Jump to content

Primer on the Wizards and Goodwin's NBA chances


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a couple sites say that the Wizards have two 2 way players signed.  I can only find Winston.  Anybody know the other player?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s funny that the Wizards signed the guy the Lakers waived and the Lakers signed the guy the Wiz waived (Huff).

I think if Goodwin continues to improve his 3 point shot, he may get another shot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

It’s funny that the Wizards signed the guy the Lakers waived and the Lakers signed the guy the Wiz waived (Huff).

I think if Goodwin continues to improve his 3 point shot, he may get another shot. 

Loved Goodwin as a Billiken, but after watching him for 4 years, I do not see much of a chance his 3 or shot will improve even to a mediocre level by NBA standards.  Some things you just can't teach, you got it or you don't.  He's going to make it or not on his other skills. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Loved Goodwin as a Billiken, but after watching him for 4 years, I do not see much of a chance his 3 or shot will improve even to a mediocre level by NBA standards.  Some things you just can't teach, you got it or you don't.  He's going to make it or not on his other skills. 

I am not disagreeing with you but Marcus Smart is a career 32% three shooter in the NBA. His best year was 36%. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Loved Goodwin as a Billiken, but after watching him for 4 years, I do not see much of a chance his 3 or shot will improve even to a mediocre level by NBA standards.  Some things you just can't teach, you got it or you don't.  He's going to make it or not on his other skills. 

Goodwin's % improved every year at SLU.  Without having to deal with schoolwork, he has much more time to work on his shot now.  I'm not saying it is likely, but I don't think it is out of the question that he might improve enough to be passable in the NBA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

It’s funny that the Wizards signed the guy the Lakers waived and the Lakers signed the guy the Wiz waived (Huff).

I think if Goodwin continues to improve his 3 point shot, he may get another shot. 

That's kinda wild.  Because he was in competition with Goodiwn, I followed Huff during summer league and preseason as well.  I wasn't impressed at all with him.  I guess "you can't teach height" as they always say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

any word on goodwin's whereabouts since the wizards cut him?   thought we would have heard something since.   i tried to google him and nothing recent shows.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

any word on goodwin's whereabouts since the wizards cut him?   thought we would have heard something since.   i tried to google him and nothing recent shows.  

He'll be playing with the Wizard's G-League affiliate, the Capital City Go-Gos.  The exhibit 10 deal he signed means that he gets a big bonus if he stays with the G-League for 60 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

He'll be playing with the Wizard's G-League affiliate, the Capital City Go-Gos.  The exhibit 10 deal he signed means that he gets a big bonus if he stays with the G-League for 60 days.

The roster on the Go-Gos website still says "coming soon" which is because the G-League draft hasn't happened yet.  G-League draft is for guys who aren't already affiliated with a team, so Goodwin isn't part of the draft.

G-League draft is 10/23.  Training camps run 10/25 to 11/4.  https://gleague.nba.com/key-dates/

Go-Gos first game is 11/5.  https://capitalcity.gleague.nba.com/schedule/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...