Salecich Rumored to be Transferring

ARon

well i care deeply about my alma mater and i dont think we have the right man in the job to represent our school. you on the other hand who claim to be so close to the situation knows that i am right about the off court antics yet prefers to turn his head and bask in the sun full well knowing that a rain storm is likely on the way but would prefer to ignore that knowing that the short term benefits will be some flowers for a couple of years.

guess what. i am not going away. i will be here rooting for what i think is the best interests and long term success of saint louis university, not rick majerus. and that will be long after majerus is long gone and having nothing to do with saint louis university and our program. if he was truly a team player like you like to present, a lot of his "honesty" during his time here wouldnt go against father biondi and saint louis university would never have happened. organizations are not successfully run like that. but you just keep carrying the torch for rickma. good for you. maybe he will share pizza with you.

I used to think you did in fact "care about your alma mater" but I now think that all you care only about what is Roy's view of what should happen. Not one person in this world in perfect and our coach sure fits that description. Somehow I would guess that you are not perfect either. But your sanctimonious--holier than thou--I know better than everyone else what is best for the Billikens--attitude with lectures to all of us over and over again is just ridiculous. I am just sick of hearing it over and over and over!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inside pitch to Metz....and he backs off the plate (always does).

Unwarranted shots at me are not "inside pitches." This guy is a headhunter and I want to know what his beef is with me. Totally uncalled for and unacceptable.

I was right about CS. He couldn't stand the heat, so he's getting out of the kitchen. Frees up a scholarship for our university to get better as we move forward. He's going to land somewhere and probably contribute and I wish him the best of luck.

Unwarranted shots at me are not "inside pitches." This guy is a headhunter and I want to know what his beef is with me. Totally uncalled for and unacceptable.

I was right about CS. He couldn't stand the heat, so he's getting out of the kitchen. Frees up a scholarship for our university to get better as we move forward. He's going to land somewhere and probably contribute and I wish him the best of luck.

Metz gets back off the ground, dusts off his uniform, and eyes the next pitch.....

I used to think you did in fact "care about your alma mater" but I now think that all you care only about what is Roy's view of what should happen. Not one person in this world in perfect and our coach sure fits that description. Somehow I would guess that you are not perfect either. But your sanctimonious--holier than thou--I know better than everyone else what is best for the Billikens--attitude with lectures to all of us over and over again is just ridiculous. I am just sick of hearing it over and over and over!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1,000,000

I have to wonder ..... does one believe, as the Dayton paper would lead one to believe in discussing the Gregory vacancy, that the coach of the most recognizable sport on campus is the most public face of the university? Any university. Dayton has DIII football, so DI basketball and its coach becomes its face. Like it or not. Gregory's morals and family values and perceived representation of the University of Dayton as a whole was unimpeachable. It even says so on the Georgia Tech board. Amazing. And everybody knew Brian Gregory yet no one really knew the prez -- Curran or something. Problem with Gregory is he just can't coach on the court.

Isn't the same true here at thee most noble Saint Louis University? Given the accompanying logic mentioned above, who is that for us? Shimmy Gray? Harry Keough? Bill Selman? Lawrence Biondi?

If you answer Rick Majerus, please describe that most-public face to me.

What pray tell do YOU see? Ah, yes, Mr. Billikan ---- I see your hand up waving wildly in the back of the room. Please --- go ahead .......

roy's view is computed by the statement, "what is best for saint louis university".

i agree no one is perfect. and i am far from it. but i am not the coach at saint louis university either. in my view, i would hope our coach is a better person than me. a little higher standard than me. unfortunately i dont think we have that. we have a no doubt great basketball mind. i will grant you that. but i think a head coach at saint louis university should be more than just that.

btw, isnt your judging the posters on this board (who are mainly hardcore fans that love the billikens and show that love with weaknesses of patience or lack thereof or jump to conclusions or unrealistic expectations), somewhat of a holier than thou attitude as well? that can be a little trying dont you think? but no one tells you to go away. i hope the pizza is good.

I have to wonder ..... does one believe, as the Dayton paper would lead one to believe in discussing the Gregory vacancy, that the coach of the most recognizable sport on campus is the most public face of the university? Any university. Dayton has DIII football, so DI basketball and its coach becomes its face. Like it or not. Gregory's morals and famil yvalues and perceived representation of the University of Dayton as a whoile was unimpeachable. It even says so on the Georgia Tech board. Amazing. And everybody knew Brian Gregory yet no one really knew the prez -- Curran or something.

Isn't the same true here at thee most noble Saint Louis University? Given the accompanying logic mentioned above, who is that for us? Shimmy Gray? Harry Keough? Bill Selman? Lawrence Biondi?

