Next Season Starters

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-i did not remember that JB had attended prep school,he will turn 22 during next season

-i also like mac and cheese, but have no idea who kirk franklin is

-from the article, which may have been posted long ago on this board, so sorry for any repetition...Coach Cross on Barnett:

"Jake is like the ultimate utility glue guy. He can rebound it, shoot it, handle it and defend. He does all the dirty work that nobody gets credit for and keeps the team tight and glued. He has an unbelievable work ethic that I hope becomes contagious."

Kirk Franklin is a gospel singer, makes sense since JB's pretty spiritual. I saw him this summer and he's definitely a gritty type player, but I was just pointing out something an insider told me.

Considering a player on the team told me this, I'm definitely trolling.

I'll take Majerus's word over yours. He has already publicly stated that Barnett is a very good defender. Considering that Majerus values defense over all other skills, I would say that it high praise from him and proof enough that JB can play D.

I want

PG - Mitchell

SG - Barnett

SF - Evans

PF - Loe

C - Reed

Lot of rebounding, lot of defense, lot of shooting, lot of smarts. I'd really be OK w/ running more and throwing guys in and out constantly. With Kwamain getting the most minutes of anyone. We'll finally have a full stable.

WE WILL WIN BIG NEXT YEAR. COUNT IT.

Agree 100%. I continue to hear from people that KM has made a bigger jump from soph to junior year than from frosh to soph. Scary. Evans is showing he WANTS to and CAN play. If Loe can get his shot - look out. Reed - just this: feed the Reed. Finally, I have also heard that Barnett is the best shooter on the team, again, from several people. Until the asteroid hits the Billiken bus (inevitable in my opinion) next year is looking like the best in 50+ years. Hyperbole, maybe, but likely not. And, yes, I like koolaid.

Against Chicago State

1-Mitchell

2-McCall/Jett

3-Any walk-on

4-Salecich

5-Evans

I respectfully disagree. Against Chicago State, I think the following line-up could win:

1. billikenroy

2. Matt Dickey

3. Daly

4. Slufanskip

5. Bonwich (until his knee gives out and then Sekue)

And Kshoe or Nark as coach depending who can eat the most Skyline chili.

Sorry for being disrespectful to Chi State - I should exercise more maturity.

I respectfully disagree. Against Chicago State, I think the following line-up could win:

1. billikenroy

2. Matt Dickey

3. Daly

4. Slufanskip

sorry, i'd mcglother irvin those coaches before halftime.

So who will shoot from the outside with this lineup? KM not only runs the team as PG, brings the ball up the court but also becomes our only outside threat?

Isn't 3 pt shooting JB's forte. And as someone mentioned CE and RL could be legit threats. MM would help his cause if he works on his 3. But right now, and this is all speculation, JB seems to be the most legit 3 pt threat. Of course, if our inside game is strong enough we could get a lot more open 3s w/o much defensive pressure.

Isn't 3 pt shooting JB's forte. And as someone mentioned CE and RL could be legit threats. MM would help his cause if he works on his 3. But right now, and this is all speculation, JB seems to be the most legit 3 pt threat. Of course, if our inside game is strong enough we could get a lot more open 3s w/o much defensive pressure.

Yes. JB apparently is shooter -- both 3 point and FT's. I sure hope so in that our team desparately needs such a player. From not getting Matt Roth, to not getting other players, to not having certain guys perform better from the outside to last year's JR getting injured/not really getting a chance to develop into the the shooter, we have sure struggled from the outside.

As to lineups, yes, CE and RL can hit the 3, can stretch the defense and can be/add to our outside shooting threats. And yes, assuming KM is our 1 (PG), that will automatically improve the outside shooting. Still, I believe we will need help from our guards -- by that I really mean from our 2 and 3. Our bigs must still battle inside and rebound our PG must still break the press, bring the ball down, organize the team and run the offense. As such, I do not believe we should really rely upon our 1, 4 and 5 to provide the outside shooting.

To clarify my earlier comments, RM has a good handle on which guys play better together. And as mentioned, RM can and probably will insert different combinations to create favorable matchups. As to our discussions on this thread, though, I do think that we should probably match our guys at the 2 and 3 positions to try and always include an outside shooter. That means that JB and MM (better shooters) should be on the floor along with our less good shooters (DE, KC, JJ and CS). If MM can shoot the ball, I have no problem with KM and him being on the floor at the same time despite their small size. To get players more time, KC can play the PG to relieve KM and DE could also play a few minutes at the 4. Of course, there will be times when it will be best to have MM and JB both on the floor at the same time just like there will be times when both MM and JB will both be on the bench at the same time. Still, IMO, next year's lineup should include one of our better shooters at the 2 and 3.

Thoughts?

1. billikenroy

2. Matt Dickey

3. Daly

4. Slufanskip

1. One armed midget

2. Matt Dickey

3. 12 year old girl with down syndrome

4. Rhea Pearlman

5. Danny Devito

Coach: Kwame Brown

Assisstant coach and Motivational speaker: Ryan Leaf

This line up would knock off Chicago State 37-32

Still think KC will thrive next year.

