Other NIT Games - Game Day Thread

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I would expect a starting lineup of 23 year-olds to be pretty good.

Wilt Chamberlin, when he was 26 years old, averaged 48.5 minutes per game in the NBA.  Yes, games were 48 minutes and he averaged 48.5.  [The Warriors played several OT games.]  Wilt sat for 8 minutes the entire 80 game season.  What the Iron Five are doing pales in comparison.

billiken_roy likes this

There is an article on ESPN that the NIT or Not Important Tourney that I prefer to call it will have the Semi-Finals and Finals move from Madison Square Gardens after this year for at least the next two years. The article said a site has not been decided but mentioned ancient Hinkle Fieldhouse or Vegas as possible sites.

On 3/23/2022 at 10:52 PM, Schasz said:

There is an article on ESPN that the NIT or Not Important Tourney that I prefer to call it will have the Semi-Finals and Finals move from Madison Square Gardens after this year for at least the next two years. The article said a site has not been decided but mentioned ancient Hinkle Fieldhouse or Vegas as possible sites.

STL submitted a couple bids for it. One for Enterprise I believe, and another for Chaifetz

I don't want aTm, just those stupid Buzz outfits are enough to root against the guy. 

Sad to hear about NIT and MSG.  We can criticize but it is a good way to get experience for a team especially of you're young.  But also from the personal aspect of playing at MSG plus I like traveling to NYC.  

brianstl and AGB91 like this

3 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Xavier’s 2 big Centers took Osunniyi to lunch. He’s not used to seeing those types in the A10. 

Yeah, I thought Schmidt made a good move in the 1st half, playing Osunniyi and Coulibaly together, it was effective and took some of the pressure off of Osun but of course Schmidt couldn't help himself and made no substitutions in the second half. 

4 minutes ago, MichaelC said:

Yeah, I thought Schmidt made a good move in the 1st half, playing Osunniyi and Coulibaly together, it was effective and took some of the pressure off of Osun but of course Schmidt couldn't help himself and made no substitutions in the second half. 

I was surprised Adaway was the one Schmidt sat during that 1st Half sequence. 

If I had to rank the five on key aspects I'd rank them:1a) Lofton (need a point guard or it doesn't run), 1b) Osunniyi (because their defense funnels all shooters to him and Coulibaly ain;t it), 2) Adaway (this is their glue guy), and then both Holmes and Welch are replaceable but with nothing developed on the bench, still needed.  Adams added nothing off the bench and Brown was sick all year.  Barry Evans is a 6'7", 2-star small forward.     

i was completely satisfied to see the st bonnie punks beat last night.   i am now done following the NIT for this year.   couldnt care less about the rest.