Incoming recruits - updates (2017)

bauman

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

The B10 is a good conference but is not the ACC or B12. No way a bottom team in the b10 will go dancing outside of NIT

Cant wait for most for the B12 to fall out right away as always

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Should we be expecting from now until mid April for transfers to happen?

probably as the semester is coming closer to ending. they need to focus on passing their classes.

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I'm having my fingers crossed for 3. We need more players for 2018

So who do you want to leave?  I think everyone would agree the two obvious choices should go. I don't want to lose Welmer, Johnson, or Moore. We need some balance to the classes. 

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

So who do you want to leave?  I think everyone would agree the two obvious choices should go. I don't want to lose Welmer, Johnson, or Moore. We need some balance to the classes. 

No one I WANT to go, but in needs of the team we could add a big grad transfer for Bishop. Once graves is in, he will probably not be playing over Roby, Graves and Goodwin

When you have all these players leaving you place yourself at risk with your APR.  Those transfers still stay on our list.  If they don't graduate then you are whacked.  With all the transfers last year and Yarborough having his problems at ILState we already have one ding.  I assume the others who left are doing OK - at least I hope.  At this point, given that Gilmann did not get recognized at Senior Night I can only assume that he is planning to come back for graduate school - don't blame him.  

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

When you have all these players leaving you place yourself at risk with your APR.  Those transfers still stay on our list.  If they don't graduate then you are whacked.  With all the transfers last year and Yarborough having his problems at ILState we already have one ding.  I assume the others who left are doing OK - at least I hope.  At this point, given that Gilmann did not get recognized at Senior Night I can only assume that he is planning to come back for graduate school - don't blame him.  

Sorry I don't know what APR means. I am confused what you mean with players leaving and having problems at other schools hurts us, because I for one would rather not have those players on our team. I think you mean other schools won't want them? Gillman can go to grad school, fine, but he doesn't have to do it on SLU's dime. Scholarships are year to year and no one will judge Ford for taking away a scholarship from the bottom 2 player on our team to pay for his scholarship.

14 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

How do you know what Gilmann's status is? Why grad school? Not every basketball player is ready for grad school after 3 years. Why the assumption?

11 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Sorry I don't know what APR means. I am confused what you mean with players leaving and having problems at other schools hurts us, because I for one would rather not have those players on our team. I think you mean other schools won't want them? Gillman can go to grad school, fine, but he doesn't have to do it on SLU's dime. Scholarships are year to year and no one will judge Ford for taking away a scholarship from the bottom 2 player on our team to pay for his scholarship.

LOL

52 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I don't think you are correct about how the APR system works. It actually has very little to do with graduation, it's basically just a formula the NCAA uses that punishes you when transfers have bad grades. If they have good grades the transfers won't hurt you at all. We've had a few years of no transfers and perfect scores so while the 4 transfers from last year have the potential to hurt our APR, the only ones that would have really hurt were ones that were struggling academically. Miles Reynolds and Jolly were always named in the 3.3 GPA and above honor role so they shouldn't hurt. I'm less sure about Bartley and Milik but what's done is done and it really doesn't matter if they succeed at their new schools or not.

If Gillman and Neufeld have good grades and end up leaving it won't hurt our APR. And our APR is in good shape nevertheless.

58 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

HAHAHA

44 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

SLU is not the kind of school to worry about that, at all. We're not Louisville or even close so why that was brought up makes no sense. 

You're such a fuoking noob.

Things got a bit dicey with APR in the Majerus era for a variety of factors.

majerus-apr.JPG

2 hours ago, Duff Man said:

You're such a fuoking noob.

Things got a bit dicey with APR in the Majerus era for a variety of factors.

majerus-apr.JPG

You know I looked that up and it did Dip with Rick M, but in terms of recent years we should have no problem with that except for the last class. What didn't make sense was with Gillman who is a stud student