Jump to content

Billikens Radio to KMOX starting this season


Recommended Posts

-I suggest listening to the game via radio.com and pausing the dvr to get in synch, worked for me when the Blues were in Stanley Cup Finals and now would be the same site in use for SLU games

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

I'd rather just have whatever broadcasters are on the stream than try to sync it up. I don't need the homer broadcast every game. Sometimes it's interesting to hear how neutral or the opponent's regular broadcasters view us.

Man you are a glutton for punishment

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pistol said:

I'd rather just have whatever broadcasters are on the stream than try to sync it up. I don't need the homer broadcast every game. Sometimes it's interesting to hear how neutral or the opponent's regular broadcasters view us.

Can't lie, listening to the Rhode Island announcers lose their $#%!  as our guys dominated was one of the highlights of the year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

Man you are a glutton for punishment

Greater punishment for me is hearing "Bang! He got it!" 5 seconds before or after I see the actual shot go in. It drives me insane when the broadcast isn't synced and doing it myself isn't worth the hassle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Can't lie, listening to the Rhode Island announcers lose their $#%!  as our guys dominated was one of the highlights of the year.

If you are referring to the TV broadcast of that game, let me correct you.  Those were NOT the R. Is. announcers.  They were supposed to be neutral ESPN announcers.  However, the entire game was announced as if they WERE on the Rhody payroll so I can understand your confusion.  I have the game recorded and have watched it a couple of times since it was a significant road win lat year.  It is almost unbearable listening two those two "neutral"  announcers.

Conversely, the win at Richmond last year was on a TV feed from Richmond, and knowing that allowed me to listen to a pro-opponent set of announcers and understand that their audience was Richmond fans, not SLU.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bauman said:

If you are referring to the TV broadcast of that game, let me correct you.  Those were NOT the R. Is. announcers.  They were supposed to be neutral ESPN announcers.  However, the entire game was announced as if they WERE on the Rhody payroll so I can understand your confusion.  I have the game recorded and have watched it a couple of times since it was a significant road win lat year.  It is almost unbearable listening two those two "neutral"  announcers.

Conversely, the win at Richmond last year was on a TV feed from Richmond, and knowing that allowed me to listen to a pro-opponent set of announcers and understand that their audience was Richmond fans, not SLU.

-it seems the Richmond broadcast crew has been the same for a few years and the analyst calls the play by play guy by his name, Tom, every single chance he can which is way too many times but it is funny until nauseating  - but I am glad I get to watch the game

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fox Sports Midwest is becoming Bally's Sports.  There will be interactive gambling during broadcasts.  I think this will really change how games are broadcast and means there is a good chance that even more games get picked once the change is made because having more content people can gamble on constantly will be even more important.  

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3637863-sinclair-forms-sports-betting-partnership-ballys-acquires-minority-stake

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Fox Sports Midwest is becoming Bally's Sports.  There will be interactive gambling during broadcasts.  I think this will really change how games are broadcast and means there is a good chance that even more games get picked once the change is made because having more content people can gamble on constantly will be even more important.  

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3637863-sinclair-forms-sports-betting-partnership-ballys-acquires-minority-stake

-this could be a lot of fun, betting on free throws, will the pitcher throw a strike, run or pass, I'll have to set a limit when it arrives

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah ---- those guys doing the Rhode Island game were supposedly ESPN and they were homers.  Was it Bob Wentzel?  The Richmond color guy is a former player and had held the school record for steals.  He was passed by Gilyard inthew game I saw (don't know if it was us or not) and Gilyard ran by and gave hime a high five at the broadcast table after the play was over.  The Duquesne guys are absolutely pitiful.  I still think the Stadium guys with Giannini and the kid from Mahanoy City, PA, are pretty damn good.  Giannini can be hilarious --- which he never was as La Salle's coach.  I absolutely hate Joe Lunardi on St. Joe's broadcasts.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Yeah ---- those guys doing the Rhode Island game were supposedly ESPN and they were homers.  Was it Bob Wentzel?  The Richmond color guy is a former player and had held the school record for steals.  He was passed by Gilyard inthew game I saw (don't know if it was us or not) and Gilyard ran by and gave hime a high five at the broadcast table after the play was over.  The Duquesne guys are absolutely pitiful.  I still think the Stadium guys with Giannini and the kid from Mahanoy City, PA, are pretty damn good.  Giannini can be hilarious --- which he never was as La Salle's coach.  I absolutely hate Joe Lunardi on St. Joe's broadcasts.  

