Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Pistol

Recruiting - 2021

1 hour ago, JettFlight5 said:

Is this a guy we had a high priority on? We should be hammering Clemson in recruiting if it's a high-value target to us. 

23 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Even after we've established ourselves as a top 50 programs, it will be tough to beat out high major programs for recruits in their own state. Just like we have an in-state recruiting advantage so does every high major program who is at least decent.

This. Also, we offered in early May so he's one of the more recent offers. He mentioned us to a recent interviewer as being involved but it's hard to say what level a priority he was.

Every time I see an update in this thread I’m hoping Nesbitt has announced his finalists and SLU is in it.

1 hour ago, JettFlight5 said:

Is this a guy we had a high priority on? We should be hammering Clemson in recruiting if it's a high-value target to us. 

Beadle is going to an ACC school two hours from his home. It is hard for me to criticize anyone staying close to home.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Beadle is going to an ACC school two hours from his home. It is hard for me to criticize anyone staying close to home.

Yeah, I said the same thing about losing some guys to K-State....just a gut reaction. 

On 6/29/2020 at 11:48 AM, Aquinas said:

Power 5 schools and conferences are dominated by football.  2 of my daughters have graduated from the University of Florida. They attended shortly after the year UF, won national championships in football  and basketball.  There is no doubt UF liked winning a basketball title, but it LOVED winning football titles. Football stars like Tim Tebow are treated like God's, even after they graduate. There is no comparison of game day football to game day basketball.

No matter how good a power 5 basketball team is, it is the ugly step sister to football. The only exception to that is Kentucky, but only because their football team has a terrible history in the SEC. 

Yep. And even UK may be starting to change and improve in football - the problem for them, of course, is their conference rivals — Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Georgia which remain at the top and other schools  which may be back on the uptick - Tennessee, Ole Miss, Florida, South Carolina, A&M and Mizzou.  Brutal.