GDT vs Belmont

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, slufan13 said:

I'll defer to Ford obviously but I wish Weaver would get more time 

There must be something he's doing or not doing that Coach Ford doesn't appreciate.  Is he one of the guys not exhibiting enough toughness and/or is playing too casually?  (I'm unable to see the games.)

3 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Would love to see Perkins, Jimerson, Collins Goodwin French line up in 2nd half

Run the offense through french and mix in collins/french pick n roll. Shooters would give spacing and that’s a decent defensive lineup.

If I were coaching Belmont, I'd foul French the last 10 minutes of the game and coast to a double digit victory.

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

If I were coaching Belmont, I'd foul French the last 10 minutes of the game and coast to a double digit victory.

That works in theory. Their big men get in foul trouble and we run our offense through goodwin and collins with french setting high screens and rolling to the basket. SLU would win easy. 

Fouling every possession sounds good until you think about it for 2 seconds

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

There must be something he's doing or not doing that Coach Ford doesn't appreciate.  Is he one of the guys not exhibiting enough toughness and/or is playing too casually?  (I'm unable to see the games.)

Ahead of Jimerson or Thatch?  Because Thatch is holding his guy to a donut and Jimerson is the best shooter on the team.  We get absolutely nothing when Weaver is at point guard because he doesn't have enough confidence in his handle to advance the ball the past the free throw line.