ESPN Too early top 25

Only one mid listed. Yep, Zaga. I’m not sure what Houston is but they were numero uno. We got listed at #5 below the line, so ESPN predicts we are in top 30. Other below the line mid was San Diego St. I’m not going to get overly excited, yet, it’s heartening to see us listed after the last two seasons train wrecks. The hangover in 22-23 lingers. After all we SLU. But let’s go with the positive. Schertz has had an impact and am looking forward to Oct. 

One question; where did Caleb Love transfer to? AZ was listed in the top 25 but he was not listed as a starter. Curious is all. I don’t want him. Chemistry killer. 

thatskablamo likes this

39 minutes ago, slu72 said:

One question; where did Caleb Love transfer to? AZ was listed in the top 25 but he was not listed as a starter. Curious is all. I don’t want him. Chemistry killer. 

Love entered his name in the NBA draft.  I don't think he entered into the transfer portal & his tweet about the draft said he is maintaining his eligibility, but it seems like most expect him to go pro.

I've changed my view on Love.  He is super streaky and takes too many bad shots, but he would very likely wreak havoc in the A10 regardless.  I'd take him in a heartbeat.  He was a major contributor to a #2 seed who made the elite eight.  He gets a bad rap for UNC failing to meet expectations the year after his hot streak helped carry them on a miracle run to the finals.  I don't think he's a chemistry killer.

Crewsorlose likes this

I think we get Pitbull when we get to the Early Top 25, maybe the on time Top 25 aka The Top 25 and hopefully in the Late Top 25. But not the Top 25 and 1.

1 hour ago, sludevil said:

Seems pretty crazy to rank anyone while the transfer portal is still in full gear. A few teams have had their rosters completely reshaped (for better and worse!) just in the last few days. 

Using Verbal Commits Transfer listing as the source of this information, 1852 are in portal and 636 of those have committed.  Portal window closes next week.

16 minutes ago, TRN said:

The window closes for players to enter.  Anyone in the portal is free to sign with teams with no deadline.

Yes that is the way it works.  Grad transfers now have to be in by the closure date.  That was not the case in the past.

9 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

No way. Ford's team two seasons ago, Perkins final year, was projected 25th/26th by more than one preseason projection.

This is a much, much different top 30 ranking

35 minutes ago, Fraz said:

We have one of the best players in the country partnered with one of the best coaches in the country

It’s fun to see the publicity but means nothing. It really only helps if you get off to a good start. Win your early games and you will get votes because you were on the radar. 

36 minutes ago, willie said:

It’s fun to see the publicity but means nothing. It really only helps if you get off to a good start. Win your early games and you will get votes because you were on the radar. 

Yeah, they don't know they have to win games first . /s

TRN likes this

15 hours ago, willie said:

The pub is good but the roster is very incomplete. I'm hoping two more big transfers.