GPA and a freshman who the coach stated was also being considered for the A-10 All-Academic team. Also, the recent transfer from the team was on the honor roll and the best player gets good, solid grades and will have no problems graduating.

Man, I wish our coach would focus on the 'student' part of student-athlete more.

Well put. I think academics are as positively supported as ever. Obviously RM puts the student-athlete first before basketball. What more could you ask for.

Roy, I have always liked you on here and I have some issues with Rickma myself. That said, this ###### from you is getting old.

i agree brian, not sure why the thread was even started or why ace asked the direct question. what was expected to be the outcome? if asked i will be honest with my opinions.

i apologize to those that read my opinions and dont agree, but i feel very strongly about it.

Well put. I think academics are as positively supported as ever. Obviously RM puts the student-athlete first before basketball. What more could you ask for.

i believe saint louis university and our athletic department and coach majerus will always support the student athletes in the classroom. not sure where the thought came from that i didnt think our student athletes werent being supported in the classroom.

i believe saint louis university and our athletic department and coach majerus will always support the student athletes in the classroom. not sure where the thought came from that i didnt think our student athletes werent being supported in the classroom.

During the whole thread you have basically been insinuating that the academics of the team under Majerus' have been in decline and that he is just focused on W's and nothing else. You brought up Willie and other players that had academic struggles to support your point. Then you stated that you wanted SLU to be like Butler and Gonzaga where academics is a priority and that student-athletes think about the university first and being a good ambassador for it, as you feel that isn't the case with Majerus.

Now you are unsure why some would think that you feel that Majerus isn't giving the athletes the proper support in the classroom. Really? That is rich...

During the whole thread you have basically been insinuating that the academics of the team under Majerus' have been in decline and that he is just focused on W's and nothing else. You brought up Willie and other players that had academic struggles to support your point. Then you stated that you wanted SLU to be like Butler and Gonzaga where academics is a priority and that student-athletes think about the university first and being a good ambassador for it, as you feel that isn't the case with Majerus.

Now you are unsure why some would think that you feel that Majerus isn't giving the athletes the proper support in the classroom. Really? That is rich...

you make some real leaps to come to that conclusion. my statements about the student athletes are all about running kids out of the program that do not necessarily want to go even though they were good students and good citizens. nothing about academic support has been stated by me as you state above.

i have had a number of conversations with mr may that assures me that our athletes at all levels and teams are supported in the classroom as much as ever and if you or any one else took any of my statements in this thread to mean i didnt think our athletes are supported in the classroom i apologize for not being more clear. i do not think that is the case.

because i truly believe that as long as majerus is our coach he is hurting our university and the program long term more than he is helping it with his short term push to "just win baby".

while soderberg and romar were both mediocre coaches recordwise, i think they did the little things about a program right that might have achieved a more lasting success story such as gonzaga eventually. and they did that with far less administrative support, and horrible facilities. god only knows how much success romar and soderberg might have had if given chaifetz, bigger budgets, etc.

That's why you put out the money for a program...to win and raise the profile of the University. What happened this year on the court was more negative than what happened off it. As we've stated in the past, I think you could care less about the record on the floor. I don't subscribe to that belief.

I may be in the minority here, but I couldn't care less about our players' academics - I just want them to get good enough grades to stay in school and remain on the team.

I agree sir.

I'm the resident a-hole who cares mostly about winning games...sorry if that is offensive.

I may be in the minority here, but I couldn't care less about our players' academics - I just want them to get good enough grades to stay in school and remain on the team.

agree 100%

If they have good enough grades to stay on the team and graduate it doesnt matter if they have a 2.3 or a 3.3.

Trust me, you are not in the minority. I want the W's and I don't care if the players are scraping by with Cs. Who gives a ######. How many regular students do we have that just scrape by. I'm sure there are quite a few. Bring the Ws.

+1 Pulley, Edwin, Dixon, Obi, plus the two juco kids who Sodie SIGNED who couldn't even get into school.

Lets not forget Justin Johnson! How he got a degree should be the subject of an NCAA investigation...and Brett Thompson was recruited by Soderberg too. So Rick and Brad get 1/2 credit on that turd.

Seriously Roy. You need to go back to the rule of "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." The defense of "Well you asked the question what do you expect" holds up as much as the "Well if that guy wasn't in his apartment when I broke in, I wouldn't have killed him."

You don't like Rick Majerus, I get it. many will hypothesize why this is. But do you need to seriously call him a horrible person? I have met the guy, he seems like a pretty nice guy. Quirky, but a nice guy.

