A10 Tourney

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't think I need a source to assert a belief. Considering my statement is 100 times less absurd than yours I am still awaiting basis for why some old f*cks in Rome care about college basketball.

You have a fundamental failure to understand a simple lighthearted, innocuous comment, as evidenced by your 100% response of the absurd. Lighten up and stand down. 

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I am pretty sure you do not have sources in the Vatican either, I most certainly do not. The US currently has 13 cardinals, maybe some of them follow college basketball and are happy about those wins.

NY Cardinal Dolan over at St. Patrick’s Cathedral, who is from STL, was no doubt happy with both the Fordham and SLU wins. 

21 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

You have a fundamental failure to understand a simple lighthearted, innocuous comment, as evidenced by your 100% response of the absurd. Lighten up and stand down. 

No I don’t. I completely understand what you were going for. It’s just that it was neither clever, humorous, or original. 

8 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Over at The Vatican, Pope Francis must be smiling. The 3 Catholic schools, Fordham, La Salle, and SLU all won in today’s A10 Tourney Opening Round 

Dang right, Go Pope!!

8 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Depends on how the Pope’s wagers  played out. 

The Pope would never bet against one of his Catholic teams, would he? That would rank right up there with a self-proclaimed Billiken fan rooting against the Billikens and hoping they lose. 

35 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Here come’s the judge. Here come’s the judge. All rise.

Did you say order in the court? I’ll take two cans of beer!!

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I don't think I need a source to assert a belief. Considering my statement is 100 times less absurd than yours I am still awaiting basis for why some old f*cks in Rome care about college basketball.

-why take a shot at the hierachy of a major religion? 

1 hour ago, Lord Elrond said:

On to the NIT for Richmond

I hope so, but remember the League Winner slot was blown up for 2024.  If you want my opinion, they screwed it up royally.

For the 2024 NIT, conference regular season champions that do not win their conference tournament or are not otherwise selected to the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship will not receive an automatic bid to the NIT.  Instead, the NIT will guarantee two teams (based on the NET rankings) from each of six conferences (Atlantic Coast, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-12 and Southeastern). The top two teams in the NET rankings not qualifying for the NCAA men’s basketball tournament from each conference, regardless of won-loss record, will be selected.  Additionally, the 12 teams automatically selected will be guaranteed the opportunity to host a game in the first round of the NIT.   (Richmond NET was 71 before today.)

Once the 12 automatic qualifying schools have been selected, the NIT Committee will select the 20 best teams available to complete the tournament’s 32-team field.  Based on the NIT Committee’s evaluation, the best four teams of the 20 at-large teams selected will complete the 16 first round hosts, with deference given to the “first four teams out” of the Division I Men’s Basketball Championship, as determined by the NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball.  Additional teams from the six conferences with AQs are eligible to be selected as at-large teams and can be selected as hosts.