Fall 2017 allegations against unnamed players (aka Situation 2)

DoctorB

1 minute ago, BillikenBoy10 said:

I'm assuming he says May because he is waiting until the semester is over.  Two months would be Mid April.

why couldnt he come back and take his finals pass and all is well?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Seriously dude, just fuoking read.

Only Frank is reporting that the original suspensions have been upheld and the other 3 are gone.  The university is only saying that the investigation is complete and everyone was notified of the final decision.  We know Adonys and Graves are gone, but no one has heard from the school or JB regarding JB's status.  This "settlement" has been in the works for a little while and I find it hard to believe that JB would keep practicing until last Friday without having some idea of what was coming down.  If he had an idea of what was coming down and kept practicing then either (a) his original punishment was shortened or (b) he's planning to sit out 1.5 - 2 years.  I find the latter option hard to believe. 

1 minute ago, moytoy12 said:

Only Frank is reporting that the original suspensions have been upheld and the other 3 are gone.  The university is only saying that the investigation is complete and everyone was notified of the final decision.  We know Adonys and Graves are gone, but no one has heard from the school or JB regarding JB's status.  This "settlement" has been in the works for a little while and I find it hard to believe that JB would keep practicing until last Friday without having some idea of what was coming down.  If he had an idea of what was coming down and kept practicing then either (a) his original punishment was shortened or (b) he's planning to sit out 1.5 - 2 years.  I find the latter option hard to believe. 

So if franks reporting it would stand to reason that he wouldn’t do so unless he knew it to be true 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Also it’s effing insane how many times “does anyone know what’s happening to JB” when it’s clear frank reported his news.

So frank has apparently talked to JB, but no one else in the media has? Look, I suspect JB is done but until we hear from him or his representative, we don’t have confirmation. 

Nothing to back this up with, but my guess is a couple of big donors who support hoops whispered in someone's ear, if he leaves so do our dollars.

Not knowing what the hell happened in that room, so many theories and so much speculation, I guess we should be thankful how this all turned out, ie J Good's gonna be a Billiken. Still, I think they could have allowed the other 3 to play until the final ruling. Not that this would have salvaged the season since they'd be moving out today.

So, this season's pretty much down the tubes, but at least it gave us a preview of better days to come. Hopefully they will come, but it's still Billiken BB and, as we all know too well, a Billiken fan can never rest easy.

4 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

So frank has apparently talked to JB, but no one else in the media has? Look, I suspect JB is done but until we hear from him or his representative, we don’t have confirmation. 

I just think something would have leaked out if he had an overturned or reduced suspension. Unfortunately, we will likely never hear anything from SLU.

1 minute ago, Billy bob said:

I am hoping to see JB suited up and on the bench at the next game. Punishment - time served.  

Based on the fact that they are banning Goodwin from campus for 2 months, I don't think time served is on the table.

If what Frank's saying is true about Jordan's dad, that doesn't sound like he's a happy camper with the ruling. Of course, what's Jordan's options right now? Transfer and sit out a year, or come back like Kwamain and be adored by Billiken fandom. Someone should have Kwamain contact the Goodwins.

RIP HUMPS likes this

10 minutes ago, Billboy1 said:

Per Frank Mr. Goodwin took out a second mortgage and hired a civil rights attorney.  Apparently spent a few days on campus taking notes for the attorney.

Excellent. They deserve every single penny they can get from this joke of an administration. I'd expect the other three players to follow suit. Hilarious that Pestello and the other SJW's are trying to turn a blind eye to their own inherent systemically racist Title IX policies....

Based on what has happened in recent years with these lawsuits by men accused of assault against University administrations, there is significant precedent for a federal judge to rule in favor of the players. Judges are starting to lose confidence in Universities' abilities to handle these Title IX cases. There are tons of articles about the lawsuits that have been won in just the past 2 years. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/expelled-for-sex-assault-young-men-are-filing-more-lawsuits-to-clear-their-names/2017/04/27/c2cfb1d2-0d89-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.5da2f69a5e32

Billy bob likes this

3 minutes ago, Spoon-Balls said:

Excellent. They deserve every single penny they can get from this joke of an administration. I'd expect the other three players to follow suit. 

Based on what has happened in recent years with these lawsuits by men accused of assault against University administrations, there is significant precedent for a federal judge to rule in favor of the players. Judges are starting to lose confidence in Universities' abilities to handle these Title IX cases. There are tons of articles about the lawsuits that have been won in just the past 2 years. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/expelled-for-sex-assault-young-men-are-filing-more-lawsuits-to-clear-their-names/2017/04/27/c2cfb1d2-0d89-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html?utm_term=.5da2f69a5e32

Do you really think the attorney was used to try and get a civil suit payment while he is still playing for the school? I read it as the lawyer was an additional hired arm to help defend him during/prior to the appeal, but am guessing 

It’s disgusting because JG is now going to turn around and make the school millions winning basketball games for free 

1 minute ago, majerus mojo said:

Do you really think the attorney was used to try and get a civil suit payment while he is still playing for the school? I read it as the lawyer was an additional hired arm to help defend him during/prior to the appeal, but am guessing 

I would still sue the school.

2 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

It’s disgusting because JG is now going to turn around and make the school millions winning basketball games for free 

I must have been reading it wrong, was the lawyer hired back during the investigation process or did they just hire him in the past week?

I still think the other three will file lawsuits against the University. Like I said, there is now good precedent for them to do so.