I can't believe RM

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me where Scout and ESPN get their information. On ESPN they have Majok considering, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Valpo, Siena, and Fairfield. But on scout it says high interest in Colorado and SLU. Do any of these sites really know anything? I was under the impression that BC was a front runner for him, but they are not listed on either site.

Can someone tell me where Scout and ESPN get their information. On ESPN they have Majok considering, Georgia Tech, Oklahoma, Valpo, Siena, and Fairfield. But on scout it says high interest in Colorado and SLU. Do any of these sites really know anything? I was under the impression that BC was a front runner for him, but they are not listed on either site.

Those are both old updates. Scout is really good on the top 25 guys or so.

He did verbally commit to Florida. There is talk of Beal decommitting. I'm not saying he's coming to SLU but it sounds like he has changed his mind on Florida.

Hope so. Who knows, maybe he's looking at what's taking place at SLU these days and figures he can fit in pretty well here. Would he be the reason we're holding back a scholie until 2011?

Hope so. Who knows, maybe he's looking at what's taking place at SLU these days and figures he can fit in pretty well here. Would he be the reason we're holding back a scholie until 2011?

i dont recall reading officially on the slu website or stltoday that femi john is definitely done with basketball and giving up his scholarship. maybe we really dont have a scholarship to give.

Majok Majok is going to sign with a team within the next 2 weeks or so. We've made an offer and I think we're probably at a 30-40% chance of getting him.

If his cousin at UConn wants to transfer, we'd have a spot for both of them because Femi will be granted an injury opt-out or whatever its called pretty soon. Although Ater is 2 years older, they'd finish their last seasons of eligibility together. I'd say getting Ater is probably around a 5-10% chance. That would put us at 5 players from the continent of Australia. It's win win for the Bills. We either land 1 or 2 Majoks or have a couple of offers to make to top 50 players next year. With the WR and KM class reaching their senior year for our next recruiting classes freshmen, I think we would be one of the most appealing teams for a recruit in the country. We'll likely be a top 10 team and there will be opportunities to fill some major holes after that class graduates. I hope we can make an offer to Bradley Beal.

He's the number 2 shooting guard in the country and he's from St. Louis (Chaminade). He'd have one year under Kwamain's mentoring and then he'd likely have the starting spot as our shooting guard sealed for his sophomore year. Jordair Jett and Mike McCall are definitely pure point guards and he'd only have competition from Salecich and Evans both of whom could switch to a small forward position if Beal were in.

You can't ask for more than that...

...being part of a top 10 team, playing with 2 likely draft prospects, playing under the mentorship of a draft prospects, having the opportunity to play 35+ minutes/gm as a sophomore, and being within 30 minutes of home. Not to mention the opportunity to play for Rick, at the Arena, and have a strong supporting cast of players at other positions. I think if the Atlantic 10 or whatever conference SLU becomes a part of gets recognition as a premier conference, he'd switch from Florida in a heartbeat. Problem we face is time. He'll likely sign in November with whatever team he chooses and I don't think SLU will have enough games under their belt to prove their worthiness of a recruit of his caliber. Could be revolutionary for Billikens basketball though.

You guys are killing bk18 for saying SLU will be an attractive destination for next year's senior class and they could be a top 10 team in 2011-12? I think both of them are legitimate possibilities. I really believe we're going to be a Top 25 team next year (assuming legal issues don't remove any players). We were pretty damn good at the end of the year, everyone who played significant minutes is back, and the recruiting class looks promising. If you believe that we can be a top 25 team next year, then it's not too far of a leap to the Top 10 when you consider we'll have everyone back again the next year. Obviously lots of things must go right for that to happen. Everyone needs to improve, legal issues must be resolved with everyone back, the freshmen must be good, injuries need to be minimal, etc. But it's certainly not out of the question. And if all of the above happens, it would not be unbelievable for a hometown kid to want to play for the Bills. I have no idea who Bradley Beal is and it sounds like he's already commited to Florida, but we are going to be an attractive destination for next year's senior class. Hopefully if we have a scholarship to use we can sign someone who is an impact player.

