Tickets For CBI

kshoe

Anybody know if they plan to simply role the season ticket holders that signed up for NIT tickets into the CBI tickets or is everyone going to have to start from scratch?

I'm sure there will be a few fans that will be upset if they role the tickets because they will argue they paid for the NIT, not the CBI. There will be plenty of others upset if they don't role the tickets as they won't get their ususal seats, the hassle of re-ordering etc.

One thing is for sure, its going to be a logistical challenge for SLU over the next couple days and typically the SLU Athletic Department does not do well with logistical challanges.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know if they plan to simply role the season ticket holders that signed up for NIT tickets into the CBI tickets or is everyone going to have to start from scratch?

I'm sure there will be a few fans that will be upset if they role the tickets because they will argue they paid for the NIT, not the CBI. There will be plenty of others upset if they don't role the tickets as they won't get their ususal seats, the hassle of re-ordering etc.

One thing is for sure, its going to be a logistical challenge for SLU over the next couple days and typically the SLU Athletic Department does not do well with logistical challanges.

They can't charge us for this game as if it were an NIT game. If they do I will be extremely ticked. Whatever they do I think they are going to have trouble getting 5K in the building for a no-name tournament game against a relatively unknown opponent. I am sure there is a threshold they cannot go below in terms of ticket prices but they better not charge above it.

They can't charge us for this game as if it were an NIT game. If they do I will be extremely ticked. Whatever they do I think they are going to have trouble getting 5K in the building for a no-name tournament game against a no-name opponent. I am sure there is a threshold they cannot go below in terms of ticket prices but they better not charge above it.

Well, they were already discounting the tickets to $10 or $20 depending on the seat location for the NIT. How do they quickly get tickets in the hands of 5k people given that most of the people already signaled they were willing or unwilling to pay for an NIT game?

Comments in this thread sum up our program. "A sponsor to spring for student tickets." "... people ... unwilling to pay for an NIT game." "Argue(ments)that they paid for an NIT game not a CBI game." "they can't charge us as if this were an NIT game."

Look, first of all, I'm not making a value judgment here. You don't want to pay or you want a discount or you want freebies ---- makes no difference to me. I'm not there so I don't know what I'd do in this case. I do know that someone else somewhere on this board was bemoaning the fact that 11 fans came to AC. And here's a hom egame and we still see indecision. Any kind of program with any kind of backing would see the building at least half full for this thing --- even in the first round.

But you better hurry --- this game will sell out. Indiana State is from the Valley and their fans will be traveling in caravan down I-70 for this one. We all know how that always works for Valley teams. They travel so well.

Get 'em while they're hot!!!

A youthful Bills squad gets to play a few more games. That has to be a good thing I guess.

Comments in this thread sum up our program. "A sponsor to spring for student tickets." "... people ... unwilling to pay for an NIT game." "Argue(ments)that they paid for an NIT game not a CBI game." "they can't charge us as if this were an NIT game."

Look, first of all, I'm not making a value judgment here. You don't want to pay or you want a discount or you want freebies ---- makes no difference to me. I'm not there so I don't know what I'd do in this case. I do know that someone else somewhere on this board was bemoaning the fact that 11 fans came to AC. And here's a hom egame and we still see indecision. Any kind of program with any kind of backing would see the building at least half full for this thing --- even in the first round.

But you better hurry --- this game will sell out. Indiana State is from the Valley and their fans will be traveling in caravan down I-70 for this one. We all know how that always works for Valley teams. They travel so well.

Get 'em while they're hot!!!

A youthful Bills squad gets to play a few more games. That has to be a good thing I guess.

Just wish I would have all ready received an email from the school by now telling me how to obtain ticketws or if my nit order will be used to get my regular seat. Either way I wouldn't miss it! B)

Just wish I would have all ready received an email from the school by now telling me how to obtain ticketws or if my nit order will be used to get my regular seat. Either way I wouldn't miss it! B)

I agree. Should have been out first thing in the morning.

True the MVC does travel well. But Indiana State can barely get 5,000 to their own home games, let alone travel for the CBI.

