Salecich Rumored to be Transferring

ARon

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see Roy's post to have anything to do with Willie's off court antics but rather Majerus's. It seemed to me that he was taking Billikan to task for ignoring the off court antics of Majerus that will bring about a large rain storm all for a couple of good seasons. His post seems to be stating that Majerus has done all kinds of bad things off the court that will do the university harm in the long run.

Edited by jbizzle09

I didn't see Roy's post to have anything to do with Willie's off court antics but rather Majerus's. It seemed to me that he was taking Billikan to task for ignoring the off court antics of Majerus that will bring about a large rain storm all for a couple of good seasons. His post seems to be stating that Majerus has done all kinds of bad things off the court that will do the university harm in the long run.

Thank you, jbizzle. And for the sake of not derailing this thread, I deleted my previous comment.

If you are referring to my post - I never said anything about WR. I understood that Roy was talking about RM. My point simply was why infer something and then not be willing to clarify. If you are not referring to my post then disregard.

since i have never hid my true identity yet you and 99% of this board do hide behind a moniker, you wont hear it from me on this board. i would suggest you ask around. people tell me the stories constantly.

I call bullbleep, Roy. You can't continuously tell us you hear stories and then not go into detail about them. Your stories could be from the third cousin of the student managers brother in law. Hell, you could be making them all up in your sleep and believing them in the morning for all we know. So save us your reports of "stories" unless you are prepared to divulge them in detail and give your sources. And by the way, anyone can go to my profile and find out exactly who I am, so not everyone here is hiding behind a moniker, EXCEPT FOR THE DUDE!

If you are referring to my post - I never said anything about WR. I understood that Roy was talking about RM. My point simply was why infer something and then not be willing to clarify. If you are not referring to my post then disregard.

It was from For-DaLove regarding your post. Posts have been deleted and he has already paid his pennance. :) I definitely understand where you are coming from with Roy.

You don't care if the team is involved in underage drinking so long as we win?

You don't care if the players sell their belongings and memorabilia to finance tatoo deals as long as we win?

You don't care if the U hires a bus driver as an assistant coach because their son is 6'9" and an All- American as long as we win?

Id be OK with all of these as long as we win.

I wouldnt be to happy if I knew about them selling memrabilia because that would mean violations are on the way. But personally I have no problem with student athletes doing that.

The underage drinking...they may be athletes but they are still college kids and college kids drink. as long as it doesnt hurt their play or their studies they can booze just like the rest of the campus.

Hiring someone to get a player has been happening for years. Its a little dirty but I have no problem with it.

Hell I think SLU already did that and it got them to the tourney. Why do you think Derrick Thomas was hired as an assisstant? Could it of been becuase he coached Hughes and Tatum in high shcool? Or was it because he was such a high rising high school coach that they just couldnt pass him up?

The confusion was my fault. I just read what had been posted on this page and thought you guys were talking about WR. When jbizzle pointed out you weren't I deleted my post.

since i have never hid my true identity yet you and 99% of this board do hide behind a moniker, you wont hear it from me on this board. i would suggest you ask around. people tell me the stories constantly.

-let's see...there was a very recent "story you were told" about SLU not recruiting some kid from the east side and i believe earlier that same day earl was on the radio saying how we are recruiting him, i think you need to consider your sources a little better

-let's see...there was a very recent "story you were told" about SLU not recruiting some kid from the east side and i believe earlier that same day earl was on the radio saying how we are recruiting him, i think you need to consider your sources a little better

my sources on malcolm hill are myself (in the numerous games i have seen hill play, i have never seen a billiken coach at the games) and a parent of a jv player who said the billikens havent been to practices either. none of my recent stories i am referring to in this thread have to do with recruiting.

my sources on malcolm hill are myself (in the numerous games i have seen hill play, i have never seen a billiken coach at the games) and a parent of a jv player who said the billikens havent been to practices either. none of my recent stories i am referring to in this thread have to do with recruiting.

Broy, since you won't disclose RM's specific transgressions, will you at least give us a general idea of what he's been up to by answering the following with a simple yes or no answer:

1.) Would they put the school in hot water with the NCAA that leads to an investigation and possible penalties, eg Kelvin Sampson, Jim Tressel, or Bruce Pearl type deals?

2.) Would they be personally embarassing to him, eg the towel incident, the deaf player treatment, the 6 inch ballscreen (no pun intended) demonstration?

3.) Would they cause the school legal problems, eg sexual harassment, OEO problems?

4.) Would they be the Ice Cream problem, ie his abusing expense accounts or the hoops budget?

5.) Would they put the school in a publicly embarrasing situation, eg Bob Huggins penchant for DUI's, Billy Gillespie's penchant for co-eds in hot tubs, Eustachy's penchant for reliving his Animal House days?

One would believe, if these transgressions fall under category's 1 and 3, and the school knows about them and they should since you apparently do, he'd most assuredly be fired.

If number 4, that may have to be worked out between the school and RM's benefactors, ie the donors actually paying him or an outright termination for breaking school policy.

If number 2, the school will probably shrug it's shoulders and say, "he's eccentric but we knew this."

If number 5, the school would have to make a decision whether he's worth keeping around or firing him.

Broy, since you won't disclose RM's specific transgressions, will you at least give us a general idea of what he's been up to by answering the following with a simple yes or no answer:

1.) Would they put the school in hot water with the NCAA that leads to an investigation and possible penalties, eg Kelvin Sampson, Jim Tressel, or Bruce Pearl type deals?

2.) Would they be personally embarassing to him, eg the towel incident, the deaf player treatment, the 6 inch ballscreen (no pun intended) demonstration?

3.) Would they cause the school legal problems, eg sexual harassment, OEO problems?

4.) Would they be the Ice Cream problem, ie his abusing expense accounts or the hoops budget?

5.) Would they put the school in a publicly embarrasing situation, eg Bob Huggins penchant for DUI's, Billy Gillespie's penchant for co-eds in hot tubs, Eustachy's penchant for reliving his Animal House days?

One would believe, if these transgressions fall under category's 1 and 3, and the school knows about them and they should since you apparently do, he'd most assuredly be fired.

If number 4, that may have to be worked out between the school and RM's benefactors, ie the donors actually paying him or an outright termination for breaking school policy.

If number 2, the school will probably shrug it's shoulders and say, "he's eccentric but we knew this."

If number 5, the school would have to make a decision whether he's worth keeping around or firing him.

no, yes, no, yes, yes, rickma is a "rainman" genius in some respects, others, i think he is nuts.

nm

back to the thread: CS had some good minutes and I always felt comfortable when he was handling the ball.

That said I hope if he leaving we use the scholarship wisely and get a decent 5 that can give us good hands, good feet, good rebounding, good defense, and some offense-we are going to have so many shooting options with JB and KM coming in that

the rest of the team will be lucky to get a pass