SLU Soccer 2017

SLUBALLS

43 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Agreed.  On another note, this camera person is horrible. 

That was a tough loss....SLU looked like the better team for the vast majority of the game.  Diarra shot off the crossbar kind of said it all.  Don’t see how we lost 3-1 to UMass at Herman.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

At this point can we finally admit this program is at rock bottom and it'll take years for it to ever come back, if at all? 

The SLU Men's Soccer brand is obviously still very strong.  Very few mid major conference programs could have arranged for such a schedule.  But who knows how much longer that will last.

I am not going to hold my breath, though I think SLU needs to go out and find a proven head coach who can get the program back on a track before it is too late.

54 minutes ago, WUH said:

The SLU Men's Soccer brand is obviously still very strong.  Very few mid major conference programs could have arranged for such a schedule.  But who knows how much longer that will last.

I am not going to hold my breath, though I think SLU needs to go out and find a proven head coach who can get the program back on a track before it is too late.

The brand is so strong that good teams want to play them for a W.

If it is so strong why can't they recruit?

Hate to see anyone be fired and Mike always seemed like a good guy when I talked to him at previous SLU Soccer dinners.  He started really strong with those first two recruiting classes:  Kristo, Graydon, Lee, Manning, Bryce, David, Julian, etc and got us back in the hunt again.  But, since then, the results are the results, unfortunately.  Really hope we can get someone who can be a gamechanger and I hope the university supports the program fully and at the level other programs are supported these days.

slufanskip likes this

42 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Jason Mims has to be your first call. 

Edit: Actually chris May needs to allocate resources to the program first. Then call Mims.

Why not go higher than this?

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Jason Mims has to be your first call. 

Edit: Actually chris May needs to allocate resources to the program first. Then call Mims.

Totally agree. Mims is a SLU alum who built up UNO soccer from scratch into a consistent top 25 program. Pretty crazy that Omaha has two top 25 programs year in and year out now...

6 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Anyone got a brief backstory on Mims for those of us who know next to nothing about college soccer? SLU alum seems like a fun start

The University of Nebraska Omaha was struggling to make Division II work, so they dropped football and a few others sports and moved to Division I.  Omaha has long been a hotbed of soccer, so they decided to build an elite stadium and make a go of soccer. 

They hired away Jason Mims from Creighton who had followed Bob Warming when he returned to coach the Blue Jays.

Nebraska Omaha is still struggling with the transition as it was never going to be a quick fix.  Coach Mims will be hired away eventually.

2 hours ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Wasn’t Bruce the coach of la galaxy? We don’t have the money for him 

Bruce was an extremely successful college coach, but the comment was completely tongue in cheek....Juergen is available as well - but brings no college experience ;)

9 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Bruce was an extremely successful college coach, but the comment was completely tongue in cheek....Juergen is available as well - but brings no college experience ;)

Ah, but think of all the German soccer players Juergen would bring to town.

I guess TGlory TDays forgot that Arena was the coach of the USMNT.  He is getting paid through the World Cup cycle so perhaps he would give us a home town discount.

5 hours ago, aj_arete said:

Has St. Louis youth programs been surpassed by areas such as Atlanta? Or do we continue to lose talent to other colleges?

Scott Gallagher has 2 top 5 kids in class of '18.