You guys are killing bk18 for saying SLU will be an attractive destination for next year's senior class and they could be a top 10 team in 2011-12? I think both of them are legitimate possibilities. I really believe we're going to be a Top 25 team next year (assuming legal issues don't remove any players). We were pretty damn good at the end of the year, everyone who played significant minutes is back, and the recruiting class looks promising. If you believe that we can be a top 25 team next year, then it's not too far of a leap to the Top 10 when you consider we'll have everyone back again the next year. Obviously lots of things must go right for that to happen. Everyone needs to improve, legal issues must be resolved with everyone back, the freshmen must be good, injuries need to be minimal, etc. But it's certainly not out of the question. And if all of the above happens, it would not be unbelievable for a hometown kid to want to play for the Bills. I have no idea who Bradley Beal is and it sounds like he's already commited to Florida, but we are going to be an attractive destination for next year's senior class. Hopefully if we have a scholarship to use we can sign someone who is an impact player.

No we are killing BK for being stupid. Brad Beal is not coming to SLU. Majok Majok is not even visiting SLU so I find it doubtful that he is coming. We may be top 10, but I don't know if we have the talent level yet. Next year's senior lass will most likely have committed by the time we get success.

No we are killing BK for being stupid. Brad Beal is not coming to SLU. Majok Majok is not even visiting SLU so I find it doubtful that he is coming. We may be top 10, but I don't know if we have the talent level yet. Next year's senior lass will most likely have committed by the time we get success.

I'm gonna work on Beal. I'll let you guys know.

I'm gonna work on Beal. I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for the dedication, Johnny.

Sincerely,

Section 108

BK also said that Beal would have one year under Kwamain's mentoring and then take over the starting shooting guard spot as a sophomore at SLU. 1st of all Kwamain plays pg. 2nd, not only would Beal start as a freshman, he's probably the best player on the team as a freshman. He has a shot to possibly be a one-and-done player. He's a top 10 player in the country. Those guys are expected to 1st round picks year in and year out.

BK also said that Beal would have one year under Kwamain's mentoring and then take over the starting shooting guard spot as a sophomore at SLU. 1st of all Kwamain plays pg. 2nd, not only would Beal start as a freshman, he's probably the best player on the team as a freshman. He has a shot to possibly be a one-and-done player. He's a top 10 player in the country. Those guys are expected to 1st round picks year in and year out.

Very true. Let's face it, Beal isn't coming here. It would be nice, but won't happen.

I know another player from St. Louis and in this that class we have already offered is Christian Kirk. I'm sure the coaching staff has a plan in place for this scholarship.

Wow can't believe how ignorant people on this board are.

Sorry to be frank...but you're dumb. Can't believe you wasted so much time writing that nonsense and I'm even more disappointed I wasted mine reading it.

Yo ... bk .... there's "drinking the Blue Kool-Aid' as some have suggested. You, however, must have an IV shooting right into the main vein or something. Nevermind Majok and Beal, you've got us as a "likely top 10 team?" Based on what, recruiting? That is one hellova leap of faith, buddy, given that thisis a program that hasn't seen the relative light of day for decades let alone breathing the rarified air of "Top Ten Peak." I recall others, from Grawer to Spoonn to Sodey, all talking abou thow great this recruit or that recruit was and how that would put us over the top. I heard it about Tony Manuel, Tyrone Caswell, Donnie Adkins, Larry Hughes, Ricky Cranford, Corey Frazier, Justin Tatum, Tommie Liddell, Kevin Lisch and Dwayne Polk. Only one or two real studs in that group. Granted, Majerus seems to know better and develop better, but a jump to Top Ten?"

Would you agree that last year's team overachieved? Will this year's overachieve, remain static or regress? You don't know. i don't know. We don't know. I have unbridled optimism for next year and the year beyond, but all it takes is one shard of displaced sharpnel from soem criminal claim and ---- BOOM! --- shoulda-woulda-coulda is back in vogue.

Cart. Horse. You.

Majok Majok is not coming to SLU

Brad Beal is not coming to SLU

Ben McLemore is not coming to SLU

Bradley Beal has no interest in SLU. He never has and never will. Those of you who keep writing things to suggest he does are wrong. If he backs out of his verbal to Florida, he will end up at another big-time school, not SLU.

personally i have decided we should garner an NIT bid before we discuss top ten rankings.

++1

w/ regards to:

We'll likely be a top 10 team

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/columns/stor...&id=5181110

Pat Forde of ESPN.com has us in ranked somewhere between 11 and 25 for next year. I think its pretty fair to speculate that a team without any seniors is going to be a top 10 team the following year after being ranked 11-25 by Pat Forde YESTERDAY at 11:43 AM. Just letting you know, there's nothing wrong with drinking the blue kool-aid when ESPN analysts say its safe to drink. And if you think Willie or Kwamain are going to go pro after next year, I would agree that it is a possibility, but its still equally as speculative.