The "neutral ESPN " announcers were Mark Plansky and Mike Corey.  If we never have them again it will be too soon.  At the 10:30 mark in the second half with us leading by 12, Plansky interviewed TF and as he was trying to get a 3rd question in he put his arm around Travis like they were good buddies and Travis blew him off by walking away to get back to the team. Making the broadcast worse was an extensive interview with the smug Joe Lunardi at half time and, true to his constant underrating of the Bills, he didn't even give us a chance as a next 4 out.  Now he is picking the Bills to be a 11 seed in this years NCAA's , meaning rating us somewhere in the 44-48 grouping. 

Hopefully we get off to a good start next week and prove him wrong, but I am worried about playing LSU our second game.  They are supposed to be really good.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-this could be a lot of fun, betting on free throws, will the pitcher throw a strike, run or pass, I'll have to set a limit when it arrives

I know that everyone is angling toward instant betting like this.  They want people sitting at home betting on their phones about the above and then getting instant result.  I think it will be interesting how they reconcile this desire with the broadcasting rules which require a delay in airing of the event.  Someone in a seat at a game could give you a result that doesn't get aired for another 7 to 10 seconds.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to the topic of SLU on KMOX, I've always thought that the Bills and the Cardinals should be on the same radio station.  The MLB season and the college basketball season are almost exact opposites of each other.  We will end up with far fewer conflicts with the Cardinals than we did with the Blues.  Also, getting exposure with the sports voices at KMOX will help with promotion of the program.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Back to the topic of SLU on KMOX, I've always thought that the Bills and the Cardinals should be on the same radio station.  The MLB season and the college basketball season are almost exact opposites of each other.  We will end up with far fewer conflicts with the Cardinals than we did with the Blues.  Also, getting exposure with the sports voices at KMOX will help with promotion of the program.

-the part of this that  is not the greatest for SLU is we will get bumped for spring training games, in other words, games that don't count for the baseball season will have priority over our conference and tournament games, Cardinals rule

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I know that everyone is angling toward instant betting like this.  They want people sitting at home betting on their phones about the above and then getting instant result.  I think it will be interesting how they reconcile this desire with the broadcasting rules which require a delay in airing of the event.  Someone in a seat at a game could give you a result that doesn't get aired for another 7 to 10 seconds.

That is a great point. In my limited experience with in-game betting during the NBA bubble, I've seen in-game lines that show the score as 3 points higher than what I see on tv, then sure enough about 15 seconds pass and someone comes down to hit a 3. The time delay in the bubble may have been intentionally longer than previous seasons given they needed to bleep all the cusswords that were evident during a fan-less environment, but still. It would make betting on the very next play nearly impossible for an at-home viewer.

Still, plenty of live action betting that can be done in slower sports like baseball and football or props on how many points/rebounds players will get as the game goes on, but it's going to be hard to do "who scores the next points" in basketball given the delay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-the part of this that  is not the greatest for SLU is we will get bumped for spring training games, in other words, games that don't count for the baseball season will have priority over our conference and tournament games, Cardinals rule

Most spring training games are in the afternoon.  I agree that there will be some conflicts, but it will be far less than sharing a station with the Blues.  It seemed like only about 40% of our games were actually on 101.1 the past two seasons.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In case you missed it, KMOX’s Tom Ackerman welcomed Rammer and Earl into his “Garage Happy Hour” last nite to talk some Billiken Hoops: https://www.facebook.com/kmoxsports/videos/735049090697842/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...