2018-19 season

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

Hello all,

this bills team will be the best team we’ve had since AT LEAST 2014. What were you doing in 2014? That was a long time ago.

Old Guy turned 96, and 05 had his first wine cooler.

Literally nothing that is said here is permanent. Temporary bad news, sure. It does not say “welmer out for year,” or “Jacobs didn’t qualify”

Wait, our two GT guards are practicing and are 100%? Our POY candidate’s broken nose isn’t a major issue and is practicing already? We have the best backcourt in the league, and the best fromtcourt in the league (With or without Jacobs and Welmer) ? We have two local recruits and a sharpshooter coming in next season? Oh.

Who knew. But I thought it was hard being a Billiken fan?

Roll Bills. See you all in Minneapolis.

It's the end of the world as we know it and DON'T feel fine.  My hair is on fire and I'm running around like Forest Gump on meth!

14 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Santos is gone, no point in even saying his name. Time to move on. 

Welmer hasn’t even been evaluated yet. 

Goodwin, Bess, Wiley, Isabell, Thatch. Find me minutes for Jacobs. Also find me minutes for Hankton. 

Not so concerned with Jacobs in terms of our guard depth.  However, losing Santos and potentially Welmer is a huge hit.  And you have to talk Santos when you talk about expectations for the team.  He was going to be our starting center.  I like each of DJ, French and Gordon, but none of the 3 give us what Santos or Welmer would have.  

This is a tough day, no other way to slice it.

6 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Not so concerned with Jacobs in terms of our guard depth.  However, losing Santos and potentially Welmer is a huge hit.  And you have to talk Santos when you talk about expectations for the team.  He was going to be our starting center.  I like each of DJ, French and Gordon, but none of the 3 give us what Santos or Welmer would have.  

This is a tough day, no other way to slice it.

Counting on Welmer was like counting on your lottery winnings.  We'll miss Jacobs more than Welmer if this horror show is fully consummated.....

majerus mojo likes this

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Did I miss some bad Mizzou news? 

Other than a reasonable defense of Porter's skill/ability, what has thicks posted in the last couple of months that deserves this?  He likes Mizzou...that's ok.  He holds a reasonable opinion of Porter.  That's ok.  You need to get over it already @billikenfan05

Santos is still the only real bummer to me. 

I know the Staff was saying Welmer was good to go but I never expected it. It’s been this way with him for a couple years now.

I didn't think Jacobs was going to get a lot of PT with our guard rotation and he still might play. 

It stings a bit but it doesn’t change my expectations.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Look at it this way, if Jacobs isn’t able to play this season it’s effectively a redshirt 

Agreed.  The Jacobs news really is the least concerning.  Like you said between Isabell, Jgood, Thatch, Wiley, Bess...how much time is/was he really going to get?