Who said he would thrive next year? People saids he'd play from 5 to 15 mpg next year, I said 20 -25 and yes, I still believe that. KC takes a lot of heat because he couldn't morph into KM, however, he's still a very valuable part of the team and will be next year also.

Much thanks too all of the replies both input wise and humor wise - Triangle is sure there will be much discussion on this point until next November. Too started this topic as too the starting lineup on day 1- and as with everything, it will evolve as the season hopefully progresses, as coaches and players improve or regress, just as in our own lives. Upper arrows and downward arrows. An interesting thing that came up was having Evans play the SG, very, very interesting. There could be ample rebounding on the front line and Evans will have too put in a lot of time in his outside shooting this summer, but it is a possibillity. All in all, Triangle stands buy Too's openning day lineup. A whole lot of quickness in 1, 2, and 3 - and Reed????/Loe plus Conklin. Thanks again.

so it goes and goes and goes.

Almost anyone on this team could be a starter next year, with CS being the only likely non-starter.

My favorite lineup (with backups following):

KM - pg/sg (MM)

KC - pg/sg (JJ)

DE - sf (JB)

CE - pf (BC/RL)

WR - c (CR)

It seems plain and maybe it is, but I think this group of players really compliment each other and they set a good stage against any opponent and get us off on the right foot. However, next year 11 guys are going to see significant minutes. It is going to be an awesome year if everything goes according to plan.

I also think we will have an awsome team next year but b/4 we get to silly, can you say STL Cardinals & Adam Wainwright?

Toonight's game solidifies Triangle's starters for Game 1 next year. Although Evans got in foul trouble early, a great 10 rebounds and 8 pts. Conklin, what can you say,"WARRIOR"!!!! - 7 reebs and 11 pts. Disrespect for Brian in next year's starting lineup is deplorable and shows a lack of basketball intelligence. Mitchell and McCall - easy.

Come-on Willie! Are you smarter than Caoch Majerus,Triangle is locking this in.

so it goes.

Toonight's game solidifies Triangle's starters for Game 1 next year. Although Evans got in foul trouble early, a great 10 rebounds and 8 pts. Conklin, what can you say,"WARRIOR"!!!! - 7 reebs and 11 pts. Disrespect for Brian in next year's starting lineup is deplorable and shows a lack of basketball intelligence. Mitchell and McCall - easy.

Come-on Willie! Are you smarter than Caoch Majerus,Triangle is locking this in.

so it goes.

I'll stick w/ my KM, KC, JB, BC, WR lineup for now. I still think RM rewards KC and BC with starting spots because they're seniors. The only change to this could be DE for JB. But it really doesn't matter. There are so many players to plug in to spots it's really almost a non issue who takes the floor for the opening tip. The key is WR making a return trip, however. He very well could be the difference between a really good season and a season for the ages.

I'll stick w/ my KM, KC, JB, BC, WR lineup for now. I still think RM rewards KC and BC with starting spots because they're seniors. The only change to this could be DE for JB. But it really doesn't matter. There are so many players to plug in to spots it's really almost a non issue who takes the floor for the opening tip. The key is WR making a return trip, however. He very well could be the difference between a really good season and a season for the ages.

If KC is playing like this next year (and I think he will be better with KM and WR back), then I don't see how he starts.

If KC is playing like this next year (and I think he will be better with KM and WR back), then I don't see how he starts.

moy, I'm basing this on RM being like his mentor, Al. Al always started his seniors even if he had better players on the bench. It was like a reward for them sticking it out. I'm guessing RM will do the same with KC and BC. That said they, especially KC if he continues playing like he has been, may not see their minutes go up because they are starters. In fact I'd expect them both to drop a few MPG. Although, BC has played pretty well this year, so he might not see a dop at all. Especially if WR does not make it back.

moy, I'm basing this on RM being like his mentor, Al. Al always started his seniors even if he had better players on the bench. It was like a reward for them sticking it out. I'm guessing RM will do the same with KC and BC. That said they, especially KC if he continues playing like he has been, may not see their minutes go up because they are starters. In fact I'd expect them both to drop a few MPG. Although, BC has played pretty well this year, so he might not see a dop at all. Especially if WR does not make it back.

Fair point.

Since its a non-issue who takes the floor on opening tip, who gets the top 5 minutes played on the team? KM, WR, MM, DE, JB

Since its a non-issue who takes the floor on opening tip, who gets the top 5 minutes played on the team? KM, WR, MM, DE, JB

That makes sense. I watched the video Steve posted. MM is very impressive with his quick first step and the way he gets to the hoop. If his 3 develops over the summer, he's gonna be something else. Matched with KM, be hard to imagine a better set of guards in the A-10. Also, BC's playing so different this year. RM's lessons on how to play inside are taking hold. He uses his hips to get guys off him w/o fouling and he's got little fakes that allow him a clear shot to the hoop. The way they played X and Richmond on the road and last night, almost gives one a glimmer of hope they might do ok in the A-10 tournament. Not predicting a miracle in Memphis thing, but if they win 2 that would be a major achievement for this group.