DQ over UMass by 6

In an only in the A10 battle cry:  GO DUKES!

The fate of our Billikens, based in St. Louis, West of the Mississippi, could be decided in Pittsburgh, PA, as Jay Randolph would say, where the Allegheny meets the Monongahela to form the Ohio, in, as Marty Brennaman would say, the titanic struggle between UMass of Amherst, Massachusetts and the Home Team, Duquesne.

5 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

In an only in the A10 battle cry:  GO DUKES!

The fate of our Billikens, based in St. Louis, West of the Mississippi, could be decided in Pittsburgh, PA, as Jay Randolph would say, where the Allegheny meets the Monongahela to form the Ohio, in, as Marty Brennaman would say, the titanic struggle between UMass of Amherst, Massachusetts and the Home Team, Duquesne.

And after the Dayton game...the next 2 teams we may play could be DQ followed by VCU and then finishing with Dayton...as Yogi Berra use to say ...It is Deja Vu all over again.

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

And after the Dayton game...the next 2 teams we may play could be DQ followed by VCU and then finishing with Dayton...as Yogi Berra use to say ...It is Deja Vu all over again.

Yes.  I still want to beat Dayton Friday, and retake and bring to its rightful home the prestigious Arch Baron Cup.

But VCU is warned:  It is difficult to beat a good team 3 times.  How's that for finding the silver lining in tonight's dark cloud?

7 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Yes.  I still want to beat Dayton Friday, and retake and bring to its rightful home the prestigious Arch Baron Cup.

But VCU is warned:  It is difficult to beat a good team 3 times.  How's that for finding the silver lining in tonight's dark cloud?

After last night’s thrashing, we could play VCU 100 times, and if Kern and Baldwin were injured, we might win one. They are just way more athletic and better-coached.

Schasz likes this

4 minutes ago, Scoop said:

Explain this please. Dukes are on our heels and we want them to beat UMass?

Don't know why but think I'll watch the Dukes tonight.  The Double Bye Clinched? thread say Dukes win and SLU has the double bye clinched tweeted from several sources that should be in the know.  So will trust this is in fact true.

13 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

The announcers just said Duquesne gets the double bye over us in a tie…so they are just clueless right?

http://bball.notnothing.net/bracket.php?conf=atlantic10m

you can play with this calculator to figure it all you. A three way 11-7 tie with Mason and Fordham puts us in 5th. Posted by BAB

4 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I am really confused.  How can so many people be saying different things.  It really can not be that complicated.

Tie breakers are different for two way and three way ties. Toggle thru the calculator I just posted and it explains the tie breakers. 
Or just wait until tonight’s games are over. 

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

We actually lost to this UMass team?  

Tbf they’re actually decent when completely healthy, sucks that we were practically the only team they played in conf healthy 

HoosierPal likes this