Practice news

SLURadioBoy

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, TheA_Bomb said:

MoyToy is into length.  He like those long dudes clogging the lane. 

Denying the pass inside can neutralize a height advantage by 1. forcing longer shots that can be rebounded easier by our taller wing players and 2. not letting them get the ball for the bigger guy to shoot.  If we're going to see more transition basketball it's better to have the tweeners.  SLU doesn't get the Muhammad Bambas and Jarret Allens that can run the floor at 6'11.

You could have just added a +1 to my post and saved yourself some time.

11 minutes ago, AnkielBreakers said:

Would someone please hide in the laundry basket for the team and sneak into the practice to give all of us an update.  That way we can avoid lengthy discussions about the length of players from decades ago.

why do you hate Vas'Shun Newborne and Izik Ohanon?

21 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

You could have just added a +1 to my post and saved yourself some time.

I'm diminishing your love of length, I'm celebrating it.

You  know cause the guys got long arms and can stop the passes to the tall guys.  It really helps.

Height is the least of rebounding; in no particular order, hops, position, strength, quicks, & desire all are more important.  Kevin Grawer averaged 6/game from the guard spot his sr. year at MU.

Pit # 1 -  Roland Gray's finest hour - he would not be denied.

Spoon-Balls likes this

30 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

Height is the least of rebounding; in no particular order, hops, position, strength, quicks, & desire all are more important.  Kevin Grawer averaged 6/game from the guard spot his sr. year at MU.

Pit # 1 -  Roland Gray's finest hour - he would not be denied.

Brian Grawer played at MU. Kevin played for SLU and then Tulsa I believe after dad got fired. May have even been on a Sweet 16 at Tulsa under Tubby Smith.

5 hours ago, kshoe said:

Brian Grawer played at MU. Kevin played for SLU and then Tulsa I believe after dad got fired. May have even been on a Sweet 16 at Tulsa under Tubby Smith.

You're right - too many Grawers to keep track of 😃

10 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Although we don’t have the 6’10” + guys, we do have good size at the 1-3 which should give us improved defense on the perimeter, making the job a little easier for our interior guys.  Additionally, with our athletic 3 and 4’s I suspect we’ll have better interior help defense.  

I agree with you on the improvement of the  D.  It will be better this year and it wasn't bad last year.  I would say we have good size throughout...1-5 including players coming off the bench .Our current bigs play bigger than most of the 6' 10" to 7 footers we have had in the past.....More athletic...quicker....more skilled...more intense..They will create problems for the opponents. As I read through  the board. I get the sense that many posters don't realize we have taken a quantum leap forward in talent. Yes, there is the usual hype and hope at the beginning of the season that we have been through many times before. Yes there are still many things that can go wrong....just saying ...we are farther along at this point of the season  than  past Bills teams.at the same juncture ...In addition we also have more potential at this point too. 

This time has the chance to be different......Tick...tick...tick

You are sounding like me around last May or June. At that time you were posting about the 2 grade limit up or down. Glad to see you are saying things like "a quantum leap forward in talent" which I am glad to see coming from you. Now, what we really have to see, you too, is how this quantum leap in talent translates into the way they play and the number of games they win. The team has good bones, no question about it, now we need to see how well the finishing touches applied by the coaches work out. Thank you Ford.