Transfers

12 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/sandy-cohen-iii

4* from Marquette Sandy Cohen lll is Transferring. Could be a great pick for the Billikens. Consensus top 100 recruit and averaged 10 points a game at MU. Thoughts? If anyone knows how to contact the Billiken recruiting staff, he could be a great find. 

Averaged 10ppg while at MU? Not according to the article below. Did you just make that up?

39 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

My question is do we need another transfer who has to sit or can we maybe get a better high school senior who is blowing up this year as maybe a late bloomer who can actually play next year with the one remaining schollie - thoughts?

Thoughts; this is only my opinion.  Barring an unforeseen transfer (which likely will happen), we have a ten man rotation already set for next season.  I'll let brighter MBM's figure out starters and minutes, but as it stands today we have the three transfers, French, Goodwin, Roby, Bishop, Welmer, Moore and Johnson.  That is already a crowded roster for minutes. One or two of these ten is likely getting serious bench time.   So any freshman, JUCO, or grad transfer would have to be better than one of these ten to play significant minutes.  I doubt there are any HS seniors still out there that would be a serious upgrade.  Those guys are already signed, sealed and delivered.  

Many agree that if we can get a PG or Post Player that can help, we need to add them.  I've just ruled out remaining HS seniors as being able to significantly upgrade next year's team, so that leaves JUCO or Grad Transfers.  Cohen ain't one of those.  He sits for one year and then might fill in as a 4th guard option. I'll pass on Cohen. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Thoughts; this is only my opinion.  Barring an unforeseen transfer (which likely will happen), we have a ten man rotation already set for next season.  I'll let brighter MBM's figure out starters and minutes, but as it stands today we have the three transfers, French, Goodwin, Roby, Bishop, Welmer, Moore and Johnson.  That is already a crowded roster for minutes. One or two of these ten is likely getting serious bench time.   So any freshman, JUCO, or grad transfer would have to be better than one of these ten to play significant minutes.  I doubt there are any HS seniors still out there that would be a serious upgrade.  Those guys are already signed, sealed and delivered.  

Many agree that if we can get a PG or Post Player that can help, we need to add them.  I've just ruled out remaining HS seniors as being able to significantly upgrade next year's team, so that leaves JUCO or Grad Transfers.  Cohen ain't one of those.  He sits for one year and then might fill in as a 4th guard option. I'll pass on Cohen. 

I actually think there are high school seniors who could compete for playing time next year but I see your point regarding the 10 man rotation already here.

I would pass for several reasons. First, we dont need other team's bench fillers. Second, we need help next year - not anyone sitting out. Third, we need a true center and not a 3 point, stretch, Euro center. His own words is that he can play the 1 thru 4 - doesnt say the 5. 

I want a Chris Heinrich type and not a Rob Loe type.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18325059/2016-2017-college-basketball-transfer-list

Wow, already a lengthy list of mid season transfers.  Sorry GloryDays, Cohen is headed to Horizon league powerhouse Green Bay.  SMU's big 6'11" Aussie center is there for the pickings.  There would be another big stiff for Soderballs to hate.

30 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/18325059/2016-2017-college-basketball-transfer-list

Wow, already a lengthy list of mid season transfers.  Sorry GloryDays, Cohen is headed to Horizon league powerhouse Green Bay.

Peyton Allen on the list is already on his second transfer.  He took a visit to SLU back in 2012.

Ok first off, we. need a PG, and secondly these players would look like gold at SLU. Want to take a look at Marquettes recruits vs ours? We have absolutly zero 4* recruits averaging 2.5 and SLU has about 8 4* not including the two who just left, Cohen and Traci who were both 4*. You can have a potato as a coach on both sides and MU would completely run the table on SLU. Traci would look good on our team and would be the best transfer we would have anyways. I look forward to your side on how we are "too good" for Traci...

19 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Ok first off, we. need a PG, and secondly these players would look like gold at SLU. Want to take a look at Marquettes recruits vs ours? We have absolutly zero 4* recruits averaging 2.5 and SLU has about 8 4* not including the two who just left, Cohen and Traci who were both 4*. You can have a potato as a coach on both sides and MU would completely run the table on SLU. Traci would look good on our team and would be the best transfer we would have anyways. I look forward to your side on how we are "too good" for Traci...

My question was what is your fixation, your connection, on Marquette?  Your two 'recommendations' that SLU pick up were from Marquette. It was meant to be a friendly inquiry.

Assuming both Eagles are/were 4*, [I'm too lazy to look it up], they haven't been killin' it in Milwaukee. So does that make Wojo or Ford a potato?  I fail to see your connection on that one.

Why is Traci Carter better than Foreman, Henriquez, or Bess?  I never said we were 'too good' for anyone. 

Just being silly, Alan Grayson will probably transfer from Duke, I'm okay with the tripper.

If you aint cheatin you aint trying, my kind of player.

1 minute ago, SShoe said:

Who is Alan Grayson?

Oh that was silly I mixed my politics Grayson Allen at my age it happens.

8 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

My question was what is your fixation, your connection, on Marquette?  Your two 'recommendations' that SLU pick up were from Marquette. It was meant to be a friendly inquiry.

Assuming both Eagles are/were 4*, [I'm too lazy to look it up], they haven't been killin' it in Milwaukee. So does that make Wojo or Ford a potato?  I fail to see your connection on that one.

Why is Traci Carter better than Foreman, Henriquez, or Bess?  I never said we were 'too good' for anyone. 

Why is he better? well he is a 4* which Bess is the only one who comes close and that really doesnt matter since they wont be competing against each other seeing how Traci is a PG. 

With the potato thing I meant that the reality is the coach doesnt matter so much if you are completly outmatched talent wise. Maybe they aren't killing it at MU but the bottom 5 of MU could beat our top 5. Traci maybe wasn't a standout but its hard to be a standout on a team with top talent. Traci came into a top 10 recruiting class. SLU should be glad to get the "rejects" from A programs. I would take DUKE rejects anyday