If Crews is retained I am done

SLUDrew

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

and so are the other five members of my group. There are too many other things I could be spending my money on than a program that refuses to get out of its own way

Agreed with the latter part. I don't know if i'll be done, but I won't have the same enthusiasm/interest.

i dont think there is a chance in heck that crews returns. i would bet he has already been told such. too much of his sideline demeanor says he isnt motivated.

i just hope we dont jerk around and take our time after the season is over. get someone hired so we can get at the recruitment side of things asap.

i dont think there is a chance in heck that crews returns. i would bet he has already been told such. too much of his sideline demeanor says he isnt motivated.

i just hope we dont jerk around and take our time after the season is over. get someone hired so we can get at the recruitment side of things asap.

+1.

Why? I don't want Crews back either, but why in the hell tell him? Keep him motivated and then make a decision as soon as the season is over.

Crews is a professional and has way to much respect for majerus and the game to pack it in. Also he's very close to a 500 record I doubt he'd want to fall below 500.

He's also not stupid

C'mon. Crews is not the future. That is obvious to even the most disenfranchised viewer. If there is no chance he'll be back in the full time role or even has a remote snowball's chance in hell, why string him along. And as some have said, maybe he doens't want it and does look for retirement. Maybe somewhere in the bowels of Chaifetz Crews and May sat down and asked and answered the question "Jim, what are you thinking for next year?" If the first answer wasn't "I want to be right here Chris" then you can tell pretty quickly that he ain't in it. And it's a fair question when you remember how he even came here -- as a one-year fill-in favor to Majerus in light of the Jensen bail out.

If Crews takes himself out as bonowich bets, the search can begin and a naming can happen before the end of the season if all sides agree. This gets us the jump onto roy's fear -- the next recruiting class. Of course, I suspect nothing will happen before the national champs are crowned because the guys you're likely talking to are all pretty busy right now and should rightfully be focused on that. It's what they are getting paid to do.

In the past five or six years, nothing has changed at SLU other than the arena and the coach. And now the coach died. Which means all we got is a facility. All places have a facility. Ours is better now then what it was but that's it. The allure was PLAYING for Rick Majerus. Now that's gone and a plan of succession appears to never have been considered.

Carter looked so good against EIU. Damn.

All we need is a coach, a conference, and a few players. I don't see what everyone's getting bent out of shape about.

Quote of the season!

i just hope that crews doesnt screw up much more finishing out the season. imo, he was not a good hire as an asst let alone put in charge. cant we just let him wrap ankles or sell 50/50 tickets the rest of the year and let mitchell coach the rest of the season. first player coach in ncaa history. another first for the billikens.

i just hope that crews doesnt screw up much more finishing out the season. imo, he was not a good hire as an asst let alone put in charge. cant we just let him wrap ankles or sell 50/50 tickets the rest of the year and let

Mitchell coach the rest of the season. first player coach in ncaa history. another first for the billikens.

Not a bad idea. If we didn't pay him, would it be against any of the rules? Think about how motivated these guys would be if they're floor leader was also the HC. They'd play balls out. My fear w/ Crews is if we go on some kind of 3 game losing streak in conference play, he will become even more distant than he already appears and our dream season goes up in smoke. Another idea would be to bring in Conk as an AC like right now. They guys respect him and he definitely knows the system.

As for Carter, I think he got discouraged when he found out RM wouldn't coach this year. Got really down when he knew he wasn't coming back for sure. That's probably when he started talking to his people up in Chitown and they told him to get out because he's too big a talent for SLU. Really too bad, because as Taj said the kid looked good Wednesday night and we need some good depth right now.

i just hope that crews doesnt screw up much more finishing out the season. imo, he was not a good hire as an asst let alone put in charge. cant we just let him wrap ankles or sell 50/50 tickets the rest of the year and let mitchell coach the rest of the season. first player coach in ncaa history. another first for the billikens.

When it comes to your repeated and inane supposedly expert posts on everything Billiken I thought I had seen everything but this is a new low even for you--the person who was the biggest Sodeberg sycophant on this board. You should hope some day to achieve even 20% of what Jim Crews has accomplished in his profession.