I will be interested to see how the AD handles it.

hell yeah. just use our NIT orders and get it done.

anyone that wants a refund or doesnt have a valid excuse why they didnt take the tickets should just have their priority number put at the end of the line going forward and have to start over moving up. it is about time the season ticket holders and boosters start acting like it.

i was amazed when i got my tickets for the first round game we ended up not playing and seeing i had been upgraded to center court. how does that happen? simply our supposed high rollers didnt pay to get tickets for a couple of extra games. my gosh.

i would bet the probably low reservation total figured into our nit snub. those of you thinking that since the nit is now owned by the ncaa it has no bearing is way off. the ncaa is looking for reasons to pull the plug on teams to make their decisions easier. we cant be giving them reasons, be it low nit reservations, a horrible sos, or a borderline rpi. i also wonder how hard the a-10 higher ups campaigned for the team that is constantly complaining about being in the conference. sure wasnt a lot of enthusiasm there probably.

anyway, just give me my tickets. lets get the games started.

i also wonder how hard the a-10 higher ups campaigned for the team that is constantly complaining about being in the conference. sure wasnt a lot of enthusiasm there probably.

Roy, I thought the same thing. I would hope the A10 fought hard for us simply for the sake of the whole conference.

i also wonder how hard the a-10 higher ups campaigned for the team that is constantly complaining about being in the conference. sure wasnt a lot of enthusiasm there probably.

Roy, I thought the same thing. I would hope the A10 fought hard for us simply for the sake of the whole conference.

Every conference has a formula for revenue sharing-it would be stupid on our part to begrudge anyone in our league from playing NIT or NCAA

Every conference has a formula for revenue sharing-it would be stupid on our part to begrudge anyone in our league from playing NIT or NCAA

in the past the revenue for winning the entire nit tourney was miniscule compared to just playing one game in the ncaa tourney. i.e. i doubt revenue was an issue.

Oh...and if we do win this thing. Please don't put up a banner for it.

Banners come out of the basketball budget and our NCAA appearances have not warranted a budget; nor do we show fellow members of the conference or A!0 flags in full view. They could do a better job of extolling the heroics of

each season's players in the concourse as well. It should be a basketball, volleyball shrine

True the MVC does travel well. But Indiana State can barely get 5,000 to their own home games, let alone travel for the CBI.

I will be interested to see how the AD handles it.

It is a myth that the MVC travels so well. If they did more than three schools in the MVC would have averaged more fans than we did in the 08-09 season. The numbers from the NCAA are not out yet for the 09-10 season, but I think I am safe to assume it was basically the same as it has been almost every season.

Banners come out of the basketball budget and our NCAA appearances have not warranted a budget; nor do we show fellow members of the conference or A!0 flags in full view. They could do a better job of extolling the heroics of

each season's players in the concourse as well. It should be a basketball, volleyball shrine

I believe this is the second time you've said something about NCAA banners; or at least someone else did. There must be some good acid in the Chaifetz bubblers, 'cause I've hallucinated those NCAA (and NIT) banners at every game I've gone to.

i was amazed when i got my tickets for the first round game we ended up not playing and seeing i had been upgraded to center court.

-you received tickets? i did not

-any one else get tickets for the A10 first round game we did not play?

I dont know how much truth there is to this but I just heard from a season ticket holder that he tried to get his same seats that he's had all year for tomorrow's game and he was told that there are 10,000 seats reserved and the rest are all general admission. Hard to believe this is the case but that's what I heard hopefully not true.

I believe this is the second time you've said something about NCAA banners; or at least someone else did. There must be some good acid in the Chaifetz bubblers, 'cause I've hallucinated those NCAA (and NIT) banners at every game I've gone to.

And the A-10 banners line both sides of the building.

The end where the students and band sits has our NCAA Tournament banners and the retired numbers; the Shoe/Bonwich end has a banner containing all of our NIT appearances, one for our NIT championship, one for the women's NIT appearance, and I think one for an NIT final four appearance and one for an MVC championship.

I dont know how much truth there is to this but I just heard from a season ticket holder that he tried to get his same seats that he's had all year for tomorrow's game and he was told that there are 10,000 seats reserved and the rest are all general admission. Hard to believe this is the case but that's what I heard hopefully not true.

Since Chaifetz only holds 10,500 and we only presold about 2,000 for the A-10 first round game, this is highly improbable.

-you received tickets? i did not

-any one else get tickets for the A10 first round game we did not play?

i indeed got tickets. i assume they are now collectors items! B)

cowboy, you did fill out the form and paid in advance correct? if so you should have gotten the tickets. mine came on monday the 8th.

I am a season ticket holder. Just called up and paid for CBI tickets and can pick them up today between 1-6. I had the option to keep my tickets behind the basket or could have gotten center court tickets a little higher up. Stuck with my seats that I've had all year.