And the local media? Really? Haven't we been over this? The local media could give two shits about SLU unless its to tear them down. But if we take a tournament ride, the local media will be creaming their jeans to get an interview with anyone they can.

I believe SLU should only recruit scrappy white players from the Metro East. They along with the coaching staff must praise Jesus, help little old ladies across the street, and must have conservative politics only. I don't care how the coach, staff, and or players behave outside of my microscopic perceived public perception, good, bad, or indifferent. I only care that they are the above, at all times of my microscopic knowledge and perception. They can be or do or say what they want outside of that miniscule perception.

If they are not the above at all times during my microscopic knowledge of the situation, I will huff and puff, incorrectly spell and improperly identify things and names of things, places and people to which I am dismissive. I will name call and intentionally miss label said things, people, and places. I will believe anything I read on the internet, as long as supports my agenda. Anything else will be false drivel. I will hold grudges and proceed to act like a jilted lover when I feel betrayed by players who go away to college and don't pick SLU. I will also feel betrayed and hold grudges to any school that ever leaves SLU's conference for greener pastures, even though I don't care if SLU ever does that to others. I will always, under any circumstances, have sour grapes. I will disregard all factual information that does not support my agenda. I will also be allowed to revise history at all times if it supports my agenda.

I believe this board represents the entire SLU fan base, not jusyt the few dozen or so that are on here at a given time. I believe that magically those tens of thousands of fans are transformed into a few dozen to hundred posters the represent the entire SLU community.

Repeat cycle.

And, just in case there is one or two people out there that might be unsure...and yes...we all know there are a few out there on here...the above is sarcasm.

Glad we cleared that up.

I believe SLU should only recruit scrappy white players from the Metro East. They along with the coaching staff must praise Jesus, help little old ladies across the street, and must have conservative politics only. .

-Im a scrappy white guy that lives in the city of st louis.

-I believe in Jesus but dont necessarily praise him.

-Ive never helped an old lady across the street but one time, on my way to work, I saw a body in the street on Tucker. He was in the middle of the road and cars were zipping by his head. I pulled my car over, and carried an unconscious early 20's black kid out of the street and onto the sidewalk by the projects. I woke him up, called 911, and made sure he knew he should get rid of anything in his pockets he didnt want the cops to find. (true story btw)

-Politically...Im kind of right in the middle but open to both view points.

Can I play? I fulfill about 44.32% of your requirements.

I believe SLU should only recruit scrappy white players from the Metro East. They along with the coaching staff must praise Jesus, help little old ladies across the street, and must have conservative politics only. I don't care how the coach, staff, and or players behave outside of my microscopic perceived public perception, good, bad, or indifferent. I only care that they are the above, at all times of my microscopic knowledge and perception. They can be or do or say what they want outside of that miniscule perception.

If they are not the above at all times during my microscopic knowledge of the situation, I will huff and puff, incorrectly spell and improperly identify things and names of things, places and people to which I am dismissive. I will name call and intentionally miss label said things, people, and places. I will believe anything I read on the internet, as long as supports my agenda. Anything else will be false drivel. I will hold grudges and proceed to act like a jilted lover when I feel betrayed by players who go away to college and don't pick SLU. I will also feel betrayed and hold grudges to any school that ever leaves SLU's conference for greener pastures, even though I don't care if SLU ever does that to others. I will always, under any circumstances, have sour grapes. I will disregard all factual information that does not support my agenda. I will also be allowed to revise history at all times if it supports my agenda.

I believe this board represents the entire SLU fan base, not jusyt the few dozen or so that are on here at a given time. I believe that magically those tens of thousands of fans are transformed into a few dozen to hundred posters the represent the entire SLU community.

Repeat cycle.

And, just in case there is one or two people out there that might be unsure...and yes...we all know there are a few out there on here...the above is sarcasm.

Glad we cleared that up.

Court still hurting on that jets fu thing I see.

-Ive never helped an old lady across the street but one time, on my way to work, I saw a body in the street on Tucker. He was in the middle of the road and cars were zipping by his head. I pulled my car over, and carried an unconscious early 20's black kid out of the street and onto the sidewalk by the projects. I woke him up, called 911, and made sure he knew he should get rid of anything in his pockets he didnt want the cops to find. (true story btw)

You would expect me to say absolutely not. However when I revise history, ..I'm saying there's a chance.

Hello feather. Ruffled? I forgot to add that as long as I repeat something often enough, it will magically become true. Can we get a good ole boy as coach?

hahaha court really it is ok that someone knew more than you and caught you in a wrong statement. you cant always be right.

Why not?