As far as his stint with the Bills is concerned, he came here at the last minute as a personal favor to the coach who lost a key assistant as we were getting ready to play our first game. Last year Coach RM told me personally how much he appreciated the fact that Jim had joined the staff and how much he thought he added to the mix in terms of coaching and preparation. Then the coach gets extremely ill and no one knows whether he will ever be able to coach again but hope springs eternal so we decide to hire an interim coach and the one on the staff with the most experience and success, by far, is Jim Crews. Is he perfect? No Is he RM? No, emphatically. But he has kept things together during this difficult time and I for one see considerable improvement in this team's execution over the past few games. But for some reason you feel you can just insult the man, bellittle him and crap on him like you did with RM for years because you are so self important that you are above everyone! I will say it again--you are not a Billikens fan-- You are a Roy fan who will support the Billikens when they do things the Roy way. If I never read another one of your posts it would be wonderful!

When it comes to your repeated and inane supposedly expert posts on everything Billiken I thought I had seen everything but this is a new low even for you--the person who was the biggest Sodeberg sycophant on this board. You should hope some day to achieve even 20% of what Jim Crews has accomplished in his profession.

As far as his stint with the Bills is concerned, he came here at the last minute as a personal favor to the coach who lost a key assistant as we were getting ready to play our first game. Last year Coach RM told me personally how much he appreciated the fact that Jim had joined the staff and how much he thought he added to the mix in terms of coaching and preparation. Then the coach gets extremely ill and no one knows whether he will ever be able to coach again but hope springs eternal so we decide to hire an interim coach and the one on the staff with the most experience and success, by far, is Jim Crews. Is he perfect? No Is he RM? No, emphatically. But he has kept things together during this difficult time and I for one see considerable improvement in this team's execution over the past few games. But for some reason you feel you can just insult the man, bellittle him and crap on him like you did with RM for years because you are so self important that you are above everyone! I will say it again--you are not a Billikens fan-- You are a Roy fan who will support the Billikens when they do things the Roy way. If I never read another one of your posts it would be wonderful!

well dont read my posts then. just to make you feel better i feel the same towards you.

as to your comment about achieving 20% in my profession what crews has accomplished, well he will be fired for his third time in about 4 months, and i have never been fired. especially for the reasons crews was fired the first two times. so i hope i dont achieve that 20%.

if you know anything about crews past stops, he was fired twice for some not nice issues. and now he has been pretty much a train wreck since coming here. imo, the favor giving concerning his hire was the other way around.

and speaking about self importance, you ever read your notes to the board mr insider? you are a piece of work billikan. i have rarely claimed to be any sort of expert like you constantly infer. i just give my opinion which every one on the board has the right to do and most do.

but that doesnt matter. you will never read another one of my posts again. merry christmas buddy.

The Mayan's were correct. The world has ended.

SLU fans are getting evidence that we are not Duke. People on this board are overreacting and panicking. Roy is pontificating and people are yelling at him. Seems like the world is still spinning as usual to me.

I have had issues with Billikan in the past, but in this case I agree with him completely. BRoy once again has his head up his butt. A convergence of circumstances that no one could possibly imagined has led us to this point. Jim Crews did not sign up for this originally, but he's trying to make the best of an extremely bad situation. The supposition that he is disinterested is ridiculous; I guarantee you he believes he's a great coach, even if most of the people on this board thinks he blows. I hope he shoves it up everyone's keester by having a great conference season and success in the tournament. Then we can go get a new coach from a position of strength instead of from desperation, and Jim Crews can transition to the next phase of his life gracefully, knowing that he took chicken bleep and made it into chicken salad. Has everyone given up on the season because one thing after another has gone wrong? I haven't, and I guarantee you the players who are still here haven't either. I know it's hard being a Billiken fan, but the world is not ending today. We still have a hell of a good team going out tomorrow to play ball, and I'm going to drink a couple of coldies at the game and enjoy watching my team avenge last seasons loss. Then I'm going to watch them win the A-10.

Roy is the Soderberg sycophant? Pot meet kettle.

Billikan, no one ever needs to read any of your posts because they are always the same. You out-pollyanna the AD's mother. That is usually harmless but you've gone too far this time. Roy made a post in jest to state his opinion. To doubt his fandom is dumb but you doubt anyone that questions anything to do with SLU athletics. Unless we adhered to your Stalinistic devotion to all things Billiken then we aren't fans.

PS This goes for your too Band Legend. I'll fight both of you at the same time. Lay off Roy or feel my wrath. Oh and Merry Christmas.

http://1.bp.blogspot...uge-mistake.gif