What happened

bauman

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you guys have all heard of the game where a bunch of people sit around a table and one person starts by whispering a statement in someone's ear. By the time the statement makes it back to the person who started it's usually completely different than what was first stated, or at least incredibly embellished. Billikens.com has become two straight weeks of all of us playing that game. You have to admit it's sort of fun, or at least like watching a train wreck; you can't take your eyes off of it.

This is the most sensical post the past three weeks.

This thread in particular has speculation based on speculation based on top of "what I heard" posts. Who knows what is true.

Facts are few and far between.

Can't we just put them on double secret probation and move on?

I think sending them to bed early without dessert ought to do it...

Or writing 'I will not put myself in potentially compromising situations' 2000 times on a chalkboard...

Or waterboarding...

Or detention with Professor Snape....

All valid alternative punishments

and why didnt the players have a "personal advisor" attend with them? shame on the athletic dept/basketball coaches for not being there or at least making sure a mentor/parental type wasnt there. the alegations are of a serious nature enough that the players side should have been more prepared. to assume nothing was going to happen or could happen was naive. not saying our players should have had that foresight they are barely legal age. but i would hope the coaches and athletic dept could see at least the faintest chance of where this could lead. to leave that open to the players own defenses and means was not smart.

Roy,

How exactly do you know that the players didn't have a personal advisor with them? The original poster who started this discussion said they attended "without legal support". Maybe a coach went with them. Or offered to go with them. Or called and talked to their parents about their best stragegy. Before you declare "shame" on someone it would be nice to know the facts - which I don't believe either of us know.

If nothing else, the obscure pop-culture references should put this one in the running for Best Thread Ever. ;)

If you think a thread about the possibilty of our team's hard worked being destroyed could make the list of "Best Threads Ever", I'll meet your ass in Salinas. And you KNOW I'll have my PAYSTUBS.

Posted Image

Can someone find the clip of Al Pacino in Sent of a Woman when he defends Charlie? That's what the boys needed - "I'll take a flamethrower to this place!"

And Jimmy Trent Tommie... Wherever you are out there...F U too!!!!!!

I'm kind of confused as to what people believe a coach could have done to make things easier during the hearing.

It is total BS if the girl had a law team on hand and the players didn't.

No. It's total BS -- Kangaroo Court -- if attorneys are even involved on either side. If well-meaning, volunteer, college students are supposed to play "Judge" w/o any formal training or skills other than a high school degree, then what good does it do if both sides lawyer-up leaving the student "judges" with their heads spinning. IMO, if students feel the need or believe they will be better served if attorneys are involved, then this should be a warning that probably the Student Court is not the proper body to be rendering a decision.

Here, it sounds like the girl's father is clearly using the Student Court and Student Code to seek justice after law enforcement chose to decline.

-as band legend makes clear we are getting our panties in a bunch or all hot and bothered or whatever pun you want to insert (yep another one) over a situation where we know very little to nothing

-this latest scrum is initiated with a post that starts "Story that I've been told...." no offense 72fan

-then we have posters blaming each other and all other factors in the world and the POST IN QUESTION STARTS WITH "STORY THAT I'VE BEEN TOLD..."

-ok, i heard FrB met with Professor Plum in the Conservatory to try to make this whole thing go away with the promise of a statue being erected (yep another one) in honor of our wrestling team winning nationals last season and the staute depicts a series of wrestling holds

This wasn't a case of her father attending. I was just told that her family hired multiple attorneys who presented piles of information and that the players were blind-sided. If what I was told is correct, then it is an absolute outrage. The university's internal process should not allow paid attorneys to present a case against in an internal student disciplinary process--particularly when the players' lives and futures are at stake. Let's call it what it is -- rich girl's daddy hiring a group of attorneys to get her revenge. I don't fault the father. I would probably be just as angry and willing to do the same for my daughter, but I can certainly fault the university for allowing the dad to get away with it.

Exactly. I understand where the father of the girl is coming from. But for the university to allow the students to be ambushed by the girl's legal team (if the rumor is true) is more than disappointing, it's sickening.