Classless Strickland names names

bauman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and now we end the tradition of the end of the year player banquet. :( awesome.

Wah wah wah wah wah wah wah, thats all that ever comes out of you. Wah rick is mean to the poor players, wah rick doesnt like to kiss ass, wah rick says things that are controversial, wah rick supports that unelectable do-nothing broad, wah rick doesn't want the leftovers from soderberg here.

JUST WIN BABY

If Rick wants to piss on Biondi's desk and drive around naked in a golf cart, I could give a sh.it. Put them W's up.

how do you know he was used? i saw this coming a year ago. maybe AT knew this was likely just a one year thing.

how about soderdberg firing anthony beane? where were you when that happened?

you automatically assume the worst with RM, just like you assume he's forcing these players out bc of what strickland says. if you read rm's book, it sounds like he lays it out for the players and they choose to leave. i have no problem with that. your boy soderberg is the one who said he wanted seyfert out and you still won't acknowledge it.

you cannot see anything without injecting your negativity toward our coach.

slu72, you think it was right to use angres to insure they got thompson, john reed, eberhardt to sign and then discard him? that seems ugly to me.

as to running off the players, no need to hash it anymore. i just think slu as a school should honor the previous commitment and gradually inject the new talent as those players graduate. again, if the kids wanted to leave fine. but being forced to leave not. my sources say none wanted to leave.

this isnt about soderberg or his players. soderberg is gone. i couldnt care less. if this continues and he chases off his players i will be just as upset. same if he uses his coaches like he used thorpe just to get a recruit. i just thought as a school we would be better than that. and it disappoints me.

i truly am looking forward to being good down the road. and i feel confident it is going to happen. i just dont like the route that we are taking to get there. i think it is classless and embarrassing.

the fun indeed will come down the road, but it will be at the expense of some innocent human beings and i just dont think that is the way to get to the fun times. if it took another year so be it. we should have been able to do both. succeed and treat these people right.

Sarcastic or not? I can't tell. I sure hope it is.

The resume already speaks for itself and can't be erased. The rest is up to him; he's his own man and makes his own decisions. As long as nothing else interferes with his job, no one should have an issue with his lifestyle choices.

Love your thought pattern-the "resume"...........................

OJ had a pretty good resume and then.............................

Not saying RM is another OJ but the past doesn't always dictate the future.

The banquet is scheduled for Monday the 14th at "The Restaurant at Chaifetz Arena" unless it has been canceled.

Love your thought pattern-the "resume"...........................

OJ had a pretty good resume and then.............................

Not saying RM is another OJ but the past doesn't always dictate the future.

The banquet is scheduled for Monday the 14th at "The Restaurant at Chaifetz Arena" unless it has been canceled.

One big difference: Majerus didn't MURDER anyone, and OJ very well may have. Murder is the kind of thing that would interfere with his job; my stipulation was that anything that doesn't interfere with his job (e.g. pro-choice, voting for Clinton, gorging himself on Italian food, etc.) shouldn't be an issue because they're his personal choices.

And I stand by my words: as it stands, his resume speaks for itself.

Past performance is the best predictor we have of future actions.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about who we could get as an assistant. Does Jensen get promoted. I'd like for us to bring on a Former SLU player like Diener et al. I'd love to have a home grown coach that would be at his alma mater to become Head Coach one day, so we could avoid any future problems of "we can't blame him for leaving to go to his alma mater"

slu72, you think it was right to use angres to insure they got thompson, john reed, eberhardt to sign and then discard him? that seems ugly to me.

as to running off the players, no need to hash it anymore. i just think slu as a school should honor the previous commitment and gradually inject the new talent as those players graduate. again, if the kids wanted to leave fine. but being forced to leave not. my sources say none wanted to leave.

this isnt about soderberg or his players. soderberg is gone. i couldnt care less. if this continues and he chases off his players i will be just as upset. same if he uses his coaches like he used thorpe just to get a recruit. i just thought as a school we would be better than that. and it disappoints me.

i truly am looking forward to being good down the road. and i feel confident it is going to happen. i just dont like the route that we are taking to get there. i think it is classless and embarrassing.

the fun indeed will come down the road, but it will be at the expense of some innocent human beings and i just dont think that is the way to get to the fun times. if it took another year so be it. we should have been able to do both. succeed and treat these people right.

As long as we are going to speculate and let our prejudics and suspicions run wild, here's mine.

First, I think it was a class act to retain Thorpe last year knowing he'd be hard pressed to find another job so late in the Spring. Also, class act for RM to tell him upfront that he'd probably need his services for the first year but then help him find another spot after the season. Same thing with the incoming freshman. Am glad RM told them last spring, sure, come play for me like you were going to with Brad. I'm not sure of your talents, but let's give it a try for a year. Also, it's too late to go elsewhere as well.

Second, as to recruits not wanting to leave, already been discussed enough. Agree to disagree.

Third, I am not embarrassed at all by RM or SLU. BTW, AK and DM would have 2 years left and MR and AM would have 3 years left so we'd be playing short handed for 3 more years. Alot more than "if it took another year so be it."

Roy. Truly respect your opinions and basketball knowledge but believe you have a blindspot on this issue.

Today on 1380, the rumor monger Andy Strickland, in his typical classless manner said, DM, AK, AM & MR were "shown the door." Nice way to phrase a difficult situation for 19-20 year old kids, 3 of whom could be considered local.

This guy is nothing but a BM-hanger-on who has no business on the air and adds nothing with his "Buzz" segment. Maybe we will be lucky and one day he will be able to announce his own dismissal from the airwaves.

