GDT: What the heck is a "Bonnie" anyway???

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dlarry said:

The one with 9 pts 5 rebs 1 assist 2 steals and shooting 50 from the field?

I’d hate to see where we would be in this game without him.

Goodwin’s our top player, a Senior. He has the ball most of the time if Yuri Collins is not in the game. We need better decisions. 

I think Goodwin is trying to do too much because his shot is still off.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Right on cue, a brutal turnover leads to a ridiculous Lofton and-1. It's not just Goodwin's TO total that gets me, it's the nature of his turnovers. His decision making just kills me.

He is still 4-7, 9 points, 4 rebounds and 2 steals.  Couple of bad turnovers, but he has been are best player that half.  Much better than the first two games back.  Perkins is a black hole offensively right now.

First 10 minutes looked like Dec. Last 10 min looks like post China plague. However, I do think ball movement was stressed, but to many bad passes. Has looks ragged. I did notice TJ on bench up and cheering. I don’t know anything, but I’m guessing it’s a health issue. With our depth and their lack of it, we should blow them out. 

1 minute ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Goodwin’s our top player, a Senior. He has the ball most of the time if Yuri Collins is not in the game. We need better decisions. 

I think Goodwin is trying to do too much because his shot is still off.

Maybe he is but we need him on the court.

Goodwin and French are the same players they were four years ago.  Good?  Yes.  Record book stuffers?  Yes.  Team leaders?  Yes.  Too much credit?  Yes.  Too much blame?  Yes.  Can't shoot? Yes.  Expanded games?  No.

We already have more 3-point attempts than in the entire Dayton game. We already have more 3-pointers made than in the entire La Salle game. Huge progress - as others have said, making extra passes and shooting them in the flow of the offense.

I knew the opening minutes blowout wasn't going to hold. I could've done without the 5-minute drought or the rest of the sluggish end to the half.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He is still 4-7, 9 points, 4 rebounds and 2 steals.  Couple of bad turnovers, but he has been are best player that half.  Much better than the first two games back.  Perkins is a black hole offensively right now.

That makes the turnovers all the more frustrating. He impacts the game in so many ways.

drkelsey55 and brianstl like this

Schmidt is a good coach. He realized his team cannot go 94 feet with SLU, and his 2 shooters got into quick foul trouble. So Schmidt switched to the zone, slowed SLU down, got us in the East Coast half court chess game. Then he added the soft zone press to further slow us down. The zone is effective with SLU’s outside shooting issues. SLU’s bad passes helped the Bonnies get back in the game too.

We have the expected dogfight.

4 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Goodwin and French are the same players they were four years ago.  Good?  Yes.  Record book stuffers?  Yes.  Team leaders?  Yes.  Too much credit?  Yes.  Too much blame?  Yes.  Can't shoot? Yes.  Expanded games?  No.

Same style player yes. Same player no. 

Goodwin Frosh 11.5/7.5 shot 37% from the field 23% from 3 in 33 mpg

Goodwin Sr 15.8/10.6 shoots 47% from the field and 29% from 3 in 32 mpg