If you answer Rick Majerus, please describe that most-public face to me.

What pray tell do YOU see? Ah, yes, Mr. Billikan ---- I see your hand up waving wildly in the back of the room. Please --- go ahead .......

I know you live out of town so I will just simply say that beyond any doubt the person who is the "face" of Saint Louis University at virtually all levels is Father Biondi. He dominates the school and the community. At some schools the coaches are icons like at Duke or North Carolina. -- or Indiana when Knight was there or MU with good old Norm until late in his tenure. No coach at SLU has ever come close to that status.

I know you live out of town so I will just simply say that beyond any doubt the person who is the "face" of Saint Louis University at virtually all levels is Father Biondi. He dominates the school and the community. At some schools the coaches are icons like at Duke or North Carolina. -- or Indiana when Knight was there or MU with good old Norm until late in his tenure. No coach at SLU has ever come close to that status.

i would bet you that if you go into the upper deck at our games next year and randomly ask 100 fans who the man sitting in the 7th row center court facing the billikens bench is, less will be able to answer you compared to asking those same people who is the guy in black standing next to the scorer's table by the billiken bench.

no argument that father biondi is a powerful and dynamic man, but the truth be known as our fandom goes, the face of the billikens is majerus.

I defer then to you Mr. Billikan ... what does Biondi care about? When does one see this "face" of the unviersity? And when seen, what are his "key messages" and "talking points?" I'm betting basketball isn't discussed.

I have seen him and addressed him by name and he's called me by name but for the most part, I see him sightseeing in DC and Philadelphia. Because of the crowd and his need to work that crowd as best as he can, I get about five minutes tops and I know I am not important. So that's not a fair assessment.

It seems to me, that given the opportunity to get your name out there and attract students, or donors, or whatever a university president does (and I really am ignorant as to the job requiremnts) to merit such status, taking advantage of advertising in a national medium would work to the achievement of that goal. Sadly, our society and culture demands that sports is a major means to that end. What kind of ratings does the "Larry Biondi Show" get in town? I'm going to take a sweet, wild-ass guess that there isn't such a show.

Maryland? Gary Williams. Uconn? Jim Calhoun and Geno Auriemma. Missouri? Gary Pinkel. Notre Dame? Kelly and Brey. More Kelly then Brey. West Virginia? Huggins. Penn State? Joe Paterno. UCLA? John Wooden. Alabama? Nick Saban. VCU? Shaka Smart. Who's the football coach at Duke? How about the basketball coach? That one's easy altho most can't even spell it. Georgetown? Temple? Umass? Kentucky? Failure to learn from the past makes you doomed to repeat it. Failure to recognize what's in fron tof your face -- well, I don't know. Insanity?

This board is like those call-in surveys on the TV news. Only those associated in some way with the topic will call in and vote or comment anyway. That alone skews the results. Everyone on this board is behind the U in some way or another. Just because roy asks some hard questions doesn't make him any less involved than you or I or metz, for that matter. I don't always agree with roy, and I certainly don't with you either. Metz -- well, let's say "m-e-t-z" and leave it at that. Frankly, I'm coming to the conclusion that this is a program doomed to forever spin its wheels in oblivion. I really thought Majerus was a bold move and a seismic shift in the way Saint Louis University did business. I'm underwhelmed with the five years of results so far.

And with Reed and now Salescic (and there WILL be others -- I hope I'm wrong) the chants of BOHICA! ring in my ears.

Bend Over Here It Comes Again!

i would bet you that if you go into the upper deck at our games next year and randomly ask 100 fans who the man sitting in the 7th row center court facing the billikens bench is, less will be able to answer you compared to asking those same people who is the guy in black standing next to the scorer's table by the billiken bench.

no argument that father biondi is a powerful and dynamic

man, but the truth be known as our fandom goes, the face of the billikens is majerus.

You are talking the face of the bball team. Of course people at a slu basketball game would probably recognize majerus more. If you are talking Saint Louis university as a whole (which you did state earlier) and ask soon to be students considering attending slu..it would be Biondi.

well i care deeply about my alma mater and i dont think we have the right man in the job to represent our school. you on the other hand who claim to be so close to the situation knows that i am right about the off court antics yet prefers to turn his head and bask in the sun full well knowing that a rain storm is likely on the way but would prefer to ignore that knowing that the short term benefits will be some flowers for a couple of years.

guess what. i am not going away. i will be here rooting for what i think is the best interests and long term success of saint louis university, not rick majerus. and that will be long after majerus is long gone and having nothing to do with saint louis university and our program. if he was truly a team player like you like to present, a lot of his "honesty" during his time here wouldnt go against father biondi and saint louis university would never have happened. organizations are not successfully run like that. but you just keep carrying the torch for rickma. good for you. maybe he will share pizza with you.

