Ford Talks About Mizzou Opening

Bills_06

His old house in Stillwater was listed for $2.25 million and sold for $1.7 million. That one was 9,480 square feet and had plenty of snazzy features, too; I can't tell if this one is the same size or not, but I'm guessing most of the price difference has to do with market.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is old news.  He bought Holliday's house when Holliday left town.  Not sure why now this is just coming out in the press.  I was at a talk early in the season where  he said he bought his new house from his friend Matt Holliday.

Some people just can't understand that there are things more important than moving two high school kids and an 8th grader to God Awful Columbia, Missouri.  Oh and BTW to there third school in two years.  I'm sure Coach Ford has complete control of his wife and she has no say in what impacts their family. He is in a great situation for work and family right now.

Unless something weird happens I suspect Ford will be here for several years.  

No question home values are higher here than in Stillwater.

I am enjoying our early recruiting success and look forward to the future with Coach Ford at the helm.

On 3/22/2017 at 2:03 PM, Bills_06 said:

Stu was finally able to ask him about it. 

Link

I understand that some of this article was coach speech but honestly if you went to the intro news conf, these were the same things he said then.  He talked a lot about his family and the need to give them some stability.  He grew up a Cardinals fan - I know I know - but what that tells me is that he has had a long time connection to the city in some regards.  He also talked about at the news conf that he had never coached in a major city and that actually appealed to him because it made the recruiting process easier from several points - less travel, easier to get kids to come look, big pool of talent to work with and finally, more opportunities for his family.  Now I realize that he could bolt if enough money is thrown at him but at some point all you can do is take a person at his word until he shows you can't.  Thanks for posting it Bills 06.

On 3/22/2017 at 4:34 PM, TheChosenOne said:

I assume we won't hear anything more about that until Illinois finishes their season and we find out about Walker's future. Has anyone else heard that Mark Smith is essentially a lock to Illinois? Assuming they keep Tilmon and the rest of the class together and add Smith they will have a heck of a class for Underwood to build with.

Underwood goes to Stillwater, then bolts for (wait for it) Illinois. We should be selling the argument and the mystery of just how long Brad Underwood will stay in town. If greener pastures present itself to Underwood, he's gone. No loyalty.

First off, I am happy TF is here and that he says he's happy here.

Lets be honest, TF is not marketable this year. At least scoring a job in a P5 conference. If he get us in the post season and we have some successful runs, he will be marketable again. Then it's up to Pestello and May to continue to keep him happy.

27 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

While we are enjoying watching march madness, and Kansas destroy every opponent, remember TFord has a pretty good record against them. If we were to face them in the tournament, we would be an underdog people would be wary to bet against because of Ford

Are you talking about this year?

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

While we are enjoying watching march madness, and Kansas destroy every opponent, remember TFord has a pretty good record against them. If we were to face them in the tournament, we would be an underdog people would be wary to bet against because of Ford

You are a super fan.

I do not think with KU that people would be wary of coach Ford's success against KU until coach Ford's Billiken teams starts consistently beating and being competitive against the top 25.

9 minutes ago, CBFan said:

You are a super fan.

I do not think with KU that people would be wary of coach Ford's success against KU until coach Ford's Billiken teams starts consistently beating and being competitive against the top 25.

This program looks to be a dominating force in the A10 next year and with a pretty decent strength of schedule next year with the help of that tournament, it wi be interesting to see how top 25 ends up. Without a doubt I think we will get votes at minimum. Almost every dominating team from a top 6 conference gets ranked eventually 

Self has only lost nine home games during his tenure. Here is one against Ford and it reinforces what I've said about the OSU program when looking it at historically... it's not that great... Had not beat a Top 5 team on the road since 1958.

How it happened: This was the first time OSU won on the road against a top-five team since 1958! It was OSU's first win at Kansas since 1989. Oklahoma State got out to a nice lead in the first half, leading by as many as 14. Kansas came all the way back, was up 64-60 midway through the second half and was up by six with 4:15 left. OSU returned on a 13-2 run. The final couple of minutes wound up being a foul-shooting tight-wire act for the Pokes. They made almost all of them to give Ford his biggest win at Oklahoma State.

Markel Brown led led OSU with 28 points, and Marcus Smart wasn't that far behind, notching 25. Kansas was led by Ben McLemore's 23. The outcome also put an end to Kansas' 18-game winning streak, which at the time was the longest in the nation. Afterward, Self could only lament, "We don't have a guard. We don't have a point guard."

What else Ford remembers: "It’s one of those things where you put a game plan together and you believe you an win there, but also realistic about it. But we went down there with a pretty relaxed feel, and the fact we were having a pretty decent year helped. We went in with a little bit of equity. They were ranked No. 1 in one poll and No. 2 in another poll, so it was almost like, hey, you’ve got nothing to lose here. I’ve been in a spot before we’re we've gone in really needing a win, and that’s just too much pressure. There are very few places that have that environment. One thing I was most proud of, we lost that lead in the second half, and it’s not easy to come back, usually after you’ve been up. The balloon deflates."

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

This program looks to be a dominating force in the A10 next year and with a pretty decent strength of schedule next year with the help of that tournament, it wi be interesting to see how top 25 ends up. Without a doubt I think we will get votes at minimum. Almost every dominating team from a top 6 conference gets ranked eventually 

Dominating? Next year? As in, not only winning the conference but doing so in dominant fashion?

Please. Don't get ahead of yourself. People who exaggerate in this direction will be the same ones calling for Ford's head when the ridiculous expectations aren't immediately met.

37 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Dominating? Next year? As in, not only winning the conference but doing so in dominant fashion?

Please. Don't get ahead of yourself. People who exaggerate in this direction will be the same ones calling for Ford's head when the ridiculous expectations aren't immediately met.

I guess you're a glass half empty guy eh?

OSU under Ford would have dominated in the A10

6 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I guess you're a glass half empty guy eh?

OSU under Ford would have dominated in the A10

Apples/oranges. He inherited a 25 win Big 12 team at OK State. He inherited an A10 basement dweller here.

I expect to be good next year and very good thereafter. But expecting to "dominate" next year is just not realistic.

Every now and again it is good to take some time away.  A time to focus one's energy on something else.  Go outside, breathe the fresh air, learn how to paint.

Granted I don't heed that advice is all aspects of life but I think there are certain instances it is necessary. 

3 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

We will certainly not dominate next year. I will be happy with a top 3 finish. You sir need to slow your role.

We have ACC, B10 caliber players on our team next year and guys who could have gone B12 or BEast next year. No recent recruit we've had on our roster in the past 3 seasons we're recruited by high level programs, SLU was their best choice so they took it. Now we have a few 4* recruits which slu never has had to this extent, and some powerhouse 3*'s. I will say this every time you guys post stats of our transfers previous seasons, go see them play. I have and honestly TY Graves is probably one of the most surprising and best. He will be a powerhouse and bring so much energy to this program.