I can't believe RM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe RM is going to pocket the last scholarship for the class of 2011. So is there another player that SLU is going to sign this spring period. If so, who?

If we dont get transfer I dont think were getting anybody

If we dont get transfer I dont think were getting anybody

Majok Majok is going to sign with a team within the next 2 weeks or so. We've made an offer and I think we're probably at a 30-40% chance of getting him.

If his cousin at UConn wants to transfer, we'd have a spot for both of them because Femi will be granted an injury opt-out or whatever its called pretty soon. Although Ater is 2 years older, they'd finish their last seasons of eligibility together. I'd say getting Ater is probably around a 5-10% chance. That would put us at 5 players from the continent of Australia. It's win win for the Bills. We either land 1 or 2 Majoks or have a couple of offers to make to top 50 players next year. With the WR and KM class reaching their senior year for our next recruiting classes freshmen, I think we would be one of the most appealing teams for a recruit in the country. We'll likely be a top 10 team and there will be opportunities to fill some major holes after that class graduates. I hope we can make an offer to Bradley Beal.

He's the number 2 shooting guard in the country and he's from St. Louis (Chaminade). He'd have one year under Kwamain's mentoring and then he'd likely have the starting spot as our shooting guard sealed for his sophomore year. Jordair Jett and Mike McCall are definitely pure point guards and he'd only have competition from Salecich and Evans both of whom could switch to a small forward position if Beal were in.

You can't ask for more than that...

...being part of a top 10 team, playing with 2 likely draft prospects, playing under the mentorship of a draft prospects, having the opportunity to play 35+ minutes/gm as a sophomore, and being within 30 minutes of home. Not to mention the opportunity to play for Rick, at the Arena, and have a strong supporting cast of players at other positions. I think if the Atlantic 10 or whatever conference SLU becomes a part of gets recognition as a premier conference, he'd switch from Florida in a heartbeat. Problem we face is time. He'll likely sign in November with whatever team he chooses and I don't think SLU will have enough games under their belt to prove their worthiness of a recruit of his caliber. Could be revolutionary for Billikens basketball though.

Yo ... bk .... there's "drinking the Blue Kool-Aid' as some have suggested. You, however, must have an IV shooting right into the main vein or something. Nevermind Majok and Beal, you've got us as a "likely top 10 team?" Based on what, recruiting? That is one hellova leap of faith, buddy, given that thisis a program that hasn't seen the relative light of day for decades let alone breathing the rarified air of "Top Ten Peak." I recall others, from Grawer to Spoonn to Sodey, all talking abou thow great this recruit or that recruit was and how that would put us over the top. I heard it about Tony Manuel, Tyrone Caswell, Donnie Adkins, Larry Hughes, Ricky Cranford, Corey Frazier, Justin Tatum, Tommie Liddell, Kevin Lisch and Dwayne Polk. Only one or two real studs in that group. Granted, Majerus seems to know better and develop better, but a jump to Top Ten?"

Would you agree that last year's team overachieved? Will this year's overachieve, remain static or regress? You don't know. i don't know. We don't know. I have unbridled optimism for next year and the year beyond, but all it takes is one shard of displaced sharpnel from soem criminal claim and ---- BOOM! --- shoulda-woulda-coulda is back in vogue.

Cart. Horse. You.

Yo ... bk .... there's "drinking the Blue Kool-Aid' as some have suggested. You, however, must have an IV shooting right into the main vein or something. Nevermind Majok and Beal, you've got us as a "likely top 10 team?" Based on what, recruiting? That is one hellova leap of faith, buddy, given that thisis a program that hasn't seen the relative light of day for decades let alone breathing the rarified air of "Top Ten Peak." I recall others, from Grawer to Spoonn to Sodey, all talking abou thow great this recruit or that recruit was and how that would put us over the top. I heard it about Tony Manuel, Tyrone Caswell, Donnie Adkins, Larry Hughes, Ricky Cranford, Corey Frazier, Justin Tatum, Tommie Liddell, Kevin Lisch and Dwayne Polk. Only one or two real studs in that group. Granted, Majerus seems to know better and develop better, but a jump to Top Ten?"

Would you agree that last year's team overachieved? Will this year's overachieve, remain static or regress? You don't know. i don't know. We don't know. I have unbridled optimism for next year and the year beyond, but all it takes is one shard of displaced sharpnel from soem criminal claim and ---- BOOM! --- shoulda-woulda-coulda is back in vogue.

Cart. Horse. You.

I thought Beal verballed to FL?

One of the big reasons Beal verballed to Florida was Austin Rivers gave Florida a verbal. Rivers has now reopened his recruitment.

Bradley Beal has no interest in SLU. He never has and never will. Those of you who keep writing things to suggest he does are wrong. If he backs out of his verbal to Florida, he will end up at another big-time school, not SLU.

If we sign Majok Majok, then we are out of scholarships regardless of what Femi does, which would mean we would have no so spot for Ater Majok. We have only one scholarship left.

