Primer on the Wizards and Goodwin's NBA chances

thetorch

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Roy, I not saying anything that is not factual, except for what I assume were the reason for Goodwin's choices. I have no personal knowledge of Goodwin or his family. Fair or not, that is the way I see it.

however you write as though you got your information straight from jordan or some close confidant like family or a coach.   not fair.  you have no idea.   

There is a reason for everything and everything has a reason. You can see the actions taken, you cannot see the rationale behind them. I am not pretending to know from personal knowledge the rationale for Goodwin's actions, I admitted that already, and I admitted that you are free to judge my words.

Goodwin is improving a lot in the G league, he may succeed in going to the NBA. He did not get new talent out of nowhere, he had this talent all the time, now he is developing it. This can be due to any number of reasons. I wrote what I thought were his reasons.

You should preclude those statements with "in my opinion" or "I think" or a quest like "doesn't it appear... ?" So readers know you don't really know for sure just your conjecture.

7 hours ago, Old guy said:

Tell me what incentive did he have at SLU to play like he is playing now?

To put himself in the best possible position to be drafted? You think he worked to be the lead dog, then was content with that and stopped improving? I never thought I'd see the day someone on this board questioned Goodwin's motivation and determination, yet here we are. 

cgeldmacher likes this

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

You should preclude those statements with "in my opinion" or "I think" or a quest like "doesn't it appear... ?" So readers know you don't really know for sure just your conjecture.

This is true Roy, my bad, I will follow this advise.

55 minutes ago, RamJAMTIME said:

To put himself in the best possible position to be drafted? You think he worked to be the lead dog, then was content with that and stopped improving? I never thought I'd see the day someone on this board questioned Goodwin's motivation and determination, yet here we are. 

Just remember it’s 1 person

6 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

well said though if there is an exception with O G we all know where  he's pulling these factoids from :)

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

Brad Beal is in COVID protocols.  
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2021/12/bradley-beal-trevor-ariza-jarrett-culver-enter-protocols.html#ref=home

perhaps a chance for Goodwin to get his 10 day contract?

50/50

On 12/23/2021 at 8:04 PM, Coach314 said:

Wizards signed Jordan Schakel to a 10 day contract yesterday.

I have never wanted to inappropriately give a bad post reaction so badly, but that would be shooting the messenger. 

So I’ll give a backhanded compliment instead, you give great tidbits of information all the time (even if this tidbit sucks). 

Schakel signing was done before Beal went on COVID protocols.  It was more of an answer to Caldwell Pope being sidelined with COVID.  Schakel is a match for Pope, a tall wing who can shoot.

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

Schakel signing was done before Beal went on COVID protocols.  It was more of an answer to Caldwell Pope being sidelined with COVID.  Schakel is a match for Pope, a tall wing who can shoot.

Kispert started in place of Pope last game.  Wizards have Dinwiddie, Holiday and Neto at the guard positions and Deni Avdija gets minutes as a Point forward.  The G League is shutting down till Jan 5.  So who knows what's about to happen with call-ups