DQ over UMass by 6

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

The Vegas line for this game is 11.5.  

normally 5.5 difference between wiz and Vegas is unheard of 

Any time you see  more than a 3pt difference between me and Vegas there is a big betting opportunity.

And it looks like the 97.3%  probability of the Bills clinching the Double Bye worked out too...Moral  ...When you have a choice to take a 12 OR all the other numbers...take all the other numbers.

Third seed, fourth seed, it really doesn't matter to me.  We would have to go through both VCU and Dayton to win the tourney from either starting point. 

Right now, if the high seeds win through, we could play Mason, GW or Duquesne in our first game.  But, not all 9 through 5 seeds will prevail. 

slufan13 likes this

1 minute ago, SLU_Nick said:

Oh baby.  who is ready to celebrate when we back into 3rd place.  Billlliiieeeessss

I’m so ready to explode in celebr…. Not really. This season needs to come to a merciful end.

More excited now about all the off-season speculation about NIL, how much we’re paying players, which low-major transfers are going to be superstars, and how awesome we’re going to be next year!!

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

If we beat Day and DQ beat Fham...3rd place

If we lose to Day and Mason and DQ win...3rd pl

So what is the difference between 3rd and 4th seed?

3rd seed ...most likely opp in order...Mason...Day...VCU

4th seed ...most likely opp in order...DQ,...VCU...Day

As Linda Richmond from Sat Night Live use to say....Discuss amongst yourselves

5 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Oh baby.  who is ready to celebrate when we back into 3rd place.  Billlliiieeeessss

Who do you want to play first, Duquesne or Mason, (or a faint chance, GW)?  We could draw either of them in either 3rd or 4th, depending on the weekend games.  Third place gets the same participation ribbon as 4th and maybe the same opponent.

Just now, The Wiz said:

So what is the difference between 3rd and 4th seed?

3rd seed ...most likely opp in order...Mason...Day...VCU

4th seed ...most likely opp in order...DQ,...VCU...Day

As Linda Richmond from Sat Night Live use to say....Discuss amongst yourselves

So, the topic is how do you feel about losing in the quaterfinals to either Mason or Duq., correct?

29 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Who do you want to play first, Duquesne or Mason, (or a faint chance, GW)?  We could draw either of them in either 3rd or 4th, depending on the weekend games.  Third place gets the same participation ribbon as 4th and maybe the same opponent.

I don’t want VCU in the semis.  Give me Dayton on a neutral, then a team that upset VCU in the final. 😎😎😎

Bizziken likes this

50 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

If SLU beats Dayton, DUQ wins at Fordham, and Mason wins at Richmond, SLU would be the 3 seed and potentially play 6 seed Fordham. I think that’s SLU’s best scenario, although it would set up an intra-family battle in this family. Fordham would have the home crowd. Duquesne and Mason are hot teams. 

I didn't want to delve to deep into the weeds.....The best case scenario to finish 3rd is we beat Dayton and Duq beats Fham....chances of that happening are 16% and that is the best case ....any other 3rd place finishes go downhill from there.  In your example above, the probability of that happening is 6%.  

Again the most likely outcome as of right now is we finish 4th and face DQ in our 1st game.....Mason would be our 2nd best possibility and there is even a 3rd possibility (in that 16%  area) where we face GW (they would have to beat VCU in their game on Sat. )