You and I disagree on most everything, and I think here is another. I don't care what happens off the court, I care about what happens on it. Saint Louis University needs to have some short term success to make long-term planning relevant. I'm rooting for the Bills to do well, like you are. The difference is I don't really care how we get there; you have a vision in mind that you'd like to see them follow.

Posted Image

St. Rich was certainly the face of SLU -- well before Fr. B ever set foot on campus. After his departure, I cannot imagine any would say that Spoon was not the face of the school -- TV show, radio show, frequent appearances at Cardinal games where he was always interviewed by Jack Buck and others, his face and name (Spoonball) all over the town on billboards... Fr. Biondi over Romar and Brad -- yes possibly.

Which is worse?

Someone constantly patting themselves on the back for correctly predicting that an end of the bench guy would transfer so he can get more playing time in his final two years of eligibility,

OR

Someone using said transfer of student to further justify their feelings that Majerus is a really, really bad person.

This is a trick question. They are both pretty pathetic.

Which is worse?

Someone constantly patting themselves on the back for correctly predicting that an end of the bench guy would transfer so he can get more playing time in his final two years of eligibility,

OR

Someone using said transfer of student to further justify their feelings that Majerus is a really, really bad person.

Nicely done.

BustedDreams49 --- are you advocating cheating when you say "I don't care how we get there" in terms of the Bills doing well on the court? Because, if you're not, then saying you don't really care isn't quite true.

You don't care if team memebrs commit gang rape as long as we win?

You don't care if a star basketball player steals from other students rooms and wallets as log as we win?

You don't care if the team is involved in drug sales and underage drinking so long as we win?

You don't care if the players sell their belongings and memorabilia to finance tatoo deals as long as we win?

You don't care if the U hires a bus driver as an assistant coach because their son is 6'9" and an All- American as long as we win?

You don't care that a kid is so bad at school that he graduates and still can't read as long as we win?

And all these things would occur where? Off the court. All of these things have occurred --- of course not at Saint Louis University, including the gang rape.

BustedDreams49 --- are you advocating cheating when you say "I don't care how we get there" in terms of the Bills doing well on the court? Because, if you're not, then saying you don't really care isn't quite true.

You don't care if team memebrs commit gang rape as long as we win?

You don't care if a star basketball player steals from other students rooms and wallets as log as we win?

You don't care if the team is involved in drug sales and underage drinking so long as we win?

You don't care if the players sell their belongings and memorabilia to finance tatoo deals as long as we win?

You don't care if the U hires a bus driver as an assistant coach because their son is 6'9" and an All- American as long as we win?

You don't care that a kid is so bad at school that he graduates and still can't read as long as we win?

And all these things would occur where? Off the court. All of these things have occurred --- of course not at Saint Louis University, including the gang rape.

I'm tired of losing and the wait till next year mentality. It's getting old to hear people say "They're good kids" without winning games. I think last year's 12-19 record tells me that the focus needs to go on the court instead of off it. UNLV's championship banner is still hanging at the Thomas and Mack Center, so not every team that has won it all has been squeaky clean.

Which is worse?

OR

I don't know who's worse but they're both making the board unreadable and are both going on my ignore list.

OK I will bite - what off court antics are you referring too?

OK I will bite - what off court antics are you referring too?

since i have never hid my true identity yet you and 99% of this board do hide behind a moniker, you wont hear it from me on this board. i would suggest you ask around. people tell me the stories constantly.

Billikan is always entertaining when he goes into this mode.

Yeah. I know Ace and I used to tick him off always complaining about Brad, but he never told us to leave. Billikan walks softly and carries a big stick you don't want to tick him off.

Yeah. I know Ace and I used to tick him off always complaining about Brad, but he never told us to leave. Billikan walks softly and carries a big stick you don't want to tick him off.

That's because we are a lot more likable ;) BTW, I really like Billikan now!

since i have never hid my true identity yet you and 99% of this board do hide behind a moniker, you wont hear it from me on this board. i would suggest you ask around. people tell me the stories constantly.

Sorry if I upset you but I thought it was fair question once you put it out there. If you don't feel like you can be specific in supporting your post then you should not have put it out there. Heck, you could be talking about anything from being a bore to a law breaker so I would think you would at least want to clarify. By the way, the Board does not require people to use their real name so if you have revealed who you are that is up to you and not up to you to place the same requirement on all posters. I have no problem telling you who I am so if you want to know send me a pm and will be happy to step out from the curtain for you.