Salecich Rumored to be Transferring

ARon

For what its worth, word is spreading on Twitter that CS will transfer.

If it is the case I will be disappointed though not surprised. Ultimately it may not be a big lose for the team but I will point out, both of the guys known for bringing energy off the bench this year will be gone. I also still maintain that CS is one of the team's best one-on-one defenders, that will always be missed.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I saw that on twitter. He probably sees the writing on the wall and that he won't get very many minutes in the future. Wish him luck. I loved his effort and fire but he's not going to get the minutes he wants here

Yeah I saw that on twitter. He probably sees the writing on the wall and that he won't get very many minutes in the future. Wish him luck. I loved his effort and fire but he's not going to get the minutes he wants here

Who is Ben Weixlmann?

Rumour is he did not have much of a choice .

Will be sad to see him go conf stats were good considering the oportunites given.

Definately one of or best defensive players,

Bad start to the Non Conf season definately hurt his time on court the rest of the season.

Wish him all the best for the future

Majerus probably gave him the boot. Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last. Thanks for everything Christian.

I think we might be a little short-sighted to think he was given the boot by Majerus. Firt off, we don't know for a fact if he has decided to transfer. If he has decided, it might not be a situation where Majerus told him he needed to go. We know that CS is a good student. This is obviously something that means a lot to Majerus. We also know that CS has developed as a good defensive player, another thing that Majerus values quite a bit (just ask Ellis!)

CS also has good relationships with many members of the team right now. If he decides to leave, it might be from his own decision rather than Majerus pushing him out. He still has 2 years of D-1 eligibility. Seeing the limited playing time in front of him, he might just think it is best to go to a mid to low-major team and see if he can get some decent playing time.

Will be sad to see him go conf stats were good considering the oportunites given.

Bad start to the Non Conf season definately hurt his time on court the rest of the season.

Best of luck to CS. Enjoyed the intensity he played with. Wish the jumpshot had not left him this year.

If this news and the WR stuff is true, how does that impact our graduation rate/academic progress rate?

Also, any chance this would impact CE's decision to continue as a Billiken?

I think it only hurts the APR if the player leaves in bad academic standing. So, CS shouldn't do any damage there.

Good. We need a kid who isn't afraid to shoot the ball. Thanks for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts.

He was not afraid to shoot, just afraid to make. I don't want to rip the kid, in fact I thought he always played very hard and played pretty tough defense. He just didn't improve as a sophomore and got passed up by the talented freshmen. And next year when you add Barnett to the mix, Christian wouldn't see the floor.

Majerus probably gave him the boot. Wouldn't be the first, won't be the last. Thanks for everything Christian.

typical comment I've come to expect from u. And while it may be true, at least concede when you have been wrong with your majerus bashing. Like when u bashed him for not recruiting local players like mclemore, who u insisted would be eligible at slu. The guy bombed out of oak hill, whcih i didn't even know was possible. Don't just take your shots at the coach and disappear when you're wrong.

This news wasn't surprising to me. I think Christian wouldn't see the floor for the remainder of his career. If he did, because we were that bad, Majerus wouldn't be here. Hopefully this doesn't ruin what is becoming a solid pipeline of Down under kids.

Maybe Christian catches on at that NAIA school we played against. Or Lindenwood.

We should see some commitments soon I would guess. 1 maybe 2 schollies to fill.

Nate Lasch just retweeted that CS is transferring. I dont think it hurts the team cause he wont get much time but it does open up a scholarship. Otto Porter to SLU? Count it.....plus tax

Sucks to see him leave (if true). I would bet it was his choice though. Otto Porter is not likely. If we do land him, I will pay for the SLU subscription to watch games next year since channel surfing is down.

typical comment I've come to expect from u. And while it may be true, at least concede when you have been wrong with your majerus bashing. Like when u bashed him for not recruiting local players like mclemore, who u insisted would be eligible at slu. The guy bombed out of oak hill, whcih i didn't even know was possible. Don't just take your shots at the coach and disappear when you're wrong.

Mclemore hasn't been denied admission anywhere fyi.

If I'm wrong on something let me know. It happens a lot.

Acknowledging that cutting players is part of how RM runs a program is not taking shots. He did it with Jordan, now Salecich and he'll do it again.

Porter's top 3 were Georgetown, Mizzou, Mo State.

2 of those schools have new coaches. Hopefully we have inquired about him. He was interested in us once. It would be quite a recruiting coup for Majerus.

Acknowledging that cutting players is part of how RM runs a program is not taking shots. He did it with Jordan, now Salecich and he'll do it again.

Jordan was pushed out, but he also had academic issues. He likely wouldn't have been eligible anyways.

From what I understand, Christian was told he wouldn't receive many minutes next year, but had the option to stay. He chose to leave.

Do we need to buy you the Jump To Conclusions Mat? No official word about CS yet, yet you have already stated that Majerus has pushed him out. Maybe you should wait a little while before making statements like that, young man.

Rumour? This must be an aussie fan.

I figured that Salecich would be transferring based on his lack of productivity and inconsistent outside shooting. Just speculation on my part, but I thought he played a role in luring Cody Ellis to SLU. Could this mean that Ellis could be on his way out too? I know Ellis has been a disappointment so far, but he was expected to provide scoring punch to a team that needs it. Now there's rumors about Willie Reed leaving for the NBA. I certainly think that's a mistake for Reed, but it makes me wonder if he just couldn't hack it academically at SLU.