GDT: SLU v Portland 9:00 central 11-30-10 w/link for free stream

davidnark

How can you say that? Rob Loe stretches the floor well and is great from the perimeter. He does struggle from down low and Majerus should creat a lineup including Loe and Remekun so there is the height on the outside as well as the threat inside.

Who's the inside threat? Remeken had 2 points and 1 rebound in 22 minutes. We have no inside threat besides Evans. Ellis and Loe's values are greatly diminished due to our lack of inside players.

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's the inside threat? Remeken had 2 points and 1 rebound in 22 minutes. We have no inside threat besides Evans. Ellis and Loe's values are greatly diminished due to our lack of inside players.

Remeken has struggled recently, but was great off the bench last year. Loe also is the second leading scorer on the team.

Remeken has struggled recently, but was great off the bench last year. Loe also is the second leading scorer on the team.

I don't know if I would say Remeken was "great" off the bench last year. It seems like all anyone remembers of Cory from last season is the final game of the CBI where he had a very good game. If he was that good off the bench last year I don't think Rick would have wanted to redshirt him this year. I think Cory can be a very good player and his game will improve much this year. However, I don't ever see him being a starter if we want to be a tourney team.

Chill out with the career advice. Its not like he covers the Billikens or anything. Anyone who still says Rob Loe is good is either lying to themselves or not paying attention. He can't score in the low post, he can't drive, he can't defend and he can barely rebound. Add in the fact that he's prone to foul trouble and is currently cold from outside and you don't get a pretty picture.

The Fact of the matter is that we lost our 3 best scorers from last year and lost to a solid, experienced team by single digits. Hopefully, we get all three of those guys back and win the A-10.

Duke could beat us by 50 if they wanted.

I'd go back and read some of your predictions for Cory and realize that besides reading some crap on the internet you barely have a clue before I started making posts like that.

I'd go back and read some of your predictions for Cory and realize that besides reading some crap on the internet you barely have a clue before I started making posts like that.

I couldn't watch or listen to the game

A few things I noticed from the box score is we shot decent on the road. That's usually what kills us, we can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Has RM complaining about not enough baskets for them to practice free throws on given them an excuse to not be very good? 6-17? Seriously?

They go 15-25 from Sikma and their center and we only commit 17 fouls in the game. I know committing fouls isn't neccessarily a sign that we were making it tough inside, but a lack of them when they seem to be scoring at will in the paint, would indicate they had far too much room to operate and we didn't get pissed.

I don't even know what you mean by that but thats fine. Stlsportsstream and I can always just start a blog where we dog people and hate on foreigners.

Kid, so part of your imperceptive hatred for Rob Loe is because he is a "foreigner"?

You threw a hissy fit on another thread when I suggested that Goofy Guy Phillips welcomed Rob with a special enthusiastic introduction as a courtesy in that Rob Loe took the risk of coming 9,000 miles, left his comfortable environment to the challenge of competing here against higher caliber athletes. He is a minority in the world of NCAA basketball.

AND Rob Loe will be a top notch contributor, maybe even a star. If he had a supporting cast, he would be a lot more consistent already. Give him some time, some leeway.

Here is my question, if Majerus benches Ellis because he isn't playing defense, what does he do with the rest of the inside players after last night? I didn't see any inside defense last night.

This has been an ongoing problem with Ellis. Majerus has been on him hard about defense and rebounding since he arrived last year.

Kid, so part of your imperceptive hatred for Rob Loe is because he is a "foreigner"?

You threw a hissy fit on another thread when I suggested that Goofy Guy Phillips welcomed Rob with a special enthusiastic introduction as a courtesy in that Rob Loe took the risk of coming 9,000 miles, left his comfortable environment to the challenge of competing here against higher caliber athletes. He is a minority in the world of NCAA basketball.

AND Rob Loe will be a top notch contributor, maybe even a star. If he had a supporting cast, he would be a lot more consistent already. Give him some time, some leeway.

Yeah, I hate foreigners and on top of that I just blatantly come out and talk about it. I'm also a flaming racist. And I hate elderly people. And since you couldn't tell the first time, that was sarcasm.

I don't disagree with anything you said regarding Loe. He will be a star. And I don't blame him for his difficulties right now. He is more than talented enough to contribute, he just isn't physically there yet. That is my opinion anyways.

