Grad Tranfers

ACE

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

The biggest hurdle for the 2017-2018 team will be building chemistry among a group of talented players who haven't played together before. 

I'd be interested to see how other schools in similar situations (adding four transfers + two freshmen) have fared recently.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6'9 255 C Sean Obi from DUKE is graduating and transferring.

Can't find any High School rankings since he is from Nigeria but Duke Speaks for itself. 

But for da love and Billiken05 think he probably isn't good enough for the A10. 

Not many stats at Duke but huge potential and killed it at Rice which got him a Duke offer

2 minutes ago, slusam said:

Sean Obi had a great freshman year at Rice. Transferred to Duke and barely played. I think he was hurt this year. As I have mentioned before he would be a good pick up for SLU

Yea didn't play this year. Can't blame him for Duke playing time, they bench MCDAA. 

42 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Can't find any High School rankings since he is from Nigeria but Duke Speaks for itself. 

Not many stats at Duke but huge potential and killed it at Rice which got him a Duke offer

I didn't give an opinion on him. I simply stated his PPG over 3 seasons. My point is that it doesn't make sense to list arbitrary high school rankings when we have nearly an entire college career of statistics to look at. 

For the record, I would be interested in Obi.

16 minutes ago, For-DaLove said:

I didn't give an opinion on him. I simply stated his PPG over 3 seasons. My point is that it doesn't make sense to list arbitrary high school rankings when we have nearly an entire college career of statistics to look at. 

For the record, I would be interested in Obi.

I NEVER thought I would see a Billiken fan write that again.  ;)

The biggest need is a 5 to provide some insurance for Foreman... he is coming off an injury and if he gets in foul trouble, it would be nice to have another big body to hold down the fort. French, Wellmer and Johnson are all more like 4s. Several grad transfers including Kanter from Green Bay are floating around, but those guys will be in demand. The big prep school kid could also fill that role.

With the other scholarship, I would work the transfer market.

Gillman coming back? That would be a bit of surprise.

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

I never said he wasn't good enough. All you're doing is pointing out random graduate transfers on the market. You don't even know that's what's Ford is looking for. You're not providing info just meaningless content. 

8 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I never said he wasn't good enough. All you're doing is pointing out random graduate transfers on the market. You don't even know that's what's Ford is looking for. You're not providing info just meaningless content. 

You know, if GD throws 100 names up on the board, and one sticks, he can say "CALLED IT".