ACE

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Nat Dixon to SMU.

It seems like we've been competing with SMU on a few recruits. Coleman earlier and now Isabell - so this figures to take SMU out for Isabell.

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

It seems like we've been competing with SMU on a few recruits. Coleman earlier and now Isabell - so this figures to take SMU out for Isabell.

Yeah, they've definitely popped up a few times. We couldn't get one of Dixon's visits, though, and he apparently committed to SMU when he was on his visit there.

You'd think this means Isabell is out of the question now, but Arizona wound up with both Coleman and Brandon Williams. The grad transfer game is an unusual one.

With two scholarships to give, in addition to a grad transfer, I wouldn't be surprised if we also look for a traditional transfer. As the roster currently stats, looking ahead to 2019-20, I believe following the departure of Johnson we'll only have three upperclassmen on the roster (Goodwin, French and Santos), so it would make sense to maybe land a rising junior transfer who may be on the market.

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

With two scholarships to give, in addition to a grad transfer, I wouldn't be surprised if we also look for a traditional transfer. As the roster currently stats, looking ahead to 2019-20, I believe following the departure of Johnson we'll only have three upperclassmen on the roster (Goodwin, French and Santos), so it would make sense to maybe land a rising junior transfer who may be on the market.

Something happen to Bess???

On 5/4/2018 at 9:49 PM, BillsBeliever!!! said:

I want Isabell. I watched him play at Drexel this year during the conference tournament and he’s pretty good. Can score a bunch and seems to be a good team player now that he isn’t a tiger

My recollection was that Isabell was suspended twice at Mizzou for disrespect towards coaches and teammates.  He seemed to be a cancer in the locker room.  Yeah, Missouri was a mess, but he was part of the problem.  I'm curious on your statement of 'seems to be a good team player now'.  

I didn't watch Drexel.  From what you saw, did he learn from those suspensions?  How is he a team player now?  Respect for his teammates and coaches? Hopefully he got straightened out.  What did you see that makes you think he would be okay not being the main focus of a team? 

Denzel Mahoney from SEMO is transfering. Averaged 19 ppg, 5 rpg, and shot over 40% from 3. He's a sophomore, so would have to sit out a year. Worth a call.

I hope we get some pitbull soon with one of these last two scholarships. Things are slow on the recruiting front and I think the roster still needs some help.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

Denzel Mahoney from SEMO is transfering. Averaged 19 ppg, 5 rpg, and shot over 40% from 3. He's a sophomore, so would have to sit out a year. Worth a call.

I hope we get some pitbull soon with one of these last two scholarships. Things are slow on the recruiting front and I think the roster still needs some help.

We need one shooter and one transfer. With five freshmen we should allow them to get some time on the court 

1 hour ago, ACE said:

VCU just got a grad transfer who started at VCU left for Gulf Coast and is now coming back to VCU. Never seen that before.

Left for Miami actually, then transferred again to Gulf Coast... nephew of Artis Gilmore.

13 minutes ago, slusam said:

He is visiting Seton Hall, Xavier, and Arizona State

It seems that the recruiting of Grad Transfers is as tough as recruiting high school 4 stars.  Even players with less than outstanding credentials seem able to hook up with some pretty decent programs.  I guess the attractiveness of getting immediate help without tying up multiple years of scholarship is very desirable for some big-name schools.

24 minutes ago, slusam said:

He is visiting Seton Hall, Xavier, and Arizona State

Damn! Xavier has a whole team of grad transfers. I think our current roster is still missing an important piece.

As the list of grad transfers grow it simply opens up more openings everywhere.  Before, a kid at a big school who has been bench warming sees a chance to find a school where he can play and a kid at a smaller program sees a chance to go to a bigger program even if it means sitting more. Everything evolves.

TheOne likes this

43 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Another 5-star name off the board:

Pretty sure he played college football before. I swear he was in the East-West Bowl, as seen on Key & Peele.

Hopefully we can use the remaining scholarships on Swordless Mimetown and Strunk Flugget.