He made some feeble effort to say he thought RM would help place them. It seems likely, that if this is true that RM has 2 more players to sign, otherwise he will have two of the dreaded Brad S. saved scholarships. This means that next year we will only have 4 players returning from this years team, KL, TL, BE & PE.

Two questions...

1. Are you saying this isn't news? It's been discussed on here for months.

2. Are you shocked by the names? Who else could it be?

Are you kidding or just delirious? I wonder if RM deigned it necessary to speak more than a few sentences to AT all season?

I get it. You hate big Rick.

I stand by my statement. Even if you are right and AT didn't get to speak to Rick all year, the year under Majerus looks better on a resume than 5 years under Brad.

On another note, asst coaches are a dime a dozen. I'll never morn for an asst coach kicked to the curb ever. If you want job security call the post office. Do not be a D1 coach......

Past performance is the best predictor we have of future actions.

Anyway, I'm kind of excited about who we could get as an assistant. Does Jensen get promoted. I'd like for us to bring on a Former SLU player like Diener et al. I'd love to have a home grown coach that would be at his alma mater to become Head Coach one day, so we could avoid any future problems of "we can't blame him for leaving to go to his alma mater"

I would imagine Jensen gets promoted. I don't think Diener and Majerus could handle each other- in fact, that would be a hilarious situation to watch. Diener might be too much of a character for Big Rick. He should stay at UVA.

Which other former players would be possibilities?

Gradually inject talent? Ok, so let Cassity go to Michigan and Coto to Mizzery or Illinois. We get to watch 4 kids in their warmups walk off the floor after we lose in round 1 of the next two A-10 tourneys, while those Coto and Cassity are packing their bags for the NCAA or the NIT. No thanks.

I would imagine Jensen gets promoted. I don't think Diener and Majerus could handle each other- in fact, that would be a hilarious situation to watch. Diener might be too much of a character for Big Rick. He should stay at UVA.

Which other former players would be possibilities?

Maybe Jensen gets promoted and Erwin C takes his spot.

I was thinking of Corey. From interviews, he seems to have that same philosophy, dedication and drive that RM has.

It seems to me that Majerus is more inclined to take former players of his than former players of SLU, which is probably better for both parties. He'd be a tough guy to work for, even more so if you're not already familiar with working or playing for him.

I'm sorry Roy, I thought AT was paid last year. Silly me, I thought he was the lucky assistant last year because he didn't have to go out and find another job. When you decide that you want to be a college basketball coach, then you better be used to the idea of moving alot. It comes with the territory.

I'm sorry Roy, I thought AT was paid last year. Silly me, I thought he was the lucky assistant last year because he didn't have to go out and find another job. When you decide that you want to be a college basketball coach, then you better be used to the idea of moving alot. It comes with the territory.

You are correct. A friend of mine has a brother in law who was an assistant football coach at Michigan. When Carr retired, he had to start looking. He is moving to Gainsville, FL. As you said, it comes with the territory. If SLU wants to play with the big boys, they are going to have to play by the rules that the big boys play by. Otherwise, go to Div 3 and be done with it.

I was thinking of Corey. From interviews, he seems to have that same philosophy, dedication and drive that RM has.

if you all would think back, spoon found a spot on his staff for a high school coach named derrick thomas. ironically derrick had a couple of pretty good players on his team that ended up coming to slu.

corey has a pretty good player on his team as well. :rolleyes:

Why would he just promote Jensen? I thought Jensen was the grad asst and so he would have to quit school to become an assistant coach - I know it is more money but we don't know what RM promised him. My question on all of this is - and I don't mean it to be taken the wrong way but - for the sake of balance, would it not make more sense for RM to hire an African American for his staff if AT is gone? As I said, I don't mean anything by this but I do know that you might find it to your advantage to have a staff make up that at least attempts to reflects your team's make up if you are looking to provide a staff that is more comfortable for your team. Most college teams tend to have a balanced staff racially - at least that is what I have seen. I am not saying that only an African American can relate to an African American player but racial balance on the staff would seem to be a good thing. How were RM's staffs in UT set up

Why would he just promote Jensen? I thought Jensen was the grad asst and so he would have to quit school to become an assistant coach - I know it is more money but we don't know what RM promised him. My question on all of this is - and I don't mean it to be taken the wrong way but - for the sake of balance, would it not make more sense for RM to hire an African American for his staff if AT is gone? As I said, I don't mean anything by this but I do know that you might find it to your advantage to have a staff make up that at least attempts to reflects your team's make up if you are looking to provide a staff that is more comfortable for your team. Most college teams tend to have a balanced staff racially - at least that is what I have seen. I am not saying that only an African American can relate to an African American player but racial balance on the staff would seem to be a good thing. How were RM's staffs in UT set up

I was thinking the same thing. I think it would be beneficial to have a diverse staff.

I think Utah is much like Minnesota. As Chris Rock said, " The only black people in Minnesota are Prince and Kirby Puckett" Now just Prince.....

I was thinking the same thing. I think it would be beneficial to have a diverse staff.

I think he should find a black pregnant man. That would make us really diverse. Diversity just for the sake of diversity is horrific. However, I'd love to see Corey or Erwin or Anthony back.......

I think he should find a black pregnant man. That would make us really diverse. Diversity just for the sake of diversity is horrific. However, I'd love to see Corey or Erwin or Anthony back.......

I'm holding out for a bourgeoise, classic rock loving, gay werewolf w/ some decent street cred.

Get this guy a membership to SLU Tan (if that's still around) and you've got your pregnant black man. WTF. I'm assuming you didn't know about this?

http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/91294