He'd have one year under Kwamain's mentoring

1st of all Kwamain plays pg.

So STL Hoops Insider, how can you call yourself an insider of STL hoops and make such an ignorant comment.

So 1st of all, how do you know Kwamain will only play PG next year? If you use your "insider" knowledge you'd know that we just signed 2 PG's for next year (Jett and McCall). Do you really think Kwamain who played 32.8 mpg last year needs 2 backups? Not to mention CS and KC played some fill in PG last year. I think Kwamain will try some time at the 2 spot and regardless just because you are a point guard doesn't mean you can't mentor a shooting guard.

2nd, how do you know Beal is going to play only SG in college? He's 6'2''. You said he's going to be a 1st round draft pick after his first year of college as well? Your making that judgement off of 3 years of high school. And if you are so confident he'll play one year of college, you better bet he's going to try some time at the PG spot. Not too many NBA teams are going to want a 6'2'' shooting guard. That's about average size for an NBA PG.

I hope we can make an offer to Bradley Beal.

I think this is reasonable to hope for and least speculate about. This interesting statistic from Rivals. "Since 2003, just 372 of 1,200 players (31 percent) on Rivals .com's Top 150 list stayed home for college. And 18 of 80 top-10 players did so (22.5 percent)." You have to realize that a lot of the players who went away from home for college probably did it because there wasn't a good team in their home state. If SLU becomes what many analysts are predicting, it will be worthy of Beal's consideration. Beal may not have mentioned SLU as an option last year, but that was when we were ranked above 80. I bet if Beal mentioned SLU as an option he's considering, you'd all jump on the bandwagon.

I cant believe how ignorant you are.

Beal is in the 6'3"-6'4" range. Nowhere is he listed as 6'2" and having seen him play many times I can tell you that his listed height is accurate. Secondly, he would surely start on SLU's team.

We offered Beal before and he didn't even list us in his top four. Why would that change? Because we win some games. If he decommites he will go to Duke, Kansas or Kentucky. But he wont de-commit.

I don't think we will be a top ten team with our current talent level, but I think we can agree to disagree on that.

Kwamain is a PG and he was a PG last year. If RM wants to do whats best for the team and what is best for Kwamain, he will continue to play PG.

I cant believe how ignorant you are.

Beal is in the 6'3"-6'4" range. Nowhere is he listed as 6'2" and having seen him play many times I can tell you that his listed height is accurate. Secondly, he would surely start on SLU's team.

Kwamain is a PG and he was a PG last year. If RM wants to do whats best for the team and what is best for Kwamain, he will continue to play PG.

If I am an inch off, it's not that much. Not to mention, players usually add an inch to their actual height. JJ was listed as 6'0'' http://saintlouis.scout.com/a.z?s=437&...amp;nid=4552388 and the athletic department has him at 5'9''.

I never said Kwamain will for sure be playing SG, I just think that both he and Beal aren't locked to one position only - they are both guards and could switch to the other position.

If I am an inch off, it's not that much. Not to mention, players usually add an inch to their actual height. JJ was listed as 6'0'' http://saintlouis.scout.com/a.z?s=437&...amp;nid=4552388 and the athletic department has him at 5'9''.

I never said Kwamain will for sure be playing SG, I just think that both he and Beal aren't locked to one position only - they are both guards and could switch to the other position.

Most of the top 50 players are going to opt for the glamour schools no matter where they are, so don't get your hopes up for Brad Beal or any other ranked player who comes from St.L. We've been rejected too many times since landing The Legend, and that was by default because of his brother. The only way we're ever gonna be able to compete for these kids is to win big and get in a better conference with a really solid TV contract. Until then let RM build the team like he did at Utah... foreigners and overlooked gems in the rough.

Q: Who was the last top ten player to go to a non big six conference team not named memphis

A: I dont know because the records dont go back that far.

YOur second explanation still doesn't explain how you implied BEal would not start.

Q: Who was the last top ten player to go to a non big six conference team not named memphis

A: I dont know because the records dont go back that far.

YOur second explanation still doesn't explain how you implied BEal would not start.

When he committed to Florida International Dominique Ferguson was considered top 10 in 2010 by some. His ranking dropped later on.