• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

He's a jackoff.

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Yeah but he hates Mizzou and Martin. 

I understand why many don't like him.  I think he can be entertaining.  I think he actually knows his stuff when talking college sports as long as he avoids his Tennessee area bias.

10 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Does anyone think they overpaid for mediocrity? He is the Mike Leake of coaching meaning they had a major hole to fill and needed to pay whatever to plug the whole. Cuonzo was the best FA out there so they paid they going price. I feel the hire is blah.

Yep they definitely over paid but the Porter thing will take the casual fans eyes away from the money and make it look like a great hire.  I've seen it as a 7 year deal and a 5 year deal. 7 years is a very very long time, can't imagine that turning out well long-term. 

15 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Yep they definitely over paid but the Porter thing will take the casual fans eyes away from the money and make it look like a great hire.  I've seen it as a 7 year deal and a 5 year deal. 7 years is a very very long time, can't imagine that turning out well long-term. 

I believe it's a 5-year deal but additional years can be tacked on per each 20 win season (up to 7 years) 

Clay Travis is a total fukbag

3 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

For the people who might actually know, should we be worried about the Gordon commitment? 

I have no inside information on that direct question, but I know that Gordon was high on Mizzou and SLU (obviously) when he made his verbal commitment. With Cuonzo now at Mizzou and them potentially getting the Porter clan who Gordon won the Peach Jam championship with, that has to at least make Mizzou more attractive to him. So I think we should be more worried than we were 24 hours ago, but no idea to what extent. I tend to always have some concern with early verbal commitments sticking with their commitment, but that is more from what I see in football recruiting.

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

I have no inside information on that direct question, but I know that Gordon was high on Mizzou and SLU (obviously) when he made his verbal commitment. With Cuonzo now at Mizzou and them potentially getting the Porter clan who Gordon won the Peach Jam championship with, that has to at least make Mizzou more attractive to him. So I think we should be more worried than we were 24 hours ago, but no idea to what extent. I tend to always have some concern with early verbal commitments sticking with their commitment, but that is more from what I see in football recruiting.

Michael Porter won't be there. 

You keep Tate, you keep Gordon

25 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I see a lot of name calling but not a lot of explanations as to why clay Travis is a "fuokbag". Seems like the same kind of hate Davey Pageviews gets with barstool

http://deadspin.com/no-halfwit-donald-sterling-isnt-the-real-victim-here-1575258639

https://www.google.com/amp/www.grizzlybearblues.com/platform/amp/2015/1/30/7952383/clay-travis-is-a-preening-jackass

"really intelligent" 

8 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

Albert Berneko is the king of bloggers who think they are journalists. I refuse to click any of his high and mighty clickbait nonsense. This is the loser blogger version of a rap beef.

20 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Michael Porter won't be there. 

You keep Tate, you keep Gordon

I realize that, but potentially having him and his family at Mizzou (would also be on a team with Jontay if this happens) is just another relationship in Columbia that is different than what was there when he committed. Whether or not this ends up impacting his commitment remains to be seen, but there is no doubt Mizzou is a more attractive option for him today than it was 24 hours ago.  

I seem to recall that Gordon also cited staying in St. Louis was the best move for him because he'd have his family and friends nearby. Now, of course, Columbia's not that far away, so that may be a non factor. Also, he probably wasn't too excited about playing for Kim Anderson on a train wreck of a team. I'll trust that Ford and Tate will coddle him and keep him here, but, because we're Billiken fans, we always have to have something to fret about.

27 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I seem to recall that Gordon also cited staying in St. Louis was the best move for him because he'd have his family and friends nearby. Now, of course, Columbia's not that far away, so that may be a non factor. Also, he probably wasn't too excited about playing for Kim Anderson on a train wreck of a team. I'll trust that Ford and Tate will coddle him and keep him here, but, because we're Billiken fans, we always have to have something to fret about.

He also had to know it was very unlikely the Kim Anderson trainwreck era would last until he graduated HS. If he had any interest in playing in Columbia for a different coach, he could have just waited to commit.

2 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Does anyone think they overpaid for mediocrity? He is the Mike Leake of coaching meaning they had a major hole to fill and needed to pay whatever to plug the whole. Cuonzo was the best FA out there so they paid they going price. I feel the hire is blah.

Leake was signed to be a #4 starter/innings eater, so I think overpaying for "blah" is a little more acceptable in that context.

48 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Albert Berneko is the king of bloggers who think they are journalists. I refuse to click any of his high and mighty clickbait nonsense. This is the loser blogger version of a rap beef.

Not sure how'd you know who wrote it without clicking on it ha, but sure. You asked, I attempted an answer. Also odd to stan for Pageviews (who I like) in one post and then 'bash' blogging in the next, but again, sure 

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Cuonzo has averaged 22 wins the last 8 seasons

In his nine season before taking over Mizzou, Counzo averaged 20.66 wins to go along with a total of 2 NCAA appearnces and 4 NIT appearances.  

In his nine seasons prior to taking over SLU, Travis averaged 20 wins to go along with 5 NCAA appearances and and 2 NIT appearances.  

It will be interesting to see how quickly Porter Sr is announced as part of the staff.  I don't know if he had contract that went beyond this season at UW.  I wonder if he let's himself sit on the market for a little bit now to see if he can get a bigger dollar offer for himself now that everyone knows he and his kids are available if a better offer comes along.