Majok Majok is going to sign with a team within the next 2 weeks or so. We've made an offer and I think we're probably at a 30-40% chance of getting him.

If his cousin at UConn wants to transfer, we'd have a spot for both of them because Femi will be granted an injury opt-out or whatever its called pretty soon. Although Ater is 2 years older, they'd finish their last seasons of eligibility together. I'd say getting Ater is probably around a 5-10% chance. That would put us at 5 players from the continent of Australia. It's win win for the Bills. We either land 1 or 2 Majoks or have a couple of offers to make to top 50 players next year. With the WR and KM class reaching their senior year for our next recruiting classes freshmen, I think we would be one of the most appealing teams for a recruit in the country. We'll likely be a top 10 team and there will be opportunities to fill some major holes after that class graduates. I hope we can make an offer to Bradley Beal.

He's the number 2 shooting guard in the country and he's from St. Louis (Chaminade). He'd have one year under Kwamain's mentoring and then he'd likely have the starting spot as our shooting guard sealed for his sophomore year. Jordair Jett and Mike McCall are definitely pure point guards and he'd only have competition from Salecich and Evans both of whom could switch to a small forward position if Beal were in.

You can't ask for more than that...

...being part of a top 10 team, playing with 2 likely draft prospects, playing under the mentorship of a draft prospects, having the opportunity to play 35+ minutes/gm as a sophomore, and being within 30 minutes of home. Not to mention the opportunity to play for Rick, at the Arena, and have a strong supporting cast of players at other positions. I think if the Atlantic 10 or whatever conference SLU becomes a part of gets recognition as a premier conference, he'd switch from Florida in a heartbeat. Problem we face is time. He'll likely sign in November with whatever team he chooses and I don't think SLU will have enough games under their belt to prove their worthiness of a recruit of his caliber. Could be revolutionary for Billikens basketball though.

Bradley Beal has no interest in SLU. He never has and never will. Those of you who keep writing things to suggest he does are wrong. If he backs out of his verbal to Florida, he will end up at another big-time school, not SLU.

I never said he was going to end up at SLU. He asked about his verbal to Florida.

seriously, are we really discussing rickma agonizing over scholarship numbers? now that's funny.

Cart. Horse. You.

I think Ricky Cranford could have gotten us to the top 10 if he could have handled the ball and shot well. I mean after all he did lead NYC in scoring didn't he.

personally i have decided we should garner an NIT bid before we discuss top ten rankings.

I can't believe RM is going to pocket the last scholarship for the class of 2011. So is there another player that SLU is going to sign this spring period. If so, who?

Two weeks ago I was a proponent of saving the last scholarship. Now, I'm more neutral on the subject largely because of the off court recent activities. Like it or not, there is a chance, small or large, that one or two of the current players will not play for SLU again.

Getting another player into the program would protect us if the worst occurs. A freshman would obviously be available to play next year and would protect next season better. A transfer would protect us from not having enough players for a full 5 on 5 practice as well as be better prepared to step in and contribute in 2011-12 than a freshman that season likely would.

Assume we hold the scholly and the worst occurs and 2 players are not back. We'd be down to 9 scholarship players plus Eckerle. Thats before any injuries.

If the staff was 50/50 on saving the scholarship before (and I have no idea if they were or not), they certainly have to be leaning towards not saving it now...

personally i have decided we should garner an NIT bid before we discuss top ten rankings.

always a debbie downer. That don't make no damn sense Roy. Screw them baby tournaments we're going from CBI runner ups to NCAA champions. F..k sweet 16, elite 8, and final four. They're all just piddly little stepping stones to the Billiken becoming a National treasure.

Two weeks ago I was a proponent of saving the last scholarship. Now, I'm more neutral on the subject largely because of the off court recent activities. Like it or not, there is a chance, small or large, that one or two of the current players will not play for SLU again.

Getting another player into the program would protect us if the worst occurs. A freshman would obviously be available to play next year and would protect next season better. A transfer would protect us from not having enough players for a full 5 on 5 practice as well as be better prepared to step in and contribute in 2011-12 than a freshman that season likely would.

Assume we hold the scholly and the worst occurs and 2 players are not back. We'd be down to 9 scholarship players plus Eckerle. Thats before any injuries.

If the staff was 50/50 on saving the scholarship before (and I have no idea if they were or not), they certainly have to be leaning towards not saving it now...

I think it's simple. If you can get a player you want, you take him regardless of the situation. If you can't you don't lower your standards and just take a guy.

Even if we have no scholarships available next year .... someone will leave and we'll have posts claiming RM is a meanie, but Billiken basketball will continue to move forward

always a debbie downer. That don't make no damn sense Roy. Screw them baby tournaments we're going from CBI runner ups to NCAA champions. F..k sweet 16, elite 8, and final four. They're all just piddly little stepping stones to the Billiken becoming a National treasure.

Your my man Skip.