I thought Cory would be playing better than he is. I still think we play better with him on the floor, but he can't score with his back to the basket and he isn't rebounding enough.

I still don't think Rob deserves that much more credit because he came from far away. He wants to play in the NBA and America is his way to do that. He's using SLU, SLU's using him and that's the system.

In other news, I tried to get a sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit from the Business School today but they were out. I've about had it with the John Cook School of Business. Ruined my basketball season and now my breakfast.

I heard that the breakfast burritos were trying to run a train on the donuts and the sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits were caught near the situation. They are now permanently banned from campus unless they admit to being high in cholesterol and sodium.

I don't know if I would say Remeken was "great" off the bench last year. It seems like all anyone remembers of Cory from last season is the final game of the CBI where he had a very good game. If he was that good off the bench last year I don't think Rick would have wanted to redshirt him this year. I think Cory can be a very good player and his game will improve much this year. However, I don't ever see him being a starter if we want to be a tourney team.

Without WR and KM this team isn't even close to a tourney team. They haven't proved a thing all year. They beat a Division II Rockhurst team, and two subpar teams in Tennessee State and IUPUI. Austin Peay is also not having a good season. I think it's safe to say this is going to be a rough year.

The freshmen had 18 of our 21 rebounds and 40 of our 60 points. We'll be better next year, but still not good if we don't get better big men. Manning may help, but we also need another forward that can defend, rebound and score inside.

If Ellis and Loe still can't help in those categories next year we need two.

In a game in which we needed scoring and help from our upper classmen, Cassity took only five shots. If the upper classmen are playing up to their potential then they were overated. If KM and WR were on the team and the sophomores and other juniors were playing like they are now, we would HAVE to depend on the freshmen to help us get to the NCAA tournament. Of course, if KM and WR were on the team some of the freshmen would not have had the opportunity to show the ability they have.

In a game in which we needed scoring and help from our upper classmen, Cassity took only five shots. If the upper classmen are playing up to their potential then they were overated. If KM and WR were on the team and the sophomores and other juniors were playing like they are now, we would HAVE to depend on the freshmen to help us get to the NCAA tournament. Of course, if KM and WR were on the team some of the freshmen would not have had the opportunity to show the ability they have.

I would argue that IF willie and Kwamain were here, the pressure would be taken off remekun, cassity, loe and ellis.

Funny that people actually believe Willie's "story". He should have put actual thought into it before putting it in print.

Ummmmm, I'm pretty sure he didn't right the police report, which basically confirmed his story. Is it ok if I believe the police report?

Juco 5 Beast Eunuch that can rebound and oh did I say spends after hours in gym making free throws and library studying rocket science and biology so his GRE scores will be higher; oh yeah and can he have an identical twin sister to help Shimmy?

Juco 5 Beast Eunuch that can rebound and oh did I say spends after hours in gym making free throws and library studying rocket science and biology so his GRE scores will be higher; oh yeah and can he have an identical twin sister to help Simmy?

Im pretty sure Matt Dickey studies astrophysics, is he who you might be thinking of?

The identical twin sister also looks just like Theresa Lisch, except she hates all guys who play for Illinois or who have a dumb name like Trent.

Im pretty sure Matt Dickey studies astrophysics, is he who you might be thinking of?

The identical twin sister also looks just like Theresa Lisch, except she hates all guys who play for Illinois or who have a dumb name like Trent.

Thanks NH it means a lot to me that we are the same wavelength here-look up Otto Porter. Jr from Scott County, MO although we rarely get kids from the Bible Belt RM and staff got us Reid and Reed from Jayhawker country.

Maybe the kid would like to be coached by Porter Moser. I hope he is too good for SEMO where his dad went and the Sikeston paper updates his height to 6 foot 9 no recent weight was 190 starting junior year

Thanks NH it means a lot to me that we are the same wavelength here-look up Otto Porter. Jr from Scott County, MO although we rarely get kids from the Bible Belt RM and staff got us Reid and Reed from Jayhawker country.

Maybe the kid would like to be coached by Porter Moser. I hope he is too good for SEMO where his dad went and the Sikeston paper updates his height to 6 foot 9 no recent weight was 190 starting junior year

He has offers from Georgetown and Mizzou, so yes, I would say he's too good for SEMO most likely. He would be an extremely good get.