O.T. Could potential Pac 12 expansion affect thr A-10??

BLIKNS

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

SDSU makes a lot of sense with the new football stadium and no NFL team. 

2 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

Seems a bit ironic that for years a large portion of the fan base seemed to have the thought that SLU was too good for the MVC.  Now we see Creighton in the Beast, others want WSU in the A10, Loyola has already joined the A10, some want MVC Bradley, or even a former OVC school currently in the MVC to join the A10.  Simply a observation, not a slam.

Not sure your point.  Creighton, WSU, Loyola all opted to leave the valley for greener pastures.  If Bradley leaves for the A-10, it would be because they think it is a better conference.  So, the actions, or potential actions, of these programs confirms the idea that SLU is too good for the MVC.

The Valley Sucks likes this

38 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I don't see it happening for Gonzaga. No football team. No media market. And a helluva flight from Orlando.

54 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Not sure your point.  Creighton, WSU, Loyola all opted to leave the valley for greener pastures.  If Bradley leaves for the A-10, it would be because they think it is a better conference.  So, the actions, or potential actions, of these programs confirms the idea that SLU is too good for the MVC.

My point is that for years SLU thought it was too good for the MVC but 5 MVC schools at the time of the discussion/or current members (or a tweener in Loyola who was on the MVC after Creighton and WSU left)—is either in a better conference already or is being talked about as a good addition for the A10.  5 current or former members of the MVC either doing better or being sought after doesn’t seem just a tad bit ironic now? Just a little ? 

Just now, BANGheGOTit said:

My point is that for years SLU thought it was too hood for the MVC but 5 MVC schools at the time of the discussion/or current members (or a tweener in Loyola who was on the MVC after Creighton and WSU left)—is either in a better conference already or is being talked about as a good addition for the A10.  5 current or former members of the MVC either doing better or being sought after doesn’t seem just a tad bit ironic now? Just a little ? 

Saint Louis University is too hood for the MVC!  Even horrible conferences have a few decent teams to cherry pick though.....

Matty Light likes this

Just now, Billiken Rich said:

Saint Louis University is too hood for the MVC!  Even horrible conferences have a few decent teams to cherry pick though.....

SLU is too gangsta…my stupid phone tends to autocorrect to “hood” lol.  I understand every conference has its upper echelons, and I’m not even saying we belonged in the MVC…just found it interesting that now some of those teams seem desirable.  I’m afraid the Beast is out of the question now.  Sure would love to see Creighton in the same conference as SLU some day though.

20 hours ago, BANGheGOTit said:

My point is that for years SLU thought it was too good for the MVC but 5 MVC schools at the time of the discussion/or current members (or a tweener in Loyola who was on the MVC after Creighton and WSU left)—is either in a better conference already or is being talked about as a good addition for the A10.  5 current or former members of the MVC either doing better or being sought after doesn’t seem just a tad bit ironic now? Just a little ? 

We are too good for the MVC - nobody told Ford though.

P12 looking at SMU and SDSU, I'm reading announcement could come as soon as next week. 

I'm actually ok with the A10. It is down but I think it'll be back.  We're in a basketball centric conference with many like ideological schools and some natural rivals. Plus we're not exactly tearing it up so I don't see a path to an upgrade at the moment. 

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

P12 looking at SMU and SDSU, I'm reading announcement could come as soon as next week. 

I’d that happens lll be interested in the  dominos. AAC add?  UMass?  B12 pick off CO and another?  That messes with SMU and SDSU. Always fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I’d that happens lll be interested in the  dominos. AAC add?  UMass?  B12 pick off CO and another?  That messes with SMU and SDSU. Always fun to watch. 

B12 is set brand new TV deal, UCF, Cincy BYU and Houston joining.  It'll still be a great basketball conference. 

AAC is at 11 teams they're losing UH, Cincy, UCF and now possibly SMU. They will need teams.  UMASS makes sense. CUSA has 11 teams and most would fit AAC.

6 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

B12 is set brand new TV deal, UCF, Cincy BYU and Houston joining.  It'll still be a great basketball conference. 

AAC is at 11 teams they're losing UH, Cincy, UCF and now possibly SMU. They will need teams.  UMASS makes sense. CUSA has 11 teams and most would fit AAC.

Yesterday B12 stated they were still shopping and looking in the pacific time zone. 

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

The American seems more likely to pluck from C-USA (WKU, MTU, UTEP) or Sunbelt (Louisiana, Southern Miss, Georgia State) than UMass.

They just lost UConn in 2020 and Temple is starting to look like a geographical outlier.  After their latest additions (Alabama, Florida, North Carolina, and three in Texas) AAC seems more focused than ever on the South in general.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:14 PM, BANGheGOTit said:

No.  Everyone who can gets out of the Missouri Valley.  Back when those discussions were happening, those teams were in the Valley and SLU was not.  If SLU had left its present situation to go to the Valley, it would have been remembered, historically, as a step backwards.  I don't think anyone is or was saying that SLU is too good for the Valley.  The idea is that no one leaves a conference like the A-10 to go to the Valley.  In fact, its just the opposite.  Teams leave the Valley for the A-10 hoping that it creates a better situation for them.

56 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

No.  Everyone who can gets out of the Missouri Valley.  Back when those discussions were happening, those teams were in the Valley and SLU was not.  If SLU had left its present situation to go to the Valley, it would have been remembered, historically, as a step backwards.  I don't think anyone is or was saying that SLU is too good for the Valley.  The idea is that no one leaves a conference like the A-10 to go to the Valley.  In fact, its just the opposite.  Teams leave the Valley for the A-10 hoping that it creates a better situation for them.

Agreed, except for the fact that they are both going to be one bid conferences this year.  I can’t see Drake gaining enough to lose in the MVC tournament and make it, same with VCU.  A10 has some good coaches so it hopefully will get better, but Murray St, Belmont, and Drake have had recent success.  The Valley could get back to a multi-bid conf just as soon as the A10.  

Seen speculation that Missouri State moves it football up to FBS and joins the Sun Belt. That move could alter the Valley .

A-Sun and WAC looking to make a new FBS conference, so more movement could happen 

A-Sun and WAC joinging forces andBS conference.  

2 hours ago, BLIKNS said:

Seen speculation that Missouri State moves it football up to FBS and joins the Sun Belt. That move could alter the Valley .

A-Sun and WAC looking to make a new FBS conference, so more movement could happen 

A-Sun and WAC joinging forces andBS conference.  

Did you fall asleep halfway through typing this? Lol

On 2/10/2023 at 10:43 AM, BANGheGOTit said:

Seems a bit ironic that for years a large portion of the fan base seemed to have the thought that SLU was too good for the MVC.  Now we see Creighton in the Beast, others want WSU in the A10, Loyola has already joined the A10, some want MVC Bradley, or even a former OVC school currently in the MVC to join the A10.  Simply a observation, not a slam.

There is a reason all those schools left the Valley.