GDT: SLU v Portland 9:00 central 11-30-10 w/link for free stream

davidnark

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was worried this would be a trap game as we looked forward to Duke. Why couldn't we play Kansas? I hate Duke and I certainly don't want to get waxed by them.

I dont think playing a better more experinced team on the road is considered a trap game.

-we did not play a good game, not at all, well we shot a decent percentage from the field for our first road game

-but we exhibited no post defense

-ft shooting

-where was CE???? not sure he would have made a difference but why a pine brother all game?

-they shot an amazing % and won by 9 pts

-some positives to take

-lots of coaching to do

-john manning and any other big that would like to sign with us, lots of minutes available

Well as a wannabe you haven't learned that if you want to be a reporter you have to separate fanhood from business. I would suggest creating another account to post as a fan. You trash people on the internet and nobody will give you an interview.

Chill out with the career advice. Its not like he covers the Billikens or anything. Anyone who still says Rob Loe is good is either lying to themselves or not paying attention. He can't score in the low post, he can't drive, he can't defend and he can barely rebound. Add in the fact that he's prone to foul trouble and is currently cold from outside and you don't get a pretty picture.

The Fact of the matter is that we lost our 3 best scorers from last year and lost to a solid, experienced team by single digits. Hopefully, we get all three of those guys back and win the A-10.

Duke could beat us by 50 if they wanted.

Chill out with the career advice. Its not like he covers the Billikens or anything. Anyone who still says Rob Loe is good is either lying to themselves or not paying attention. He can't score in the low post, he can't drive, he can't defend and he can barely rebound. Add in the fact that he's prone to foul trouble and is currently cold from outside and you don't get a pretty picture.

The Fact of the matter is that we lost our 3 best scorers from last year and lost to a solid, experienced team by single digits. Hopefully, we get all three of those guys back and win the A-10.

Rob Loe could dunk on you 21 times in a pick up game if he wanted.

-we get your point on RL

Well as a wannabe you haven't learned that if you want to be a reporter you have to separate fanhood from business. I would suggest creating another account to post as a fan. You trash people on the internet and nobody will give you an interview.

O5, I do understand that I have to separate business from fanhood. Unfortunately because of other commitments, I haven't done much work on my website lately. But I was going to have someone else write the billikens stuff because I am a fan of the team, and i would be partial. Maybe I should change my username, but it is what it is. I don't want to hide behind some username. Speaking of interviews, I need to do more of those soon.

And its not like you see me bashing guys on here all the time. I was just extremely frustrated tonight like a lot of us. It's hard work being a bills fan. But you know that. ;)

Seriously, why do you feel the need to make this point over and over again? I think we get it.

I was worried this would be a trap game as we looked forward to Duke. Why couldn't we play Kansas? I hate Duke and I certainly don't want to get waxed by them.

Ellis this is going to be a long season without you get well soon.

The only way I could see CR playing well tonight would be if both Loe and Ellis were on fire-eventually Sikma, Hannibal, Knudsen started thinking they could hit jumpers outside the paint.

We didn't appreciate Ian Vouyakis when we had him...this was very hard to watch,

You would like to say that Jett and MCCall had good games but they made no penetration passes.

The only thing that would be worse than this would be if coach was anxious and lost faith in the eventuality of his system.

I was looking for Duke tickets now I'm afraid I might find some.

Conklin's free throw % age 33% may have been slightly better than the whole teams-that had to be energy sapping.

Rob Loe could dunk on you 21 times in a pick up game if he wanted.

First of all, I doubt that, especially since we would probably play to 11. Secondly, I would be at least 21 times worse out there than he is and I'm not denying it. But that's the dumbest argument of all time. After the georgia game, everyone on here was going crazy talking about how Loe was the best freshman since Hughes. I said we should cool it, and you can't judge off of a hot-shooting performance. That said, we probably can't judge off of an off-game like tonight. He is somewhere in between, and he has a long way to go.

Yeah, Rob Loe sucks. NH, you're becoming a joke on here.

First of all, I doubt that, especially since we would probably play to 11. Secondly, I would be at least 21 times worse out there than he is and I'm not denying it. But that's the dumbest argument of all time. After the georgia game, everyone on here was going crazy talking about how Loe was the best freshman since Hughes. I said we should cool it, and you can't judge off of a hot-shooting performance. That said, we probably can't judge off of an off-game like tonight. He is somewhere in between, and he has a long way to go.

I have no idea why we would get excited by a 6'11" freshman forward who scored 19 points and hit 5 three pointers against a BCS school in his 2nd career game. Makes no sense to me.

Jett and MCCall had good games but they made no penetration passes.

Willie made no penetration passes either. I'm afraid this season might regress into me just finding ways to laugh about that completely legal gangbang that went on. Ho well...

Because he needs to feel superior in his basketball knowledge.

Cool, bro.

I'm sorry, you have more student points than me so I'll just shut up. I forgot we're not allowed to say anything negative. If you do it means you think you're a better recruiter than Majerus, you think you know more about basketball than everyone else, and you hate foreign players.

Cory Remekun had a pretty bad game today too. They all did (sans the three american freshman, am I allowed to say that).

If only I managed the volleyball team and was allowed to have an opinion on SLU stuff.

You know what, you are completely right!!!! And those pro scouts that have been scouting him for over a year now are complete idiots!

Rob Loe would t-bag you 11, 14, 21, or 99 times if he wanted to.

I have no idea why we would get excited by a 6'11" freshman forward who scored 19 points and hit 5 three pointers against a BCS school in his 2nd career game. Makes no sense to me.

Exactly..